“Looking for a homely hotel?”

Lodge on Loch Lomond
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Luss
surrey
“Looking for a homely hotel?”
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

We spent one evening at this hotel to celebrate a significant birthday for my Mother In Law.
Right from check in we were made to feel most welcome. Check in its self was easy and almost straight away we were opening our room doors, there was 6 of us and all our rooms were Loch facing.
The rooms themselves were clean with plenty of room to sit and admire the view. The bathrooms were large with deep baths and a separate powerful shower.
As it was Burns night we were invited to stand and watch the Highland dancers and the addressing of the Haggis. On returning to the bar for pre dinner drinks the Manager very generously offered us a bottle of champagne and the piper came and played 'Happy Birthday'.
Dinner was very nice,(served on hot plates) as was breakfast the following morning. Plenty to eat at both sittings and we were left not wanting for anything.
My only niggle was the lighting in the room which was a little too dark for applying makeup. However, I am sure that my husband was say the low lighting was a bonus!!
Enjoy.

Stayed January 2014
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to place such a positive review on Trip Advisor.I am delighted that you had an enjoyable experience at the Lodge and have passed your comments on to my team.We look forward to welcoming you back.
Nigel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Hebrew first
scotland
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Firstly, this is no cheap place to stay. At over £100 per person for 2 nights on a bed only basis you need to know that it is worth every penny. Even on a dreich January weekday in the rain the location is outstanding. The staff are excellent. The rooms luxurious. The bed very comfortable. The bathroom ideal. Iron and ironing board provided. The WC is not in the bathroom. We chose not to eat at the hotel restaurant. You can access through Luss or take the designated entrance. The mini bar is typically pricey for UK hotels. One minor moan, the washhand basin was not to our liking as it was difficuly to drain. Tea and coffee making facilities provided and extra available on request. Kettle hard to fill from the awkward washhand basin. We travelled from East of Scotland and the AA sent us on the scenic route through Doune. We came back on the A811 to Stirling, a much more relaxed drive.

Room Tip: The annexe rooms with spa are very comfortable. Finding the entrance was a challenge. It is the smal...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
Central Scotland
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We booked into the Carter Suite and were delighted with the rooms. The view from the balcony was absolutely stunning. Rooms were decorated beautifully and everything was spotlessly clean. The private sauna was an added bonus too.

We had a real problem with our dinner booking though and this is what stopped me rating the stay as "excellent". We booked for dinner when we checked in and, despite being booked for 8pm there was no table reserved for us and we weren't served until 10pm. No apology or explanation.

I was also a bit puzzled that the huge bed turned out to be 2 beds pushed together! Not ideal for a romantic getaway.

We had a lovely stay and would stay again in the hope that the poor restaurant service was simply a blip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elliebee19
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor and I would like to apologise for the problems you encountered with your evening meal,I have raised your comments with our food and beverage team as a concern and they are addressing the issue.I look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge.
Livingston
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Great place for a total chill break with the most stunning views. We stayed one night on a bed and breakfast basis. The rooms were tastefully decorated and very comfortable with the added luxury of a sauna in our rooms and balcony looking over the Loch. The breakfast choice was wonderful with hot and cold or both on offer. A great find so we will be back!

1 Thank Frances E
Delighted to read that you had an enjoyable experience at the Lodge and found everything to your satisfaction,I have passed your comments on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back.Thank you for your review.
scotland
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Returned after having such a great time last year but did not enjoy as much this time. The service and dinner were excellent however we were moved room (much appreciated) due to our original room being close to the spa(noisy vents). Next Time I would request a balcony room. Our new room was great the decor very nice however no cold water in taps. I wouldn't have minded as much but for brushing your teeth etc it wasn't ideal. Will definitely return however as it's a nice place to go with family. Also special thanks for our anniversary card and champagne

Room Tip: Request an upstairs balcony room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank anza m
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the problems encountered with your room in respect of the lack of cold water and the noise from the swimming pool.I have passed your positive comments on to the restaurant team regarding the dinner and service.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We took advantage of a 5pm.co.uk deal for £99 for DBB, and I have to say what great value. We paid an extra £20 for a Corbett room so we had a balcony, loch view, private sauna and the like. The dinner was good, menu OK if you picked your way through it, all of our party of 4 enjoyed it. However the hotel was full presumably as a result of the 5pm deal, so service was a bit slow mid-meal but I none of us minded.

We arrived 15 minutes before breakfast finished. It had obviously been very busy and it took 10 minutes to get a clear table, but chef stayed on, made us all fresh eggs and re-stocked buffet even though breakfast was officially 'over'. Nobody tried to rush us out of the dining room and all staff all the time were very polite and helpful.

The spa was spotless, and is obviously much newer than the main lodge and it showed. Great pool, steam room, sauna if a little cramped in the sauna.

My only criticism is that the main hotel (room and restaurant) is a wee bit tired looking and needs a spruce up/re-fit. I can see why the owners are doing winter deals as I think it would otherwise be quiet. Our room was good, but I think another season of high occupancy will tip it over the edge into really needing refurbished.

This sounds a bit harsh, I really enjoyed my stay, value for money was very good and I would go back. I would love to go back after the main lodge had all been done up as the location is fantastic.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Delighted to read your comments and that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us.I have passed your comments on to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Edinburgh
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I could never get tired of staying at this hotel even though I usually wouldn't stay anywhere twice as there's so many good hotels to visit . In my opinion this place is as perfect as you get and will always go back at every opportunity. It's so cosy welcoming comfortable and has the most magical location possible. Combine this with great friendly laid back funny staff and fabulous food what more could you want. Bonus ..........it's also dog friendly ! Love the pool spa area too , and the rooms and saunas are great ! Thank you to all the staff who made our weekend perfect !

2 Thank mags1888
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
What a great review and thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.I am so pleased that you continue to enjoy the Lodge and the service and hospitality it offers.I have passed your comments on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Nigel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Knockderry House Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
The Inn on Loch Lomond

Been to Lodge on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!