“Lunch at The Lodge in the Loch”

Lodge on Loch Lomond
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Luss
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Three of us arrived for quite a late lunch at The Lodge. We were greeted with a warm welcome by Pearl, who had worked at the hotel for 19 years. She was charming and as bright, as if we were the first customers she had ever greeted. A pity about the other girl working, who obviously does not like her job and had little to no enthusiasm, had a dirty shirt, no makeup and not a people person. Our lunch was delicious, the view amazing, the service from Pearl....great. We would happily go back again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Lodge and it is greatly appreciated.I was pleased that you had an enjoyable experience with us and have passed your comments on to Pearl with a special thank you.I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Nigel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,605)

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Booked this at last minute and was not disappointed. While we only stayed one night cannot agree with some of the negative comments re cleanliness. Our room was spotless and looked right onto the loch- what a view - for anyone wanting a special stay in Scotland you cannot go wrong with a Loch view room at this hotel. Food was good and not over pricy for a top rated hotel. Drink a little expensive but again you are isolated with no other option late at night. From the hotel there is a short lovely walk to the village of Luss along the beach and again this is spectacular. Used the pool which is a good size likewise Sauna and Steam room. Only drawback you have to walk outside from the hotel to access Spa but on a lovely night that was not an issue. Don't know what it would be like in a typical Highland rain . Staff were friendly and obliging and told me about special offers that they often had i.e. Dinner Bed and Breakfast at reduced composite price which if the same menu we had sounded like a very good deal. Check these out before you book. I though breakfast was excellent but it was included in our tariff so did not pay £10 - however I am sure that the Premier Lodge etc breakfast is in that price region ?. All in all for a special night either as a couple or a group it seems to me to be a great venue. Not sure if it is for children as there appears to be only the pool.

Room Tip: It must be a Loch View you are right on the water's edge with a view across the full width of Lo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

What a great and well worded review! Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor and I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable experience with us at the Lodge.I have passed your positive and encouraging comments on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

When booking to stay here , you need to remember you are paying for the view, this is stunning. We stayed in the Carter Suite which was nice, housekeeping could of paid more attention to certain aspects - dirty ceiling fan, hole in duvet cover, nail sticking out of the wall in the sauna. The evening meal was lovely, however breakfast was not the best and could do with improving. We booked this for Peace and Quite and ended up suffering noisy rooms around us with unpleasant language so with this, we were unable to sit on the balcony , Nice visit but we will not be coming back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us,I would apologise for your stay being disturbed by noise from other rooms and would assure you that this is an isolated incident.Our guests normally enjoy a peaceful and undisturbed stay and constantly comment about this.Thank you for bring our shortcomings in housekeeping to my attention and will discuss with my team.I note that you enjoyed your evening meal with us and thank you for the positive comment.

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Stopped hear 2 nights last week for a midweek break. The room was good & clean and great view. But the bar & lounge needed a dam good Hoover & clean. The breakfast was ok but not worth extra £10. The staff seemed ok. A few simple things could improve this place over night. 7/10

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scottydog1
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor and would apologise for the lounge area and will look into this.With regard to the additional £10 charge for breakfast we changed policy last september and all of our rates at the Lodge are inclusive of breakfast.I was sorry to read that we scored 7/10 as we do normally score far higher.Apologies for our shortcomings.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We recently had a wonderful evening celebrating a 50th Birthday at The Lodge on Loch Lomond; it surpassed all expectations. A surprise party was organised for 40 guests in the Glen Luss Suite. The hotel is of course beautiful, but what really impressed all of our party were the fantastic staff. From the moment we arrived, everyone could not have been more welcoming and obliging. Sandy bent over backwards to help us set up the room and was so attentive and helpful throughout the evening, we truly appreciated all his hard work and patience. The whole team, were a credit to the hotel and our evening had a lovely, laid back and happy atmosphere as a result.

Also a special thanks to our chef on the evening, the food was phenomenal- every course was a hit and I know the gentlemen in particular were delighted with their generous portion sizes.

For future functions- I cannot recommend this outstanding hotel highly enough!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your fabulous review and I am delighted that you enjoyed the occasion and found everyhting at the Lodge to your satisfaction.I have passed your comments on to Sandy and his team and they are delighted with your feedback.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I visited here last Friday with my two sisters for afternoon tea. We started off with a lovely glass of bubbly and then onto a delicious selection of sandwiches, scones with jam and cream, delightful cake selection of lemon cake, chocolate brownies, mini strawberry tarts and finger chocolate pastries and lots of tea and coffee.
The view onto the Loch is amazing and the staff were very polite, friendly and attentive.
Would recommend a visit to this restaurant either for afternoon tea, snacks or meals.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank malynch50
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Fantastic review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your afternoon tea with us.I have passed your comments on to our Food and Beverage team and they are encouraged by your review.Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Just returned home to Edinburgh from a short break at Lodge on Loch Lomond. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our stay here. We were truly well looked after, from reception staff on our arrival, to the young girl who serviced our room (sorry I don't know your name), right through to the restaurant staff. Everyone is so customer orientated making sure all your requirements are met. I would like to make special mention of the restaurant - The Colqhoun - amazing staff, food and location. My husband who is on a gluten free diet does not always find it easy to dine out but Eilidh one of the Colqhoun waitresses made this a very positive dining experience due to her knowledge of gluten free issues - a big thumbs up to you.

The spa is also wonderful - facilities are first class.

I can highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

What a fabulous review and thank you so much for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.I have passed your comments on to my team with a special thank you to Eilidh and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Nigel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
Arrochar Hotel
Arrochar Hotel
#4 of 6 in Arrochar

Been to Lodge on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!