“A very peaceful and relaxing break”

Lodge on Loch Lomond
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Luss
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A very peaceful and relaxing break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2009

I surprised my fiance with a trip to the wonderful Lodge on Loch Lomond for his birthday in February. I paid for dinner, bed and breakast in the Corbett Double room.

We arrived early and were allowed to check in early and the manager agreed to let us check out a little later as it was a birthday treat. The check in was quick and we were very happy when we reached our room. A flat screen TV, leather couch, windows facing out onto Loch Lomond and a very comfortable bed. The sauna - oh what a treat to be able to use this in our room. The bath was massive and the shower very powerful.

The dinner for both of us was very good, 3 courses of heaven. My fiance is quite a fussy eater but enjoyed the meal also. The breafast was brilliant too - we ate until we could eat no more!

The village of Luss is very small but lovely - its nice to see the shops and houses which were used in the Scottis TV show Take the High Road which is no longer made.

We loved our stay and would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 123wanderlust123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
  • Hebrew first
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2009

I have just organised an away day for around 80 people at Lodge on Loch Lomond. We had a great time. Lodge on Loch Lomond is a great venue the conference room, bedrooms and dinning area are all excellent and have marvellous views of Loch Lomond.

The events office team made it so easy for me to organise a super event. From initial contact Alison Bell and Sarah Patrick handled all my requirements. In particular they sorted out with ease and efficiency my 50 room bookings coming up with creative ideas to ensure all my guests were accommodated in fabulous rooms. My guests particularly loved the beach house with the four poster bedroom a real treat.

The food was super the chefs certainly work hard to give a top class spread their
food presentation is creative and attractive. We held a barbecue on the hotels private beach. The barbecue food was abundant they certainly don’t skimp on the portion size.
I had 13 vegetarians in my party who really enjoyed the food served at Lodge on Loch Lomond.

Nothing is too much bother for the staff at Lodge on Loch Lomond my guests were looked after in style throughout our away day. I had dedicated staff (Steve) to make sure we had everything we needed. He looked after us fabulously well.

Thanks Lodge on Loch Lomond for all your help with my event you made it so
easy for me.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank MACKGlasgow
Shropshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2009

The Lodge on Loch Lomond is an ideal place for an overnight or a longer stay. The facilities are very good with your very own sauna in your room. The room is a very good size with a comfortable sofa and an outside veranda which overlooks the Loch and of course the gorgeous scenery, even in the rain. Every seat in the dining room has a view of the loch and the spacing is generous. The food is fresh, mainly local produce and very well cooked. Very friendly and helpful staff. Each time we have stayed has been a real pleasure and a grat start to our holiday in Scotland.

1 Thank JeanShropshire
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2009

Just back from another stay at the Lodge on Loch Lomond. Cannot recommend this hotel enough. The rooms are big, modern, clean and the views are first class. The hotel has excellent facilities to use including indoor pool, sauna and steam room and the staff are very friendly. Food is a bit expensive but very nice. I will definitely return here again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank de18oy
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2009

My wife and I made a return visit to the Lodge on the Loch after our daughters wedding there last December. To be remembered as previous guests was lovely and from arriving to leaving two days later, the staff were just wonderful. The wedding at Luss church was beautiful, and the hotel made the reception a night to remember. So much so that many of our friends who had travelled up from England vowed to return. One reason for our return visit was to celebrate our own wedding anniversary, and we were not disappointed as the hospitaly was just as we remembered. So thank you all at the Lodge, and we will return. Great breakfast and lovely dinner.

1 Thank macandhil
Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2009

Just back from a trip of 3 nights at Lodge on Loch Lomond, cut short by one-day due to poor allocation of our room by the hotel.

The hotel itself is beautiful, the rooms are a good size, spotlessly clean, and all staff are accommodating and helpful at all times. Our balcony looked right out onto the Loch itself, which was a beautiful view to wake up to each morning.

We ate both evenings of our stay at the hotel restaurant - food and service were great, but the menu was a bit limiting unless you like seafood, which I don't. Ended up eating steak 2 nights in a row - cooked perfectly, but wouldn't have been my ideal choice. More choice on the menu definitely needed. Breakfasts were excellent, and waiting staff were attentive and very helpful.

This break was a treat for me from my husband, and one we had been looking forward to for several weeks. We stayed in a Munro Room, located in the hotel complex that houses the spa, pool area and conference suite. This was booked on-line, to ensure we received the discounted on-line rate. The website for the hotel advises that this complex is normally used on Friday and Saturday evenings for weddings and functions - we were staying from Tuesday to Thursday evenings, so had not expected this to be an issue.

Having enjoyed the first two evenings of our stay at the hotel, we were looking forward to making use of the hotel pool, using the Haven Spa and Beauty centre, and relaxing, before heading home on the Friday morning. However, as we were getting ready to go to the hotel pool, on the Thursday morning of our stay, my husband looked out of our window to see a wedding cake in the window of the conference centre (we were straight through the wall from the main function suite in room 63) and a moment later the reception called to advise there would be a wedding next door to us, which would be noisy until 1am, we were asked if we had been made aware of this! We hadn't. As we came to Loch Lomond for peace and relaxation, this really was a big blow to us.

We were offered the use of another room in the same building, which we chose to decline, as it would have meant spending the last day of our holiday packing and then unpacking, and we would still have been disturbed by the wedding. After requesting a late check-out and refund, the reception agreed.

When I asked why we were allocated a room, next door to a wedding, when we were not part of the wedding party, I was advised our room allocation had "slipped through the net" because we booked on line! Whoever is responsible for room bookings should be taken to task - weddings are booked months in advance, and our booking was made weeks in advance - an administration error basically cut our holiday short , and resulted in our not being able to take full advantage of the hotel facilities, which were included in our room price!

This hotel is beautiful, and we have been told we will be given a "preferential rate" if we chose to book with them again - but given that we left from our break feeling let down, and un-relaxed, I doubt it will be an offer we will take up.

If you book with this hotel online - and you book a Munro room - phone to check there isn't a wedding on during your stay - I wish we had!

This hotel would have been given an "excellent" by me, but I just cannot bring myself to rate it any higher than average due to the way our holiday was cut short.

I would recommend to a friend - but only if that friend calls up to make sure the room they have been allocated is a sensible choice!

ABERDEEN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2009

Have just returned from a wedding at Lodge on Loch Lomond.....what can I say "Fantastic" The wedding was lovely, the rooms were great (loved the sauna in my room), the views were breath taking from my balcony and the food was devine. I loved
everything about it. Even the rain could not put a damper on things. I can't wait to
go back.

• Stayed May 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Knockderry House Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
The Inn on Loch Lomond

Been to Lodge on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!