“Great Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lodge on Loch Lomond
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Luss
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for our first year anniversary and loved it.

The service was great, on arrival I was taken to meet the hotel manager and chef to discuss what I was going to have for dinner as I had called up 2 days previous as I could not see a veggie option when searching the online menu. I told them I could only have halal chicken, so the ordered me some in. Fabulous service and meant we weren't restricted to what we could have. The chicken was great as was the breakfast in the morning. Very freindly staff and the room and surroundings were great.

Highly recommend and if you have any special dietary requirements, call before hand and I'm sure the will do all they can to accommodate. I was very impressed.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Great review and thank you for your review on Trip Advisor,my team pride themselves on delivering first class hospitality and will be delighted with your comments.
Nigel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (633)
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

my partner and I enjoyed an overnight stay here on a 5pm deal and we were not disappointed. .we upgraded to one of the corbett rooms with sauna but even better the balcony and view was stunning. the weather wasn't very nice but it didn't spoil it. we used the leisure facilities which were great, and very relaxing. dinner was so good although starters were really small so we ended up having a main and dessert too lol. cant complain the chefs special seabass and potatoes was so tasty I cleared my plate. my partner had the steak which he loved too. had a few drinks in the bar not too overpriced considering. breakfast was fab too. will definitely be back hopefully in the summer when weather bit better and we've also recommended to family and friends too x

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Wow!!What a fabulous review and thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.Our mission statement is "To constantly deliver unbeatable hospitality,service and guest experience"and from your feedback we are achieving this.My team are delighted that you had such a great stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Great venue and location no matter what the weather. Business facilites were excellent as were the buffet lunch and dinner . More than enough for our group and the service was professional and spot on.

Room Tip: Absolutely got to be on the edge of the loch in the main hotel building for me.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
A stunning review and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us.I have passed your comments on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Northumberland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Recently stayed for 2 nights, in a Corbett room with balcony overlooking the loch. Room was very clean and comfortable. It’s a shame the weather wasn’t too nice for us, because I can imagine how lovely it must be sitting on the balcony in the summer. The sauna was a nice feature and didn’t take long to warm up. We found the lounge bar stylish and relaxing, again a nice place to sit watching life on the loch. We had booked an evening meal package, and the 3 course evening meal was cooked perfectly. There was a decent choice with a daily special. The breakfast choices again were excellent and all served with tables overlooking the loch. All staff were friendly and efficient. Overall we had a lovely stay, and would definitely return in the future.

Room Tip: Worth asking for a first floor Corbett room, the views are beautifull.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
What a fabulous review and thank you for placing your comments on Trip Advisor.I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable experience with us and found our services to your satisfaction.i look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Treated my husband to an overnight stay for his birthday (on a 5pm deal). We upgraded to a deluxe Corbett room, with its own private sauna and balcony overlooking the loch.

We arrived around 5pm and found that the restaurant was already almost fully booked - so we had to eat at 6.15. However. this had the advantage that we got a great table and super loch view before the light faded. We had a a lovely meal. I had steak and chips and husband had fish with ice cream to follow.

The service was excellent and we finished the meal with coffee in the lounge area.

In the morning, husband had the full cooked breakfast and I had smoked salmon and scrambled egg from the buffet. Service again was excellent.

We ordered a morning paper. which didn't arrive so the hotel reception gave us a free paper and knocked the cost off the bill.

We didn't check out the the pool and leisure facilities, deciding instead to have a wander around Luss and a bit of shopping before we headed home.

I'd definitely go again. It was a great relaxing break.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
What a fabulous review and I am delighted that you had such a relaxing stay with us and found everything to your satisfaction.My team will be encouraged by your positive feedback.Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor.
Thurso, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Have recently returned from a short stay at this warm, friendly and comfortable hotel. Although the weather left a lot to be desired, the welcoming staff, the beautiful meals and the magnificent surroundings made it a wonderful escape! Dog made so welcome too - we hope to return!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor and I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable experience with us.I have passed your comments on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night here...absolutely perfect,it was a 5pm deal dinner b&b. We upgraded to a Corbett deluxe for an extra 10£ .the room was superb,lovely decor,perfectly clean and very nicely furnished,it also had a sauna room within it.our balcony over looked a perfect view of Loch Lomond.dinner was lovely and very nicely presented,the staff were really friendly,attentive and efficient despite it being pretty busy.my only grumble(just a little grumble)was the bar prices pretty steep at £11 for a bottled beer and a gin and because of this after dinner we walked 10 mins down the road to the inn at luss which was much cheaper and had the beer on draft and a lovely open fire to boot.slept like a log and breakfast was perfect again overlooking the loch, a lovely selection of hot and cold food. We didn't use the pool facilities as we simply didn't have time but they looked great...lovely hotel,fantastic food,stunning location...definitely be back.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Knockderry House Hotel
Roman Camp Hotel
Roman Camp Hotel
#1 of 6 in Callander
The Inn on Loch Lomond

Been to Lodge on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!