“Excellent”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Luss
Paisley, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed on 5pm deal. Room spacious, clean and great view. Food and service at dinner excellent and superb breakfast. Great spa. Only criticism would be difficulty in trying to just pay for any drink at the bar when staff doing all they can to charge any drinks to your room or set up a tab! Just let people pay for a drink! Otherwise faultless.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
NigelEB, Front Office Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
What an excellent review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent experience with us and found everything to your satisfaction. I have passed your feedback on to my team and we would like to thank your for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.
Wishing you all the compliments of the season.
Nigel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (653)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 29 November 2013

booked an overnight at the hotel via 5pm.co.uk which i used on the 22nd of November this year. package included room, dinner (2 courses from the a la carte) and breaksfast the next day. Overall i was very impressed by the hotel, the food, the ambiance and the overall experience. Saw some mixed reviews, and generally consider the 5pm.co.uk offers as hit and miss.

Room was lovely, big, and overlooking the loch, was on the ground floor, so we could drive straight up to it. lovely bathroom. Took a while to get used to the eco features on the shower, but overall impressive. Liked the pool, was quiet, again clean and the facilities good

Ambiance in the hotel was nice - service was relaxed, which is why its 4 and not 5 stars. Seemed like the hotel was too busy for the ammount of staff on, and we experienced a mix up at dinner with the wrong dish being delivered to the table. Staff generally great and that fact prevented the dinner from being a dissapointment. This is the only criticism i can level, and the pleseant smiles and good attitude of the team turned it around.

Food was excellent. Had salmon which was frech and well cooked. My wife had the beef cheek which was excellent. Wine list good, drink prices reasonable.

Little details in the hotel were impressive. Good toileteries. Well appointed rooms, lots of space (could do with a bigger TV) nice pool, friendly staff......could do without the plastic matress protector

Overall a good stay. Recommended

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
NigelEB, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent experience at the Lodge. It is a true saying that you should not believe all you read!! the Lodge accommodates on average 700 guests per week for overnight stays with us and we do enjoy an extremely high level of positive guest comments and subsequent repeat business. I have passed your comments on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed Sun 24th to Monday 25th this week.
On arrival we were given a warm welcome.
We had arrived around about 2.30pm, even though we were happy to go to the lounge for a drink; our room was in fact ready and we were able to go direct to our room which was room no 37.A Corbett room.
Everything about the room was pleasing.
The room was large and comfortable, with 2 large comfy chairs, and a large bed.
The main reason we upgraded to a Corbett room was for the private sauna in our room, we were not disappointed. My husband loved the sauna and I loved the extra large bath. Definetely catered for our different tastes.
Our room had a view overlooking the Loch with a balcony.
This would have been much better had the weather been better.
We had dinner and the menu was varied and both of us were happy to try something new, the food was very good.
Only issue was time between courses in fact we asked that dessert be cancelled as we gave up after waiting for more than 30 minutes.
The atmosphere in the main lounge area was pleasant with both guests and visitors mixing well, a very busy place and for the most part everyone worked well.
Beds were good and we both had a good nights sleep.
Good selection for breakfast some items were on the cool side but hot toast was sufficient.
My husband and I favourite destination would be Loch Fynne Hotel but after our recent visit to Lodge on the Loch, we will now have this as our first choice.
Another plus point is it's proximity to Glasgow.
Half the Distance and time for journey.
We will be returning again soon. Hopefully when the weather is warmer.
I will also be telling all my friends and family about this wee diamond.

Room Tip: Any room overlooking the Loch. I'm not sure if only the Corbett room are located overlooking t...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
NigelEB, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Wow!! What a super review and delighted that you enjoyed your experience at the Lodge.My team are extremely proud of the service and hospitality they offer to our guests and it is always gratifying when their efforts are noted.Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back.
scotland
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Went there at the weekend with my wife for a night away to celebrate our anniversary.

Upon arrival it very surprising to find there were no car parking spaces, so had to put our car in the "overspill", so a bit worried the place was going to be "jumping".

Upon arrival, check-in was painless and we headed to our room. We upgraded to one with a Sauna. The room was actually very nice, well presented and with amazing views across Loch Lomond.

After "unpacking" we went across to the Spa for a swim and "chill". In teh SPA it was a bit strange having to go Upstairs to change, and the back down to the pool. the jacuzzi was packed, so never got to try it, Sauna and steam room were good and quiet. The SPA is a bit tired and really needs some upgrading with doors missing from lockers, poolside shower not working and the flooring in the Sauna area having nails coming up thru it - OUCH !!

At night we headed off to the restuarant 30 minutes before our table booking, so we could chill and have an aperitif. I tried to go to the bar to order a drink to be quickly approached by a waiter who said he'd bring my drink over. 30 minutes later I was still waiting!!

The Head waiter approached and asked if we'd like to order a drink, and I responded that I had placed an order 30 minutes ago, and hadn't yet seen it - he didnt reply but simply walked off to speak to other tables.

I couldnt see what was taking so long as the restaurant (and bar) was only about half-full, and there were 5 waiting staff, who all seemed to buzz around, but werent actually doing very much.

Any way - we finally got your drink and were shown to the table.

We ordered starters and mains, and whilst the food tasted very nice, the portion size was absolutely tiny. I seriously thought about orderuing another main course as the portions were so small, but the pricing (I felt) was a bit too steep for the quality and quantity provided.

All in all the weekend was OK - but very disappointed in the whole restaurant/bar experience.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a rom with a Sauna, as the views are superb.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on trip advisor and I was pleased that you generally enjoyed your recent stay with and would apologise for the problems encountered in our restaurant and be assured this will be looked into. I hope that this will not deter you from returning to the Lodge.
Reviewed 26 November 2013

What a fabulous place, room was lovely with loch views and we upgraded to a room with a sauna which was an added bonus. Both dinner and breakfast food was fab too..and excellent service from the staff. Only down side was the bit of bother checking in, booked a 5pm deal but thro your Page which the receptionist kept asking for a voucher which you don't get when doing it that way...and we were not the only ones luckily someone behind us booked the same way. And also is was my birthday and engagement treat and my partner phoned to arrange champagne for room which wasn't there....but in all we had a lovely stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Stunning is the right word to describe the Lodge and its location. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent experience with us and have passed your comments on to my team.Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on trip advisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge.
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

got the 5 pm deal well worth the money.

Bit dated interiors. Swimming pool very cold.
Great food and brekie. Bar staff need a bit of work on customer service. Very friendly welcome from Andrew. Will return.

• Stayed November 2013
I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor. I have passed on your comments to my team.
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed in the newer part of the hotel and had a beautiful outlook from our balcony. The room was large and clean, with all mod-cons. Only stay in a double room with someone you feel very comfortable with, as the bathroom has a semi-open-plan layout so there is limited privacy when showering etc, although the toilet is separate. Unfortunately we missed breakfast as we had over-indulged the night before......! Overall a lovely stay in a beautiful location.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
NigelEB, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for placing your comments on trip advisor and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable experience with us. I have passed your comments on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Nigel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Knockderry House Hotel
Roman Camp Hotel
Roman Camp Hotel
#1 of 6 in Callander

Been to Lodge on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!