“Could be so much better”

Lodge on Loch Lomond
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Luss
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Although promoted as "on Loch Lomond", the property has a road (usually very busy) and some distance between it and the Loch. Rooms at the front have partial views of the Loch only if they are on the upper levels whilst those at the back look at scrub and earth (our party had 3 rooms in various locations around the hotel). Attitude of staff appears to be that as there is limited accommodation in this region that they don't really have to try hard because they will get business despite how slack they are (perhaps this is a reflection of management's attitude). We visited and preferred to dine at the village of Luss (5 minutes drive away), and felt well rewarded for making this small effort rather than offer further patronage to the Lodge. Luss is a gem.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here several times since we got engaged in 2008, the staff have always been very friendly and welcoming, the views from the rooms and restaurant are amazing, we have stayed at Christmas and at new year and the 3 night packages that they offer are great value and worth every penny, can't wait to stay there again this new year

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Andrewstratton
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Likewise,it is my favourite hotel too. Thank you for your review and for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Attended a wedding at Lodge on Loch Lomond recently, what a stunning location! This is one of those 'wedding package' hotels where the economy price charged is reflected in the quality of service and food. Wouldn't want to book as an individual customer, too geared to the wedding and corporate business.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and I feel a little perplexed and do not fully understand your comments.I would be grateful if you could email me directly on nigel.bird@loch-lomond.co.uk with a more comprehensive and explanatory review on our service.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just back after a lovely overnight stay at the lodge on Loch Lomond and can't speak highly enough about it. It was a birthday surprise from my husband and I couldn't have asked for more. The view from our bacony was beautiful. At dinner we were sitting at a table in the restaurant with views over the loch and the sun shimmering over the water. It was to die for. Would definitely love to go back as all staff were extremely helpful and couldn't do enough for us. Food was lovely and waiters were unobtrusive but always on hand for our needs. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

1  Thank Hannah1208

What a lovely review and thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.I am delighted that you had an enjoyable experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I always look forward staying at the Lodge as everyone is so friendly, very cosy lounge where you can enjoy a coffee, the restaurant is really nice and food is to die for plus the rooms are so cosy with a plus having a sauna in your room. I loved the hotel so much because the staff are so helpful and friendly that I got married there as its so family friendly. Each year I go for my anniversary this year I had a bottle champagne waiting for us in the room which was a nice surprice. Looking forward to staying again.

Room Tip: There is a spa that you can relax in.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I was delighted to read your comments following your recent stay with us and what is really encouraging is that as a regular guest of the Lodge you continue to enjoy your stays with us.I have passed your comments on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We held our wedding on Sunday 20th July 2014 at The Lodge on Loch Lomond and it truly was the most fantastic day ever!

Firstly I would would like to thank Nigel and his team for everything, they made our day what it was and we will never forget it. I have never known someone to be so involved and organised, even in all the minor details and it made a huge difference to us.

I would be here all day if I was to mention what Nigel and the team did for us over the months of planning and on our special day but I must express you will not get this service anywhere else. We have visited and stayed at many 5 star resorts and hotels and I must say this has pipped it to the post!

I had a few hesitations about certain parts of our big day, Nigel solved these issues and put us completely at ease, in fact I was not worried about our venue one bit!!!

Now that the dust has settled we have just realised how much effort the team at the lodge put in to make our day so special,

I would just like to add that the food was spectacular, not only on the big day but on the many times we visited throughout the year. I would highly recommend this not only as a hotel but as the place to make those special memories!!

We will be back very soon

Mr and Mrs Cameron

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to place such a fabulous review on Trip Advisor and your comments have been passed on to our team.Once again congratulations on your recent marriage and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Just returned from another stay and once again the service in hotel was fantastic. It is a stunning location and the friendly staff make it even more enjoyable. Food is superb and my family and I look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank heatseaker23
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Wow!!! What a fabulous review.Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor,my team pride themselves on offering all of our guests a memorable and enjoyable stay and when they receive such positive and glowing feedback it puts a spring in their step.I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Nigel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
Arrochar Hotel
Arrochar Hotel
#4 of 6 in Arrochar

Been to Lodge on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!