We booked an overnight here through 5pm.com - £99 for dinner bed and breakfast. We thought we were getting a good deal but we were really disappointed.
On arrival, our checkin details weren't prepared and they couldn't find our booking. We were asked to wait and I had to try scroll through old emails on my mobile trying to find a confirmation. Eventually they found it.
We checked into our room which was very small, but clean and had a nice view of the loch.
On going into the bar area for a drink, the table was covered with food/drink from the previous guests' lunch. The bar man removed the glasses and plates etc but made no atempt to clean the scraps of food and sauce that was on the table.
The service was really slow and they encouraged us not to pay cash but to open a tab - BIG MISTAKE!
Our evening meal was slow service again. Food was average. We received a menu stating 3 course set menu. A few items were marked as having to pay an additonal small charge (as you would expect for steak etc) so we assumed the 3 courses were part of our 5pm deal and ordered accordingly. We also ordered a bottle of the house red.
At breakfast, the selection of food was fine, but the plates had dried food stuck to the bottom! Both my husband and i picked up a plate from the stack at the buffet and both had food encrusted on the bottom.
Upon checkout, we were faced with a very large bill of over £160. This included the charge for our 5pm deal which they hadn't taken off. The remaining £60+ was our drinks and also our desserts from the night before. We queried why we were charged for one of the courses on the set menu and were advised the deal only covered 2 courses. I was also surprised to see they charged us 2 x 250ml glasses + 1 x 175ml glasses of red wine, as opposed to a bottle of the house red. We ordered a bottle because buying by the bottle usually works out a good bit cheaper...
We are still convinced we have been overcharged by at least £15 for drinks. We can remember exactly we drunk and it didnt tally with our bill. On asking for a breakdown there was no detailed breakdown of each order, just a bill showing the amount - not what it was for.
The queue to check out was long and there were another older couple seemingly shocked at their bill too. So we just squared the bill and left.
It's not a lot of money to be overcharged, but all the way home it left us with a bad taste in our mouths - we felt totally RIPPED OFF!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Lodge on Loch Lomond Hotel stands on a quiet sandy cove amid some of Scotland's most stunning scenery. With panoramic views of the Loch and mountains it offers a warm, relaxing atmosphere, delicious modern cuisine from the award winning 2 AA rosette restaurant Colquhoun's, stunning accommodation, including rooms with en-suite saunas and loch view private balconies, and a luxury health suite with sauna, steam room jacuzzi and swimming pool. Perfectly located to explore Scotland, from cities to Highlands ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your Lodge on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge On Loch Lomond Hotel Luss
- Hotel On Loch Lomond
- On Loch Lomond Luss
- Loch Lomond Lodge
- Lodge On Loch Lomond Luss, Scotland