Lodge on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel(Luss)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$77
US$69
US$120
TripAdvisor
Travelodge Helensburgh Seafront(Helensburgh)(Great Value!)
US$66
Travelodge
  • Beachfront
Loch Long Hotel(Arrochar)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$110
Agoda.com
US$127
US$155
  • Pool
Ardgartan Hotel(Arrochar)
2,751 results
All reviewscorbett roomcarter suitemunro roomsafternoon teaprivate saunaloch lomondgraham roomsteam roomexecutive munroopen planspa facilitiesstunning viewsa bit tiredsteakrestaurant stafflounge areamy partner
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I don't usually write a bad review but I really don't know where to start with this.We are planning our wedding and this was on the list of possible venues as my fiancée and I would love to get married at Loch lomond. So we booked the hotel so we could get a feel for the place and see if it was suitable.

We arrived at the hotel where we were met by a lovely lady in the reception who was polite and helpful. I booked an executive room, which according to the pictures on the website was stylish and modern with views of the loch. We got our room key at told the room was in the separate building across the car park. We were told about dinner availability and breakfast times etc.
We parked the car and went into the building. My fiancée was looking perplexed as the loch view was getting further away.
We eventually found the room which was was badly sign posted. The view of the loch turned out to be a view of the car park as you can see from the pictures.
The room was sub standard compared to the image that the hotel was trying to project. the toilet and the bath/shower/sink are in separate rooms ( not hygienic!!!!), tiles were really dirty , the room obviously used to be the beauty rooms of the hotel as the signs were still visible on the doors. the bed sheets had holes in them, the room smelt of damp and we couldn't open the curtains as the windows not only looked out onto the car park but the entrance to the building every person coming in and out of the building could get a prime view of our room ( and probably have a laugh to themselves that we were the mugs who got landed with it! ) and we constantly heard the clatter of the entrance door banging( this went on till the early hours ) so my fiancee was utterly disappointed. I called reception to try and get a balcony room like it advertised on the website. in which the receptionist was dry and told me that i had to specify this on the booking and that the hotel was full so theres nothing she can do. she was very abrupt and rude. But when you go onto booking.com to book it the text tells you that the executive room has a balcony with view of the loch. Hence why I chose this over the other room types.
At that point we decided to check out all the reviews on trip advisor and decided that we would not be giving another penny to this hostel so we headed to The Loch Lomond Arms for dinner. Im so glad we did!!!!! What a beautiful meal and first class customer service!!!!!!!!
We didn't even bother having breakfast the next morning as we just wanted to leave. We returned the key card and while I was waiting for the account to be closed there was a queue of disappointed guests querying items on their bill they had not requested and complaining about lack of service at the restaurant along with the general standard of the rooms.
All in all a very disappointing experience, this location has firmly been crossed off of our list of wedding venues. If you are looking for a classy hotel for a relaxing break with views of loch lomond don't bother looking at this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank boblfc
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for placing your review on Trip Advisor, I was most concerned to read your comments and would welcome the opportunity to reply to your comments directly with you.I would be most grateful if you could contact me directly on nigel.bird@loch-lomond.co.uk. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed Saturday night and it was a pleasure to return. Total escapism 30 minutes from town! The staff are all very attentive, with some shining stars especially in the younger members Ross and Leanne. We stayed in a Corbett room with sauna. Immaculately clean, warm and spacious. Dinner was a wonderful relaxed experience. Menu choices, food and presentation were all first class. Definitely a gem of a place to stay any month of the year.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Angela B
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to place such a terrific review on Trip Advisor and I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us so much and found everything to your satisfaction.I have passed your comments on to my team with a special well done to Ross and Leanne.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Had a business event at this hotel in Jan 14 and it went down very well with colleagues. The staff were very friendly and always had a smile or a hello to say. The events team were fabulous and done everything they could to help, they also gave us lots of ideas for our social evenings too. The food was great at both Lodge on the Loch and their sister hotel The Inn. Tea and coffee facilities were always available throughout our meeting and nothing was too big a request for the team. The rooms were received well also, I was lucky to have a room with a small sauna which was lovely. All rooms are Loch facing and the view speaks for itself!

Overall, I can highly recommend this venue for business events and had I visited sooner I would have considered it for my wedding too!!

Room Tip: Having had a tour of the rooms available, I don't think anyone would be disappointed with the room whether it be a standard double, deluxe or suite.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DanM21
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

What a super review and thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor,I have passed your encouraging comments on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We arrived here for an overnight stay in between Christmas and New Year which we had booked through a voucher website. Unfortunatley when we tried to check in they had no record of our booking. We had the voucher and did seem like a mix up from our end but the staff bent over backwards to help us out and quickly had us settle into 2 fantastic rooms. My wife and I had a great room in the main building overlooking the loch, the room looks like a log cabin with timer clad walls and nice décor, there was a separate bedroom and a sauna in the room! The inlaws stayed in the additional annex which were also great, a modern and trendy room with another great view.
We had also booked an evening meal in the hotel for that evening. I was really impressed with the food and the service, I think its been one of my favourite meals in a long time.
The overnight sleep was great and quiet and, although the weather couldn't have been worse it was still great to wake up to the noise of the water. Breakfast was buffet style and also excellent.
Cant wait to come back here again,.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank craighannah76

I was delighted to read your comments and that you had an enjoyable stay with us,I have passed your comments on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge.Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Would recommend this. We stayed in a room with it's own sauna and had a great time. We used the pool and other leisure activities. The rooms were spotless and the staff were great. Excellent Service for food, rooms, bar staff and reception. Will go back.

Room Tip: Any room is good
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret M

Brilliant review! Thank you for placing your comments on Trip Advisor and I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience with us.