My fiancée and I stayed here a couple of weeks ago and had the most wonderful and memorable night.
It started with me proposing earlier in the evening on the Bonnie banks before arriving at the lodge around 9pm. I had contacted the lodge to make them aware of this situation and as a result we were greeted by a very friendly and welcoming lady on reception that genuinely seemed happy in sharing our news once we let her know that the proposal had already happened!
From there, things only really got better. Our room was absolutely stunning with the most amazing view of Loch Lomond as well as having a massive king size bed, a private sauna and a very spacious, luxurious room indeed. A few minutes after unpacking, a very polite young bartender knocked on our door and delivered us some complimentary champagne which we felt was a very nice touch.
Although we never ate at the hotel, we did make our way to the bar later on that evening and found the staff to be very polite but equally down to Earth with none of that over the top phony service that only ever makes us British feel awkward.
After a few drinks and a blissful nights sleep, we awoke to the most tranquil views of Loch Lomond from our balcony before hitting the sauna to sweat off some of last night’s booze. This was followed by a hearty and tasty buffet style Scottish breakfast which set us up perfectly for a good stroll around the shores to enjoy some memories.
On checking out, we were once again engaged in friendly conversation with the receptionist and the manager, Nigel, who seems like a nice, good humoured and friendly guy, also popped over to pass on his congratulations and best wishes.
All in all, our amazing evening was made all the more special with our stay here and the memories will certainly last a long time.
A big thank you to Nigel and all the staff at the Lodge,
Eve & Mike
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Lodge on Loch Lomond Hotel stands on a quiet sandy cove amid some of Scotland's most stunning scenery. With panoramic views of the Loch and mountains it offers a warm, relaxing atmosphere, delicious modern cuisine from the award winning 2 AA rosette restaurant Colquhoun's, stunning accommodation, including rooms with en-suite saunas and loch view private balconies, and a luxury health suite with sauna, steam room jacuzzi and swimming pool. Perfectly located to explore Scotland, from cities to Highlands ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Lodge on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge On Loch Lomond Hotel Luss
- Hotel On Loch Lomond
- On Loch Lomond Luss
- Loch Lomond Lodge
- Lodge On Loch Lomond Luss, Scotland