The Lodge is in a perfect location, on the banks of Loch Lomond with great views. We stayed in a Munro room, which is one of the newer rooms in the Spa building.
The room was great - very spacious, nice views of the Loch, a balcony, nice deep bath, bathrobes, comfy bed and a sitting area. The bath and shower being in the room, was a bit strange, but it was fine.
We also enjoyed the spa while we were here, which has a good sized pool and a jacuzzi + a sauna, steam room and laconium. We were the only people in there early on the Friday evening which was nice.
Unfortunately our stay was spoiled by our restaurant dinner. Although the restaurant itself was lovely and most of the food we had was enjoyable, the service was absolutely awful.
The main problem was at the end of the meal when we were given the bill for the table behind us (who had already left). We told the waiter that we had the wrong bill and waited around 15 minutes for them to sort it out. Unfortunately, rather than coming back with the correct bill, they came back with the same bill, with certain parts scored out and a new total at the end (which was still wrong). We told them about this, waited another 5 minutes until a lady came back and tried to tell us that this was the correct total and explained it to us a few times in a very patronizing manner. She then added it up with a calculator and realised that it actually was wrong, then went away again while we waited for the correct total.
In the end we did get the correct bill but instead of a sincere apology the staff seemed to just blame each other instead. In addition to this:
- we were brought the wrong drinks before the meal - a vodka instead of a gin, both of which appeared on our bill.
- We were given two wine menus and a dinner menu instead of 2 dinner menus and a wine menu,
- we had to order water 3 times before we received it
- I was given blue cheese on my cheese plate after specifically saying that I didn't want it.
- My husband ordered a dessert that was called something like "chocolate praline ravioli" which turned out to be 3 slices of banana covered in chocolate and nuts with a single peice of the ravioli on top. Banana wasn't mentioned anywhere on the menu, but 90% of the dish was banana. The waiter didn't seem to be too concerned or offer an alternative when he left all of it because of the banana.
Most of these are very minor and if they happened on their own I couldn't care less, but when they happen all at once, it kind of spoils a meal. It was very annoying that the waiting staff were always asking if everything was ok, but when something wasn't ok they just didn't know how to handle it. I felt we should have at least been offered a free drink or not charged a supplement for our cheese, for all these problems, but nothing was offered.
So overall, lovely hotel and rooms but completely unorganised and inadequate dinner service. Perhaps we were just very unlucky, but we are put off coming back here again because of this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Lodge on Loch Lomond Hotel stands on a quiet sandy cove amid some of Scotland's most stunning scenery. With panoramic views of the Loch and mountains it offers a warm, relaxing atmosphere, delicious modern cuisine from the award winning 2 AA rosette restaurant Colquhoun's, stunning accommodation, including rooms with en-suite saunas and loch view private balconies, and a luxury health suite with sauna, steam room jacuzzi and swimming pool. Perfectly located to explore Scotland, from cities to Highlands ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lodge on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge On Loch Lomond Hotel Luss
- Hotel On Loch Lomond
- On Loch Lomond Luss
- Loch Lomond Lodge
- Lodge On Loch Lomond Luss, Scotland