“Week-end away”

Lodge on Loch Lomond
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Luss
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Had a week-end at Lodge on Loch lomond on 27th December that was not a very good experience due to the service. This was rectified by the Manager Nigel who offered us another free week-end at the end of June.
This time the service was excellent which was the only fault as the food, rooms,view and area are all perfect
Thanks again for giving us the chance to come back and enjoy our wee-end we will be back.

Room Tip: Take the rooms with the sauna as they have the best views on the loch
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us and I was delighted that you had noticed the improvements that have been made at the Lodge in terms of the service and hospitality that we offer our guests.I look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This hotel is directly on the shores of Loch Lomond with an easterly view across the Loch. The second floor room had a wonderful view of the Loch and surrounding mountains. The room was clean, the bed comfy , and the furniture well worn. There was no air conditioning and the room was quite warm. Although the windows opened there were no screens and evidence of bird activity on the roof adjacent to the windows. A small portable fan is provided. The bathroom is updated and spacious, but there is very little counter space and the room is poorly lit. Food and atmosphere at the restaurant were excellent. The hotel has many nice features but would not be my choice for another stay.

Room Tip: Although second floor rooms have fine views, the stairs are steep and there are no elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

I was sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay and that we did not live up to your expectations on this occasion.I have passed your positive feedback on to my Food and Beverage team regarding your dining experience.Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We got married here at the beginning of July and it was absolutely perfect! The staff were extremely attentive and professional. All staff were fantastic but special thanks go to Nigel (Manager), Jennifer (Wedding Coordinator) and event staff Charlotte (very creative and talented!), Sandy and Daryl, who all made our day so amazing! Thank you!
Our wedding meal was delicious and it was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone, thank you Chef! The venue was clean, well resourced and well staffed. The entire planning process went smoothly and the wedding coordinators accommodated our every need.
The only points that we would like to make are 1) the Munro rooms are very dated but they are up for refurbishment and this is due to happen soon. These are the rooms that are included in the Glen Luss package but you can pay a very small upgrade to a beautiful Corbett room and it is absolutely worth it! 2) It would possibly be a nice touch if there was a small gesture in the bride/groom room upon check-in, e.g. champagne, card, petals, etc.
This is a wonderful venue and very reasonably priced. Thank you Lodge on Loch Lomond!

Room Tip: Upgrade from Munro rooms as they're dated and up for refurbishment in the near future.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Once again congratulations on your recent marriage and I am so pleased that the Lodge played a part in your very special day,I have passed your comments on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Me and my mum stayed here for a night before going to Glasgow to watch the Commonwealth games. We couldn't have been luckier with the weather. We flew up from Southampton with only hand luggage and half of this was our wetsuits as we are both keen open water swimmers. On arrival the receptionist said we wouldn't need them and she was right the lake was warm and beautiful to swim in. The hotel has a jetty which you can jump off or there is a step ladder into the water. Luss is a beautiful village. Overall the Hotel has fantastic scenery, excellent rooms and food and great staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for such a perfect review and for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is in the most fantastic location. The views are tremendous with a lovely balcony (pity the balcony didn't have a solid roof as the rain just poured through). The staff were very attentive and pleasant. However we felt at £328 our Corbett Room was overpriced. The bed was immaculate but the room itself had a sour smell. It had a slightly jaded feel and the paint on the toilet door was distinctly shabby. The surfaces appeared clean but beneath the glass tops there was an accumulation of dust. There was a different odour in the public areas like damp competing with cooking smells. At breakfast my husband and I both agreed that the sausages had an unpleasant taste and were past their best – the rest of the cooked breakfast was fine.
Apart from mentioning the sausages at breakfast we didn't get an opportunity to give our opinion on our stay - we weren't asked if we had enjoyed our stay on checking out – nor were we given a satisfaction form to complete otherwise I would have mentioned the comments above - plus - having already paid a 25% deposit, I was quite shocked at being asked for my credit card to authorise £50 to be deducted in the event that we use anything from the mini bar or other facilities and not pay them.
My feeling about this hotel is that it is trading on its location and failing to offer high standards elsewhere. When I booked the room I said the rate seemed a bit steep and was told this was due to the Commonwealth Games. Given that they were practically guaranteed a full hotel for this very reason, I think it was opportunistic to command a higher rate. I had a wedding to attend at another hotel in Luss which was full so I needed accommodation otherwise I would not have booked on principle. I was however quite excited by the promise of our stay. But unfortunately was disappointed.

1  Thank A H
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor and would apologise for our shortcomings and that you felt disappointed with your overall stay.I will look into your valuable comments with a view to improving our offering. I hope that this will not deter you from using the Lodge in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Fantastic scenery, excellent rooms and food and great staff. Highly recommended. Nigel was star. I would definitely take the speed boat trip around the loch. The music at the sister hotel on a Friday night is also worth a visit, with transport provided. Javames and Bea

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for such a positive review and for taking the time to post uour comments on Trip Advisor.I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We recently had our son's wedding here, which sits just back from the hotel. Fabulous views from the function suite which is 2 floors up. The weather was superb and we were able to toast the bride and groom on the front lawn.
The staff were excellent as was the meal. The room was nice , but with it being the hottest day of the year, air con' would be an advantage. However we realise it is rare to have such temperatures in these parts.
Our guests were scattered over various venues including the Inn at Inverbeg which is owned by the people who also own The Lodge on Loch Lomond Hotel.
Special mention must go to Laura at the Inn as she was very accommodating. Also the young lady ( forget her name , but had a bandage on her hand ! ) who served over 30 guests with dinner on the night prior to the wedding. She was great, despite many different accents and strange requests she was willing to arrange everything to our satisfaction. She even took time at the end of her shift to wish us well for the rest of the night and also the wedding.
Good food here also, not high class restaurant fare, but good 'Inn' food at reasonable prices.
All in all well looked after with pleasant staff- well done to all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor and I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I have passed your positive comments on to my team.
Nigel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Knockderry House Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel

Been to Lodge on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!