Lodge on Loch Lomond
Claymore Hotel(Arrochar)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
2,725 results
All reviewscorbett roomcarter suitemunro roomsafternoon teaprivate saunaloch lomondgraham roomsteam roomexecutive munroopen planspa facilitiesstunning viewsa bit tiredsteakrestaurant stafflounge areamy partner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Fantastic hotel, I was there with my children and the staff were welcoming and treated my children with the same respect as an adult, views are sensational, a beautiful village just along the bank as well
We took the opportunity to take a speedboat tour of the islands on the Loch, I would highly recommend it (available from Luss pier best to prebook)
Also went up to Ardlui to do wakeboarding which was great fun highly recommend it
It just seemed that everyone we met had a smile on their face and could not do enough for you
I will be coming back for sure

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

A Glowing Review. Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I am delighted to read that you had a great holiday with us,your comments have been passed on to my team and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

My partner was given a gift voucher for here. Sorry to say for £209 we were robbed. Part of the package we booked was for afternoon tea. When we arrived we were told we were too late and would need to book it for next day. We booked for 12-30 our tea arrived at 12-35 sandwiches and scones arrived at 13.05. No apology for delay found staff very unhelpful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lorraine862

I was sorry to read your review regarding your recents stay with us and would sincerely apologise that we got it so wrong on this occasion.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We were a little disappointed in this hotel....expecting more updated feel and not the north woods. Mattresses were old and need to be changed....entire character of the hotel needs updating. Pool and hot-tub, sauna area very inconvenient. Staff was very nice and accomodating actually do some laundry for us....kids enjoyed the stay just not what we were expecting.

Room Tip: Bulloch was very close for restaurants....breakfast at Loch Lomond was very good and staff very helpful. Luss is a very small but cozy town. All rooms have saunas and decks to outside w/view of lake. All very nice but not the most private.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor and i have passed your positive comments on to my team. We are extremely careful with regard to our ongoing refurbishment programme as the current unique style of the Lodge has a very high volume of returning guests who simply love everything about the Lodge.I hope that this would not deter you from using us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I am a frequent guest of The Lodge on Loch Lomond.(TLOLL) My recent visit however was with a friend. I have been 'boasting' at how I am always made to feel 'welcomed' when I stay at TLOLL and my friend wanted to see this for herself! She and I were not disappointed - it was a great stay. As always, TLOLL is well maintained and always clean and tidy and the rooms are very welcoming. I always stay in a Corbett room. This has its own balcony and an added bonus of its own sauna! The rooms are well furnished and comfortable. The food in the 2 rosette Colqhoun restaurant never fails to impress and is more than ample to satisfy even the hungriest of guest.
After our recent stay, I think my friend would return with her partner for her own stay....I of course will be back in the near future with my partner....just cannae wait!!!!!

Room Tip: Corbett rooms are brilliant. If you like walking, this is a good hotel to stay in also.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

What a fabulous review and I am so pleased to read that you both had a great time with us and that the Lodge continues to meet with your expectations time and time again.I have passed your comments on to my team and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The views of Loch Lomond were lovely. This place didn't really work for us, having been "upgraded" to a room with a shower next to the bed. Being father and daughter, we didn't want to be that close! We were a bit miffed with the gimmicky buttons in the room too. On a 3-week cycling trip, this place actually ranked lowest for us because it was the most expensive and was the only buffet breakfast of our holiday. I managed to pick leathery bacon and a cold tomato! It has so much potential but has almost gone too far.

Room Tip: Some of the more expensive rooms have odd bathrooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time tp place your review on Trip Advisor,I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us on this occasion and for the problems you encountered at breakfast.Your feedback is most welcome.