“Anniversary dinner”

Lodge on Loch Lomond
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Luss
“Anniversary dinner”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

What a beautiful hotel and situated in a stunning location with outstanding views!

We did not stay in the hotel just came for a meal. My husband booked for us. Was very pleased with his choice for once! We were sitting by the door looking over there terrace and jetty. Magnificent view!

Food was very well presented and attention to detail was exquisite. Although starters are small portions but just enought and left room for mains.
Haggis bon bons for starters, perfection.
Steak was one of the best I have ever had! Compliments to the chef!
The brownie dessert was beautiful best brownie ive had since I was in America!

Staff were very polite and friendly, attentive but not intrusive. 1 was a young girl brown hair in a bun, other was a tall girl brown/blonde hair.
There was a gentleman who greeted us very polite spoken older man. Althought was very rude when we first entered, there was a mix up with our booking. Soon sorted and took to a table. (A very good table at that).

Would I return...Yes
Would I recommend. ..Yes, food was beautiful and service staff friendly with an outstanding view, of course I will recommend.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent dining experience with us at the Lodge and have passed your encouraging comments on to my Food and Beverage team and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Nigel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (662)
  • Hebrew first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We attended a fabulous wedding at The Lodge on Loch Lomond. The attention to detail was superb - the staff and especially the manager were so helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The meal at the wedding was excellent and the suite was beautifully situated overlooking the Loch. Our room was large clean and very comfortable with a magnificent view. The breakfast was very good , plenty of variety, fresh fruit, fresh bread etc. would definitely recommend this location for a wedding or event. I would return here also just for a quiet luxury weekend.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
What a fabulous review and thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience with us and found everything to your satisfaction and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge soon.
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The staff was very helpful and the food delicious. The very contemporary bathrooms took us a little while to figure out but on the whole the room was great. The lake is so calming and a nice area for a walk.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for placing such an encouraging review on Trip Advisor and I was so pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.Your comments have been passed on to my team and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge soon.
Scotland
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Didn't stay in the hotel however had an excellent meal in the restaurant overlooking the loch. The staff were wonderful. Menu was interesting and we were delighted with the quality and presentation of the food. Needless to say they got a good tip.

1 Thank Ginger005
I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable dining experience with us and enjoyed our cuisine and service.I have passed your encouraging comments on to my team who are delighted with your feedback.Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor.
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We booked the Carter Suite and were extremely happy with our choice. The sauna off the bathroom was a very cool feature. Loved the large deck with the awesome views of Loch Lomond! The bed was very comfortable as well. We had dinner in the restaurant which was quite good, as was the included breakfast buffet. I highly recommend the Lodge on Loch Lomond. Wish we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: I recommend the Carter Suite.
1 Thank CStewart826
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor and I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience with us during your recent stay at the Lodge.Your comments have been passed on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Gosforth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Great hotel unbeatable location on the shores of the loch. Food very good ,service in dining room a little slow but it's worth the wait.i have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions and I have never been disappointed.

Room Tip: If you want to have easy access to the spa ask for a room in the newer of the accommodation blocks.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Great review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit with us,it is always very rewarding for my team to receive positive feedback from our guests. as they pride themselves on delivering first class service and hospitality.I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
toronto
Reviewed 28 May 2014

we came from Canada and visited with friends. We enjoyed every minute of our stay at the Lodge. It was an ideal Scottish setting in many ways. We thoroughly enjoyed our walk around the village of Luss. We were ideally situated for a drive into the Highlands. The food was wonderful including the tasty black pudding at breakfast! Staff were so helpful and courteous. We stayed in one of the suites and were extremely comfortable and loved sitting on our balcony in the mornings. Yes - a shelf for toiletries would have been helpful - but hey - I didn't go all this way for my toiletries - I went for the ambience and relaxation and the Lodge had that and more! would highly recommend it to others for a great experience.

Room Tip: our suite was not immediately over the loch - other rooms are. Our second floor suite nevertheless g...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us on the Bonnie Banks and that you found everyhting to your satisfaction.Your comments are most welcome and I have passed them on to my team.I hope that you enjoy the rest of your visit in Scotland.
Nigel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Knockderry House Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Lodge on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!