“Our wedding”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Luss
Edinburgh
“Our wedding”
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I got married here last week, from start to finish the day was superb. It was the best day of our lives! If anything went wrong behind the scenes we certainly didn't know a thing about it. The staff were amazing and a credit to the venue! We would recommend the lodge on the loch for your big day! It was that good my wife wants to do it all over again!

Thank you Jen & sandy for making our day possible, you have given us one of the most beautiful memories we will have for the rest of our lives.

Mr and mrs Hamilton

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Craig H
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Congratulations on your recent marriage and I am delighted that you enjoyed your wedding reception at the Lodge,I have passed on with gratitude your comments to my team with a special thanks to Sandy and Jen who thoroughly enjoyed looking after you on the day. I would like to wish you a very happy future together.
Nigel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Hebrew first
Sale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Our family have enjoyed the excellence of the Lodge on Loch Lomond since 2006 and the staff have given us wonderful service on every occasion. Our stay at the hotel is the highlight of our Highland holiday. The accommodation, food and service are all first rate and the location is definitely "heaven on earth". Luxury in a unique, relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 200MADGE
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor and I was delighted to read from your comments that you continue to enjoy all the Lodge has to offer.I have passed your comments on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back next summer if not sooner.
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2014

My daughter and fiancé booked their wedding venue here around two years ago and approximately 1 year ago my wife and I attended along with them to conduct some business. At that time we spoke with Mr Bird, the general manager, and were struck by his friendly, relaxed and professional manner, he informed us "That we had nothing to worry about". I am pleased to report that Nigel is indeed true to his word, the function flowed effortlessly.

A special mention of credit for this must be directed to David and the function team under his direction. They were attentive, when anything was required they provided it and gave the guests attending a first class service.

The Corbett room used, by my wife and I, for accommodation overnight, was spotlessly clean, fully function-able and had the most amazing views out over the Loch.

Taking everything into consideration, the Lodge, it's staff and it's setting, it would be hard to beat and I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Any of the first floor Corbett rooms would offer an amazing view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank George L
Thank you for such a glowing review and I am delighted that the Lodge played its part in your daughters special day,I have passed your comments on to David and his team who thoroughly enjoyed looking after your event on the day.Hope to see you again soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I have just returned from my 4th stay this year at the Lodge. I had a 2 night stay and once again, everything was 1st class. It was my partners birthday while we were there and we were met shortly after arrival with a complimentary class of Prosseco and a birthday card from all the staff, which was a lovely touch. We stayed in a Delux Corbett room which has excellent views over the Loch. The food, facilities and room were all first class and the staff all very attentive. The views over the Loch are to die for. Would def recommend and will most definitely be back again soon.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
I was delighted to read that as a regular guest at the Lodge that you continue to enjoy our facilities and services.Your comments are both positive and encouraging and have been passed on with gratitude to my team.Will we see you a 5th time this year??
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

As far as wedding venues goes this is a lovely place and nice location on the loch. The meal was nice but the main issue that we had was the bar service. On 4 occasions at the bar I was left standing for up to 15 minutes (not good when you have a large drinks order to remember), on the first occasion there were 4 bar staff in the actual bar and it took a 5th person who was waiting tables to ask me what I wanted - when I asked my drinks order he then spoke to someone behind the bar who then asked me again what I wanted resulting in me repeating myself (this was terrible service). Needless to say it didn't get any better throughout the night. On the final time I went to the main bar the barman actually served 4 people over me who just arrived until I got annoyed and said 'excuse me, how many more people are you going to serve who just arrive?' - The barman did apologise but by that point (and due to various times throughout the day and night) it was too late and I was quite annoyed by the incompetence of the staff.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Vixen13
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor,I was pleased to read from your comments that you enjoyed the wedding reception.I would thank you for bringing to my attention the problems you encountered with the service in our bar and would most sincerely apologise for this.
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed over the back holiday weekend when we met up with friends. From check in to check out the whole experience was 1st rate.

The room was spacious with a fantastic view of the loch, we ate in the restaurant and the food was excellent, again with a fantastic view of the loch. The breakfast was again spot on and we sat on the outside decking enjoying the stunning views.

Only on problem for me, I couldn't get on with the pillows, other than that fantastic and we will be back.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
What a fantastic review and thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us over the bank holiday weekend and found everything to your satisfaction.Your comments have been passed on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge soon.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Got engaged to my girfriend whilst down. The staff were extremely helpful and arranged for a bottle of champagne and card to be smuggled into our room whilst we were out.

It is the second time we have stayed down there and on both occasions it has been a 5* experience.

Will definately visit again.

Room Tip: would definately reccomend room facing out onto the loch.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Congratulations on your recent engagement and wish you all the best for the future.Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor and your positive comments have been passed on to my team.
Nigel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Knockderry House Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
The Inn on Loch Lomond

Been to Lodge on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!