“Fantastic location, very nice hotel”

Lodge on Loch Lomond
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Luss
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location, very nice hotel”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed over the back holiday weekend when we met up with friends. From check in to check out the whole experience was 1st rate.

The room was spacious with a fantastic view of the loch, we ate in the restaurant and the food was excellent, again with a fantastic view of the loch. The breakfast was again spot on and we sat on the outside decking enjoying the stunning views.

Only on problem for me, I couldn't get on with the pillows, other than that fantastic and we will be back.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
What a fantastic review and thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us over the bank holiday weekend and found everything to your satisfaction.Your comments have been passed on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge soon.
Nigel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Hebrew first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Got engaged to my girfriend whilst down. The staff were extremely helpful and arranged for a bottle of champagne and card to be smuggled into our room whilst we were out.

It is the second time we have stayed down there and on both occasions it has been a 5* experience.

Will definately visit again.

Room Tip: would definately reccomend room facing out onto the loch.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Congratulations on your recent engagement and wish you all the best for the future.Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor and your positive comments have been passed on to my team.
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We recently attended here for a wedding!!
AMAZING!!! One of the best wedding & venues I have ever been too!
The staff seemed very professional & everyone seemed to know what to do!
Food was very good too!! Plenty car parking & rooms were lovely with cracking views and some opening onto the private beach!!

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing!!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Pleased to read that you enjoyed the wedding at the Lodge and that everything was to your satisfaction.Your positive comments have been passed on to my team.Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor.
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My wife and I stayed for one night in Aug 2014. We booked one of the cheaper 'Graham' rooms, but we were very happy with it. The views from the room are spectacular as you are right on the lake, it's easy to lose track of time just looking out the window! Although there are a small handful of rooms not overlooking the lake so this isn't always a guarantee. The bed was comfortable and the room overall was spacious.

Location is ideal for walking on the lake shore and there are nearby piers if you want to take a boat trip around the lake.

There is a spa and swimming pool which is a nice added extra which we made use of. It was quite quiet when we were using these facilities which was good.

We booked in for a meal in the formal restaurant in the evening. The food isn't cheap but the quality is extremely high - we were both very impressed with just how nice our meals were.

Breakfast was nice, we both enjoyed the meal.

In summary, the cost of the rooms reflects the location and overall feel of the place and in my opinion was great value for money.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view over the lake.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jonathan P
I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable visit with us and found everything to your satisfaction.I have passed your comments on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Glasgow
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Nigel Bird the General Manager had just taken over when we stayed last year and his young enthusiastic team were full of expectancy to witness his declared plans for the future of The Lodge. We enjoyed our last stay so much that we hoped that we would be able to return again, this we have just done and it was even better.
It was refreshing to see the way that Mr. Bird had tuned his young enthusiastic harmonious homogenised team to attend our every need with smiling faces and eager actions.
I worried that the presence of a lively wedding party being catered for at the same time might have effected our food or the staff assigned to us. My worries were soon dispelled when a staff member sought us out and directed us to our pre booked table. Everything went like clock work, the menu catered for all our tastes and subsequent delivery of our excellent food was presented to us by professionally trained caring staff.
We had the same room overlooking a stunning view of the loch as we had last year and the room had been very tastefully upgraded.
I rated the Lodge Very Good this year against an overall Excellent last year because of the lack of clarity in my booking arrangements. I did not get the deal that I thought that I had made when I made the booking.
Would Mr. Bird please pass my.thanks to his team for their care and attention.

Room Tip: Make sure you have bunk beds for the children, a bit cramped with a sofa bed and put-u-up.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for such a comprehensive and positive review and I am so pleased that you have noticed the changes in my team and the hospitality and service standards that they offer all of our guests. There have been some major changes at the Lodge over the last 12 months which include the new jetty on our beach, the refurbishment of 20 of our guest rooms, both our event suites have had extensive refurbishment.The team and our regular guests have all commented on the work that has been done and how the overall ambience at the Lodge has changed providing a real holiday resort feel. I have passed your encouraging comments on to my team and we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights recently and need to provide a balanced review:
Positives:
- location, view, staff friendliness.
Each of these is amazing, especially the view in the morning as the sun rises up over the loch. Great base for luss, boat trips and even a drive further north to Ben Nevis of the whisky your of glengoyne.
Negatives:
- food and breakfast (far outweigh positives)
Note selection at dinner is ok and could have more options from the "bar menu". Dinner food (burger and steak pie) was just ok - I didn't do the restaurant. Go to the village rest in luss for more selection, better service and a more relaxed atmosphere and good food. Breakfast (hot food) was not great, sausages lacked flavour and the eggs were shocking (bacon was inconsistently cooked), coffee was ok. Note it you turn up before 8am there is no buffet.
However, my biggest gripe was when we arrived before 8am and asked for bacon and scrambled eggs for my son (8). He was then presented with what can only be described as the hottest plate in history - the waitress described it as warm but I nearly burnt my hand off as my son announced he would get some fruit as the plate was too hot!!!! Be warned.
Aside from the the view does make things amazing but bring sunglasses in the morning as the dining room gets bright.

Not sure will return in a hurry given the cost for this location and the plethora of other bed and breakfasts and hotels around.

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank David M
Thank you for placing your review on Trip Advisor and for bringing both the positives and the nagatives to my attention.I would apologise for the temperature of the breakfast plate and will put measures in place to prevent this from happening in the future. I have passed your positive comments on to my team.
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Fantastic hotel, I was there with my children and the staff were welcoming and treated my children with the same respect as an adult, views are sensational, a beautiful village just along the bank as well
We took the opportunity to take a speedboat tour of the islands on the Loch, I would highly recommend it (available from Luss pier best to prebook)
Also went up to Ardlui to do wakeboarding which was great fun highly recommend it
It just seemed that everyone we met had a smile on their face and could not do enough for you
I will be coming back for sure

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
A Glowing Review. Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I am delighted to read that you had a great holiday with us,your comments have been passed on to my team and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Nigel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Knockderry House Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
The Inn on Loch Lomond

Been to Lodge on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!