“The Best of the Best in Scotland”

Lodge on Loch Lomond
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Luss
Reviewed 21 September 2009

I took my fiancee to Lodge on Loch Lomond for her birthday weekend. This was our second visit to the Lodge and I have to say this place just gets better and better. We were warmly greeted on arrival, check-in was fast and easy and we were offered help with our bags. Our room (room 9) was extremely comfortable, ultra clean and tidy, and the view was jaw-dropping. We were right on the shore, looking right out over Loch Lomond. We both fell in love with the hotel/location just that bit more than last time. Beautiful.
Colquhoun's restaurant is superb and the staff can't do enough for you. Both nights dinner was to die for. I don't understand reviews on here who don't gush about the food. It's incredible. Absolutely 5-star all the way. Special mention to one of the guys in the restaurant (didn't catch your name, bud.. you took our picture at dinner and I was babbling drunkenly to you about our wedding plans..) You made us feel at home and nothing was too much trouble for you. Thank you for everything, man.
The leisure facilities are also fab. We had the pool and jacuzzi pretty much to ourselves the whole weekend, not to mention the steam room (brill!) and The Haven health spa is another experience entirely. I had the best massage of my life on the Saturday. I actually used the word 'phenomenal' and it was!
I really hate having to check out of the Lodge, but all good things must come to an end. I had paid in advance when I booked on their website, so my final bill was only around £30 (couple of drinks, lunch, etc..)
Thank you again for your fine hospitality, Lodge on Loch Lomond. You go from strength to strength and I can't wait for my next visit.

Reviewed 16 September 2009

Great place to chill out. Great food. Staff are friendly and helpfull. Lovely views onto the loch and you can take a stroll into Luss if it takes your fancy. Good spa facilities and large enough rooms to make you feel comfortable.

The highlight of the stay was Haven, the onsite beauty and spa treatment rooms. The staff are friendly and professional. My wife had a massage and I went for the hot towel shave. Not something I usually do but will do again as it was the perfect way to end our stay leaving us relaxed and pampered, superb!

Reviewed 16 September 2009

Just a quick note to say thank you for the best two days (Aug 12 & 13) of our entire two week holiday in Scotland. The accommodations, the staff and the proximity to the village of Luss was a wonderful surprise. The highlight of our stay was the food. Who would have thought that we would have the good fortune of being fed by a five star chef on the shores of Loch Lomond? We have traveled extensively throughout Europe and the UK and I can truly say that the meals we were served were the best that we have had anywhere in our travels. We will be returning to Scotland in 2011 and we very much look forward to spending some time with you again. Thank you. Best, Frank and Lesley Van Veen and Jack and Linda Conway.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2009

We were staying here for a wedding along with another 30 or so guests. The venue is lovely and the rooms excellent, situated in the annex building where the wedding was held. Our room was open plan with an en-suite sauna (which we didn't get a chance to use) but looked superb. The staff were incredibly helpful and very professional - our waitress during the meal was excellent. Drink wasn't particularly cheap but it rarely is at a larger hotel, never mind when combined with a wedding. Breakfast was superb being a large Scottish fried buffet with fruit juice, cereal, fresh fruit, yoghurt & pastries, although specific items could be ordered from the menu. Overall it was an excellent experience, with very helpful staff that knew what they were doing regarding the wedding.

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed 9 September 2009

The Lodge on Loch Lomond is a really good 4-star hotel. It's comfortable, but not luxurious: you wouldn't expect luxury at the price! The bedrooms are a good size, with plenty of space to sit, high speed broadband access (free) and terrific views of Loch Lomond. A wonderful setting. Each bedroom even has its own sauna cabin, which is nice experience at the end of a day's hiking. The housekeeping is good.
The breakfasts are fine, but (inevitably) buffet style, although you can order such things as porridge, kippers, etc.
Dinner in Colquhouns Restaurant was very good indeed, by any standards. Not top-class gourmet fine dining, but very good, and excellent for the price.
The service was friendly and efficient in the restaurant and in the other parts of the hotel
All in all, a very good place to stay for a few days.

Reviewed 3 September 2009

I stayed at the Lodge at the end of August for my sister's wedding and my partner and I were very impressed with both the hotel's facilities and the staff. Unfortunately the weather wasn't great but that's not exactly the hotel's fault!

Would recommend highly.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed 2 September 2009

5 Star...Fab! Just back from our two night stay for my partners birthday! From the minute we arrived we felt very important..even offering to bring in our luggage for us! Lovely, spacious room.. nice decor..comfy bed...Sauna in our room was great!! Breathtaking views from our balcony of Loch Lomond. Staff are lovely, especially reception! Cosy resturant with fantastic, mouth watering meals. Buffet breakfast is fab too! Little Village Luss is a beautiful place. Leisure facilities very relaxing! Would defo recommend to anyone! :-) Pet friendly, we will defo return n take the pooch next time! Ideal place for a wedding too! ...Go, Go, Go!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank juls206
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
Arrochar Hotel
Arrochar Hotel
#4 of 6 in Arrochar

Been to Lodge on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!