“Overrated and In Need of Update” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lodge on Loch Lomond

Lodge on Loch Lomond
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Luss
San Diego, California
“Overrated and In Need of Update”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I arrived at the Lodge on Loch Lomond with high expectations based on the reviews I read. We were both very disappointed by the quality of our room. The decor is very mis-matched and in need of an update. The bathroom was the strangest configuration and contained the strangest sink and shower I have ever seen. Instead the the typical (efficient) faucets with handles, there was a button to push to get water. You had to push it again to turn off the water. The shower actually had to have written instructions because it was so weird. The location was lovely - the lake beautiful, but I would not stay here again. My adult children stayed at the Loch Lomond Arms Hotel right down the road which was great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Picky_Pamela

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (633)
  • Hebrew first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed lunch, had the mussels, staff were very attentive and helpful, quite pricey.
The views are the best in the area , the one thing I have to mention is the seating. We asked to be sat outside, but no spaces, fair enough, but it turned out to be. Blessing , as every outside table has smokers , the smell was drifting in!!, why can't smokers go outside , instead they get the beat seats and views?? Makes no sense !!? .

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your review and I was delighted that you enjoyed your recent lunch with us and have passed your comments on to my Food and Beverage team.Your comments regarding the tables on the terrace have been noted.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I arrived here for a short stay this week and had a fantastic time. The service and friendly staff were wonderful and really helpful. The people made the stay really comfortable and relaxed. We had a lovely dinner and breakfast with a fantastic room with a sauna and balcony with a perfect view of the lake and beach. I would have preferred mor vegetarian option on the dinner menu, but the special dish I had was phenomenal. I cant wait to come back, If only I had the money to come again soon! Thank you very much also to the bar staff who were on on the night of Wednesday 11th June.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor and I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us,your glowing comments have been passed on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed at the Lodge to attend a friends wedding in a nearby hotel. The hotel is right on the Loch. Our room was lovely, it had a balcony overlooking the loch, we had a sauna in the room, which we did use. The room was lovely & clean with everything we needed. There is a swimming pool and jacuzzi on site too which my husband used. The staff were really lovely & friendly, always there to help. The food was brilliant. We would go there again. It was lovely to wake up to the sound of the waves lapping up to the beach and there's a small village close at hand if you want to visit it. We visited Glasgow first which us fantastic for shopping. If you want peace and quiet The Lodge is perfect.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Great review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us,your comments have been passed on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I booked Lodge on Loch lomond for my Wedding this year - We had over a 120 people and most were residents within the hotel . No ask was too big - The staff and in particular the manager Nigel were truly outstanding. It was a warm , and welcoming atmosphere. The rooms were wonderful and all of our guests were truly impressed with the standard of them. The food was delicious and every little extra detail was noticed by our guests which is a true reflection of this amazing place.
I highly recommend the this hotel for a weddingor function - The two suites are equally as good as each other as they both offer different things - Glen Luss suite offers an amazing setting for champagne reception , our guests were mingling on the beach it was perfect! The Macmillan suite has an enormaour panoramic window which brings the Loch right to the room for your guests - Incredible - Most wonderful venue - cannot wait to come back next year

Room Tip: All of the rooms are fabulous - when I return I will be staying in the Main hotel to experience it a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Welcome back from your honeymoon and hope that you had a great time.Thank you for such a positive review on Trip Advisor and I was delighted that the Lodge played its part in your very special day.It was an absolute pleasure to host your wedding and I know that my team thoroughly enjoyed looking after you. See you soon.
Rainford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Absolutely gorgeous. So peaceful and serene. Beautiful views from the rooms, fantastic balconies to sit on.
The staff were excellent, restaurant was lovely. Rooms clean, modern - we even had a mini sauna!
Would definitely recommend and we will be returning x

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fabulous review and thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable experience and have passed your positive and encouraging comments on to my team and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge soon.
glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Yet again this hotel surpasses itself. We were welcomed back like old friends, complimentary champagne and a beautiful hand made card on the terrace.
The General Manager Nigel is omnipresent with a serene and calm manner ensuring the enjoyment of his guests.
We were looked after by one of the management team Heather, and she could not have done more to make our stay wonderful. A credit to the hotel.
I work in the hospitality industry and it's rare indeed to find a hotel that gets everything right when it comes to customer service.
The restaurant is lovely and the food hits the mark.
We had beautiful weather and were able to use the new pier and enjoy the beach.
The only problem... The stay wasn't long enough. We'll be back soon.

Room Tip: I prefer the more traditional corbett rooms, although all the rooms are lovely, it comes down to per...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you kindly for such a positive and glowing review and for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.I am pleased that you are continually impressed by the Lodge and the service and hospitality that we offer and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Nigel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Knockderry House Hotel
Roman Camp Hotel
Roman Camp Hotel
#1 of 6 in Callander
The Inn on Loch Lomond

Been to Lodge on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!