“Lovely stay ”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Luss
Kilmarnock, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay ”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in one of the Munro rooms which had a large balcony and a lovely view of the loch it was so peaceful. It has an amazing deep bath which you set to run itself to whatever temperature you like ! Lovely and clean with fresh towels daily .
The spa was situated just along the corridor , it has a lovely pool , sauna and steam room , really nice and we were lucky to have it almost to ourselves. ( maybe picked right time of day .)
The only problem we had and why a star is taken off is with the restaurant . As we had the summertime package one meal was included specified as two courses including coffee . If the table was booked in advance a complimentary glass of wine each was included .( you'd think this might be offered when seated which it wasn't ) At the end of the meal we asked for the bill expecting a steak supplement and a beer but we were presented with a full bill,the amended bill was also wrong and only on a third occasion was it correct . The food however was lovely although the breakfast was just ok .

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Sylvia M
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor and was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us.I note that you did have an issue with you restaurant bill and for this I would sincerely apologise and can fuuly understand the frustration.I hope to welcome you back to the Lodge soon.
Nigel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (653)
  • Hebrew first
Glasgow
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We had our wedding reception there on 19th July 2014 and there ain't enough words to describe the input the staff and the venue had in making it the most amazing occasion. With most our guests travelling from all over with most being from down south. Our guest started arriving on Thursday/Friday staying at both the Lodge and the Inn. Where we were treated like royalty with our guests getting shuttled about between venues. On the morning of the wedding our guests were transported to and from the nearby Luss Church by Nigel.Our wedding reception was out of this world from the way we where looked after by Sandy and his staff with professionalism and a touch of humour made it a day me and my wife will never forget. On the morning after the wedding while having breakfast Nigel ask if we would accept a speed boat journey from the hotel....AMAZING!!! so to sum up from start to finish over 4 days Nigel and all his staff from reception/chefs/wedding planners/waiters and waitress that includes all the staff in the Inn have given me and my wife memories that will never be forgotten...Mr n Mrs Tolmie.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Tolmie1907
Once again congratulations to you on your recent marriage.It was an absolute pleasure for us to host your very special day and I know that my team really enjoyed getting to know all the party.Thank you for such a glowing review and for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor. Enjoy your honeymoon and hope to see you back at the Lodge very soon.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Just returned from lodge on Loch Lomond . Will never go back!!! The room we stayed in was strange to say the least . There was no wall separating the bedroom from the bathroom . The tea and coffee facilities were in a cupboard in the bathroom there was no socket so we had to take the kettle and plug it in somewhere else in the room. The room was clean but the decor and furniture was very shabby and worn, there was a separate toilet which had no sink in it so after you finished in the toilet you had to come out of that room and make your way to the bathroom/ bedroom to wash your hands. The hotel itself again was pretty worn the bar was being refurbed whilst we were there so there was constant drilling and hammering not the best when your trying to relax. The view was great but the hotel is definitely not, nor is it four star no where near it. We checked out a day early as we were not happy with the room the noisy bar and a lot of other things . The receptionist did not ask us WHY! We were leaving a day early which I thought would be a normal reaction to guests departing early but she didn't seem interested at all she was only interested in telling us that we would still have to pay for that evening even if we were leaving . I didn't bring any of these points to their notice I didn't see the point it would have made no difference it's all about the money not customer care. We were £170 per night to stay there not worth it at all whoever awarded them four star status must have been on something I'm sure. Please don't go !!

Room Tip: Don't go into a executive Munro
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Caroline R
I was concerned to read that you had not enjoyed your stay wiith us and that the main reason for this is that you did not like the layout of the room,I find this interesting considering many guests who return to us time and time again actually request these rooms.I guess the Lodge does not suit all tastes but certainly ticks all the boxes for 99.9% of our guests.I only wish that you had mentioned this during your stay which would have provided my team with the opportunity of addressing your issues.
Regards
Nigel Bird
Irvine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here for our nephews wedding and the whole experience was fantastic some very minor complaints like bar prices at the wedding and could be a better choice of cereal at breakfast. The manager and staff team made us very welcome and asked several times if we needed anything and manager asked us for honest feedback as he wants to continue to improve the hotels service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your positive and encouraging comments regarding your recent stay at the Lodge and I was delighted that you had enjoyed the wedding. Your comments have been passed to my team and have been well received.Thanks for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor.
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here on saturday evening with my partner looking for a relaxing stay and that is exactly what I got. The views are spectacular and I loved the fact that my room had a balcony looking right on to the Loch. The rooms were spacious,clean and well presented even included our own private sauna, We used the leisure facilities which were great before we went for dinner to work up an appetite. we ordered the Mussels for starter then followed by a steak which was beautiful,cooked to perfection and so tender. After we sat in the bar for a while to just enjoy the atmosphere. I sat on my balcony on sunday morning and watched a couple go for a morning swim right off the end of the Jetty, Looked wonderful! It really is a lovely place and the staff are all really friendly and helpful. I will definately be back

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Perfect review and thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.I was most encouraged to read that you had such an enjoyable experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had a company event at the hotel on Thursday. From start to finish the service was first class. Food, facilities and the weather! could not be faulted. The addition of the bar to the function suite and the jetty for speedboat etc., at the front of the hotel make this venue even more appealing and we will definitely be using the hotel again in future. Thanks to Sarah, David and Nigel for looking after us so well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
A most excellent review and thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.Your comments have been passed on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Glasgow
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Booked a 3 night stay here for a special occasion and were somewhat disappointed. I have frequented this hotel for a drink, meal or lunch for the best part of 18 years and have stayed there on 10 separate occasions over the past 5 years. We seen it as our special place for a break away where we were guaranteed a fine location, use of facilities and lovely food. Now the location and leisure facilities are still excellent but the food has seriously went downhill. Had lunch when we arrived, dinner that night and breakfast the first morning, words couldn't describe the disappointment we felt. It could only be described as disgusting. The lunch and the meal were served with frozen chips, something the lodge would never have done previously, even seen a few bags of frozen chips on the counter as we passed the kitchen. Lamb at dinner, not like any I had ever had before and 3 tiny pieces of it with aubergines on the side, all for the price £19. My wife had a steak which was mediocre with a tomato £22. Both with no accompanying veg. I mean seriously!!!! The hot breakfast was inedible so had cereal. Tried a breakfast the second morning as thought it must have been a bad day but no, was still disgusting. It seems they have changed the menus and quality of food, all for the worst, may be to cut costs!?! If that's the case then it will be a matter of time before one of those stars disappears! Have gave a 2 star rating, one for the staff as they were great and the one for the location. It's a real shame as we loved coming here but it's with a heavy heart when I say we will not be returning.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Rosiepopp
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
I was most concerned to read your comments regarding your recent stay with us and would apologise most sincerely for our shortcomings.It is most important that I receive guest feedback in order that I can maintain what are normally very high standards. I hope that you will stay with us again in the future and would ask that you contact me directly to handle your reservation and give me the opportunity to restore your confidence in the Lodge.
Nigel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Knockderry House Hotel
Roman Camp Hotel
Roman Camp Hotel
#1 of 6 in Callander

Been to Lodge on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!