“memorable weekend”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Luss
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“memorable weekend”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

we stayed in the hotel from sat 3/5 to mon 5/5 for my daughters wedding held in the hotel on the sunday all my family stayed over on the sunday night we almost booked out the full hotel and every last one of us had a fantastic time, the staff were wonderful and could not do enough for us on the day of the wedding everything went so smooth the wedding suite was beautiful and the scenery was breathtaking i would definately recommend this as a top wedding venue and cant wait to visit again ........ well done to the full team from housekeeping to the general manager all staff were so friendly professional and nothing was too much trouble ........top team well done

tricia allan

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor and for your very positive comments about the Lodge and the team.I have passed your comments on and they have been proudly received.We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge soon.
Nigel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (662)
  • Hebrew first
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 6 May 2014

A very nice place, with a good quality/price ratio. The whole hotel atmosfere is very quite and relaxing. The room view is really beautiful, and so is the restaurant and living room. Excellent staff work.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
A very nice review and thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.I have passed your comments on to my team and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Dubai
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Great place to stay looking over the stunning Loch Lomond. We were there for a wedding and so took over most of the hotel... the room was in the main hotel looking over the Loch (see pic of a 6am shot!). The restuarant menu caters for everything from a sit down meal to a quick bar snack and the bar... well the bar does exactly what you would expect from it!!!
Great service from the whole Lodge team... I'll make sure I visit again... thank you!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for placing such a terrific review on Trip Advisor and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and all that the Lodge has to offer.We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed here last year as my son and now daughter in law were married in Luss, held their reception at the lodge and stayed there for two nights. What an absolutely memorable experience. The whole event was carried out with such professionalism, the staff were incredible and nothing was too much trouble for them. As I write this, my son and daughter in law are celebrating their first wedding anniversary there tonight.
A year on and friends and family are still talking about their stay at the Lodge in terms of the quality of the food, the cleanliness of the rooms and the warm welcome they received from all members of staff. We can't wait to stay there again and enjoy the stunning scenery which surrounds this beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking Loch Lomond - stunning!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
What a fabulous review and delighted that you found everything to your satisfaction.Since your event last year there have been a number of exciting developments at the Lodge which have included our very own jetty, a complete refurbishment of the Macmillan suite,refurbishment of our deluxe corbett rooms and a full service bar in the Glen Luss suite.I have passed your comments on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Livingston, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Just like to say this hotel was outstanding, views amazing and spa and pool fantastic. We ate out at a little café/bistro round the corner was amazing. Room was spotless and clean and as a Housekeeping Supervisor for another hotel chain, not a fault couldn't find anything wrong with the rooms. The Housekeeping Team asset to the hotel. We didn't have a meal at night in the hotel, we ate out had a meal round the corner was lovely. Only observation i would say was the self service buffet breakfast in the morning was warm could of been a bit hotter, but still lovely.

I stayed on the 2nd of May as a surprise from my wife Paula for my 40th Birthday, great time and would happily come back.

Room Tip: If your eating out try The Rest Inn lovely meals and just walking distance from the hotel and try ou...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Wow!!what an amazing review and thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.I am extremely proud of our housekeeping team and the standards they constantly deliver and I know that your professional feedback has put a smile on their faces.We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My mum and my husband and I stayed here for one night en route from Glasgow to Oban. It was fantastic and we would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone and everyone!
Even the booking process was really good with friendly, helpful and professional staff for both the room and booking the evening meal (even advising on an appropriate time for the meal considering when our flight arrived at Glasgow - which was spot on so much appreciated!)

The Cuillin suite was amazing - wonderfully presented with a real home-from-home feel. Comfortable beds, incredible views over the Loch from our private balcony, very pleased.

The evening meal was delightful - so pleased we had chosen the Dinner, Bed & Breakfast option. The three courses for the evening meal were really tasty and just right in terms of portion size (a good choice from the menu too). The breakfast in the morning was a fabulous buffet and cooked food - again, really pleased.

And all that for the bargain price of just £269 for three people for Dinner, B&B!!!!!

We are not likely to be in that area again but if we are, I know where I will be booking to stay!!

Room Tip: Cuillin suite was exceptional value - two bedrooms with a separate lounge area.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
What a fabulous review and thank you so much for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.I have passed your comments on to my team and they are delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Stamford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I got a room at the Lodge for the fantastic price of £80/night B&B. This was for a suit with balcony overlooking the Loch which should have been £200/night. When we arrived we were in awe of the scenery and the hotels location. This was worth the £80 alone which was just as well as although the rooms were well laid out and comfortable they were not of a 4* class. The room we had (McMillan Suit) was tired and poorly maintained. What looked like expensive fixtures and fittings were hanging to the side exposing the cavity wall behind or surrounded by layer upon layer of mastic which detracted from what could have and should have been an impressive room. In short the room looked 'tired' and was in need a facelift. Had I paid £200 I would have been bitterly disappointed and even angered but on a positive note the room was very clean and as I have said comfortable with fantastic views so we did not complain and accepted that £80/night was appropriate and value for money.

We ordered room service which arrived when they said it would and at reasonable prices for room service but the quality of the food was far from the standard expected. I had a burger and chips and I needed a pint of water to wash it down with. I was close to dipping the burger bun in water to make it easier to swallow.

Breakfast was a buffet with fried options as well as healthy. The staff were extremely friendly and efficient at the front of house but the kitchen staff seemed to struggle to keep up resulting in empty food terrines and queue's in what was a quiet restaurant. I ended up waiting which meant that what I had already put on my plate got cold but my partner went back with a half empty plate. Again, the quality of food was not in keeping with a 4* hotel or even 3* for that matter.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mark m
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.I was sorry to learn that you were underwhelmed with your experience and would apologise most sincerely for our shortcomings and that we failed to impress.Your feedback is most important to me in order that I can constantly strive to maintain what are usually very high standards.
Nigel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Knockderry House Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Lodge on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!