“Afternoon Tea........Fantastic”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Luss
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea........Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

I visited here last Friday with my two sisters for afternoon tea. We started off with a lovely glass of bubbly and then onto a delicious selection of sandwiches, scones with jam and cream, delightful cake selection of lemon cake, chocolate brownies, mini strawberry tarts and finger chocolate pastries and lots of tea and coffee.
The view onto the Loch is amazing and the staff were very polite, friendly and attentive.
Would recommend a visit to this restaurant either for afternoon tea, snacks or meals.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank malynch50
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Fantastic review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your afternoon tea with us.I have passed your comments on to our Food and Beverage team and they are encouraged by your review.Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor.
Nigel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
  • Hebrew first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Just returned home to Edinburgh from a short break at Lodge on Loch Lomond. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our stay here. We were truly well looked after, from reception staff on our arrival, to the young girl who serviced our room (sorry I don't know your name), right through to the restaurant staff. Everyone is so customer orientated making sure all your requirements are met. I would like to make special mention of the restaurant - The Colqhoun - amazing staff, food and location. My husband who is on a gluten free diet does not always find it easy to dine out but Eilidh one of the Colqhoun waitresses made this a very positive dining experience due to her knowledge of gluten free issues - a big thumbs up to you.

The spa is also wonderful - facilities are first class.

I can highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
What a fabulous review and thank you so much for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.I have passed your comments on to my team with a special thank you to Eilidh and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Good value arrived early had lunch in restaurant looking on to loch nice fish chips very pleasant staff menu very varied. Check in time 3pm room 1 friends room 2 very pleasant nice bathroom also separate shower all very clean bedding and towels. Spa in separate building towels supplied had nice we swim back over to main block dinner booked 7/45pm
Now beware 5pm deal states only two course . Drinks from the bar bit pricey £4/50 for pint Tennants lager but the ambiance is nice . Breakfast next morning was well organised and it was buffet tea and coffee and toast brought to table all in all nice wee over night but as it was pouring down glad I was in main building people from the other block were soaked coming over for break fast
Sauna in room in balcony are all extras

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ruth765
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor and I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.I have passed your comments on to my team and we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Appin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed at this great hotel for a wedding on the 9th March, room was really comfortable balcony overlooking the loch was great too. on to the food our meal was part of a set menu for the wedding so can't comment on the regular menu but the food we had was great really well presented. only gripe would be bar prices bit steep for me. Breakfast was nice could of enjoyed it a whole lot better but head was a bit sore for some reason. would love to go back at some point to relax always seems a bit rushed when attending a wedding.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the loch there cracking
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for placing such a great review on Trip Advisor and we are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Paisley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

myself and my wife booked through 5pm for a 2 night stay dbb overall a very good experience the staff where very attentive and helpful for dinner and at the bar.
the room was quite a strange layout with the bath and sink part of the living space.
the food quality was very good for both breakfast and dinner especially breakfast.
the only disappointments was the drink prices which were quite steep.
our main gripe was that my wife is blind and needs assistance to go to the toilet which is a lot easier with a separate disabled toilet which at this hotel is not available.
there is disabled toilets but they are a cubicle inside the main ladies toilet and both my wife and i felt uncomfortable having to use this and i,m sure the women entering and seeing a man loitering in the toilets did too.
surely this is something most hotels should have as standard these days.
although this didn't spoil our stay and we would certainly return in the future if this was rectified

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor and I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and have passed your positive comments on to my team.I would apologise for the situation regarding the disabled facilities within the hotel and I am currently looking at a number of options to alleviate this problem and impprove on our facilities.I hope to welcome you back to the Lodge soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

The rooms we had were beautiful and looked straight across the loch. We also had a sauna in the room. The bed was lovely, nice and comfortable and the room was pitch black when all the lights were out. We had a three course meal which was fantastic and the manager even did a special request dessert for us.
Breakfast the next morning was also lovely.
My only worry was that there was no door to the bathroom, I understand that this was the same in all the rooms and yes there was a shower curtain but had I shared the room with anyone other than my partner I would have been very uncomfortable.
All in all would love to return.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms with balcony were the best
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
What a really lovely review!I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found everything to your satisfaction.Your positive comments have been passed to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with a 5pm deal for my 60th birthday.
A card and 2 glasses of champagne in room on arrival was a nice touch.
I have visited before and as before staff are very friendly and helpful.
Dinner was nice and of a very high standard, only the service let it down slightly, had to ask for the bread rolls.
Took tea in the bar and was treated to a birthday cake and the staff singing happy birthday to me. Breakfast was the usual high standard. Overall the usual high standard and fantastic views over the loch from our room.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
And a happy belated birthday.Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor and I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable experience with us.I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Nigel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Knockderry House Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
The Inn on Loch Lomond

Been to Lodge on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!