Lodge on Loch Lomond
The Inn on Loch Lomond(Luss)(Great Value!)
US$165
  • Restaurant
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel(Luss)(Great Value!)
US$239
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
2,751 results
All reviewscorbett roomcarter suitemunro roomsafternoon teaprivate saunaloch lomondgraham roomsteam roomexecutive munroopen planspa facilitiesstunning viewsa bit tiredsteakrestaurant stafflounge areamy partner
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Visited for Sunday lunch with our daughter who was desperate for a good roast after 2 months in University halls! She wasn't disappointed. The food was very nice, and good value for money. We had a table overlooking the lake, and service was excellent. We will be back.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I was at the lodge from 25 to 27 th October for a training weekend with 18 colleagues. The quality of facilities was wonderful. I was in the Deluxe Corbett Room which had its own sauna and balcony. The food was great and the staff were exceptional and very helpful. It was a very busy weekend for us but without the quality of service provided by the hotel staff it would not have been such an enjoyable experience.
All in all I would not hesitate in recommending thus hotel to friends. I loved it soo much that I have booked a return visit fir myself and my husband in November 13 . Can't wait!!

Room Tip: Deluxe Corbett rooms are ideal and have a balcony to watch the beautiful sunrises and sunsets.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Trailblazer559
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Whilst we didn't stay here, we chose this venue for Sunday lunch and overall were not disappointed, having heard that the views over the loch were good. Indeed the restaurant is virtually lochside with a beach walk easy to do to walk off the meal.

We hadn't booked, and before arriving feared we might not get in, but there were only a handful of customers during the time we spent there 12.30-14.30 so no worries getting a window table. I guess Sunday is a frequent changeover day for this property and others locally.

The food was pretty good and plenteous, we chose pate and smoked salmon starter, roast lamb and roast beef main course (think they should also offer a Yorkshire with the lamb as most carveries do), both served on a bed of beautifully flavoured mash (olive with the lamb was well chosen). The extra veg was rather bland and lacking in any colour - nothing green at all.

When it came to desserts, there were three on the menu. The two my wife and I had chosen were not available (guessing they weren't made if they were not expecting enough customers), but the substituted sticky toffee pudding was acceptable after a long wait.

Espresso coffee was good but the accompanied piece of tablet was dry and chalky.

Overall we had a nice meal. The view was fantastic. The staff were attentive. The feel of the restaurant was like a slightly outdated ski chalet. This was made worse by the glass units on top of the white linen tablecloths and then a thin yellow paper napkin. It may save a bit on the linen costs but felt a bit like you were sitting in an old peoples' home canteen.

But, for a £20, 3 course Sunday lunch, and a reasonable wine list, I would still consider returning.

Just to re-emphasise we did not stay here but just chose to eat a Sunday Lunch,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I was a little concerned after reading previous reviews.
The location is stunning even on wet days. The staff who we came into contact with, cleaners, receptionists and restaurant staff, were polite and helpful. Stayed in a Corbett suite, which had a stain on lounge floor (this was previously mentioned in a review) but otherwise was clean. Bathrobes would have been a nice addition. Breakfast was adequate, but one morning at 9am had run out of wheatabix for that day. Did not eat at dinner, so cannot comment. The hotel could certainly do with some TLC and perhaps painting and decoration. I did find it early to have a Christmas tree up in the third week of October in the reception. The village of Luss is pretty with some little cafes and restaurants to eat in.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed in a Corbett room at Lodge on the Loch for 2 nights dinner, bed and breakfast last week. We came here for our honeymoon in 2007 and have returned each year. I was a little concerned at reading some of the reviews but I have to say the stay was as good as always and I feel a little negativity has affected certain recent reviews.
I agree the rooms could do with a little TLC but this is a small point as they are always clean and comfortable and the views are to die for.
The restaurant was excellent for both breakfast and dinner although the choice is not as good on the DBB menu so we chose from the a la carte which only cost a little extra.
The staff were attentive and only too happy to help although they were a little forgetful with orders and needed reminded on two occasions but I am not uptight as some other reviewers so this did not spoil my stay in any way.
We will be returning next year and will not let a few negative reviews put us off.

Room Tip: We had a Corbett room on the top floor. You really cannot beat the views
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple