“It was ok ”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Luss
cumbria
“It was ok ”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Stopped hear 2 nights last week for a midweek break. The room was good & clean and great view. But the bar & lounge needed a dam good Hoover & clean. The breakfast was ok but not worth extra £10. The staff seemed ok. A few simple things could improve this place over night. 7/10

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank scottydog1
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor and would apologise for the lounge area and will look into this.With regard to the additional £10 charge for breakfast we changed policy last september and all of our rates at the Lodge are inclusive of breakfast.I was sorry to read that we scored 7/10 as we do normally score far higher.Apologies for our shortcomings.
Nigel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (662)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We recently had a wonderful evening celebrating a 50th Birthday at The Lodge on Loch Lomond; it surpassed all expectations. A surprise party was organised for 40 guests in the Glen Luss Suite. The hotel is of course beautiful, but what really impressed all of our party were the fantastic staff. From the moment we arrived, everyone could not have been more welcoming and obliging. Sandy bent over backwards to help us set up the room and was so attentive and helpful throughout the evening, we truly appreciated all his hard work and patience. The whole team, were a credit to the hotel and our evening had a lovely, laid back and happy atmosphere as a result.

Also a special thanks to our chef on the evening, the food was phenomenal- every course was a hit and I know the gentlemen in particular were delighted with their generous portion sizes.

For future functions- I cannot recommend this outstanding hotel highly enough!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your fabulous review and I am delighted that you enjoyed the occasion and found everyhting at the Lodge to your satisfaction.I have passed your comments on to Sandy and his team and they are delighted with your feedback.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I visited here last Friday with my two sisters for afternoon tea. We started off with a lovely glass of bubbly and then onto a delicious selection of sandwiches, scones with jam and cream, delightful cake selection of lemon cake, chocolate brownies, mini strawberry tarts and finger chocolate pastries and lots of tea and coffee.
The view onto the Loch is amazing and the staff were very polite, friendly and attentive.
Would recommend a visit to this restaurant either for afternoon tea, snacks or meals.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank malynch50
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Fantastic review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your afternoon tea with us.I have passed your comments on to our Food and Beverage team and they are encouraged by your review.Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Just returned home to Edinburgh from a short break at Lodge on Loch Lomond. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our stay here. We were truly well looked after, from reception staff on our arrival, to the young girl who serviced our room (sorry I don't know your name), right through to the restaurant staff. Everyone is so customer orientated making sure all your requirements are met. I would like to make special mention of the restaurant - The Colqhoun - amazing staff, food and location. My husband who is on a gluten free diet does not always find it easy to dine out but Eilidh one of the Colqhoun waitresses made this a very positive dining experience due to her knowledge of gluten free issues - a big thumbs up to you.

The spa is also wonderful - facilities are first class.

I can highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
What a fabulous review and thank you so much for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.I have passed your comments on to my team with a special thank you to Eilidh and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Good value arrived early had lunch in restaurant looking on to loch nice fish chips very pleasant staff menu very varied. Check in time 3pm room 1 friends room 2 very pleasant nice bathroom also separate shower all very clean bedding and towels. Spa in separate building towels supplied had nice we swim back over to main block dinner booked 7/45pm
Now beware 5pm deal states only two course . Drinks from the bar bit pricey £4/50 for pint Tennants lager but the ambiance is nice . Breakfast next morning was well organised and it was buffet tea and coffee and toast brought to table all in all nice wee over night but as it was pouring down glad I was in main building people from the other block were soaked coming over for break fast
Sauna in room in balcony are all extras

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ruth765
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor and I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.I have passed your comments on to my team and we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Appin
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed at this great hotel for a wedding on the 9th March, room was really comfortable balcony overlooking the loch was great too. on to the food our meal was part of a set menu for the wedding so can't comment on the regular menu but the food we had was great really well presented. only gripe would be bar prices bit steep for me. Breakfast was nice could of enjoyed it a whole lot better but head was a bit sore for some reason. would love to go back at some point to relax always seems a bit rushed when attending a wedding.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the loch there cracking
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for placing such a great review on Trip Advisor and we are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

myself and my wife booked through 5pm for a 2 night stay dbb overall a very good experience the staff where very attentive and helpful for dinner and at the bar.
the room was quite a strange layout with the bath and sink part of the living space.
the food quality was very good for both breakfast and dinner especially breakfast.
the only disappointments was the drink prices which were quite steep.
our main gripe was that my wife is blind and needs assistance to go to the toilet which is a lot easier with a separate disabled toilet which at this hotel is not available.
there is disabled toilets but they are a cubicle inside the main ladies toilet and both my wife and i felt uncomfortable having to use this and i,m sure the women entering and seeing a man loitering in the toilets did too.
surely this is something most hotels should have as standard these days.
although this didn't spoil our stay and we would certainly return in the future if this was rectified

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor and I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and have passed your positive comments on to my team.I would apologise for the situation regarding the disabled facilities within the hotel and I am currently looking at a number of options to alleviate this problem and impprove on our facilities.I hope to welcome you back to the Lodge soon.
Nigel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Knockderry House Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Lodge on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!