“Love it, Love it, Love it!!”

Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Luss
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We celebrated my 50th at The Loch Lomond Arms Restaurant. A party of 17 we had the most wonderful food, served quickly and with humour from the LLA team. As a Helensburgh proprietor of No.20 B & B we regularly send our guests here and I will definitely continue to do so. The LLAH has it down to a T , beautifully decorated, great staff and management, FAB food and you can take a wee walk around the beautiful village of Luss to work of some of the calories put on over dinner. Thank you to the whole LLSH team for making my 50th such a wonderful experience! We will be back.......Catriona @ No.20

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CatrionaK64
There are newer reviews for Loch Lomond Arms Hotel

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We were staying up the road at the very splendid Lodge on Loch Lomand and for our second night came here for a meal and a drink and just a drink on our third night. The meal was very good and the building , bar and staff well presented and just the sort of people you want to have working with the public. The Dark beer was brilliant .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here with a friend for a couple of nights My friend has sensitive hearing and difficulty sleeping and we requested on arrival that our room be a quite one Although our room had originally been allocated This was immediately changed with no problem by the pleasant receptionist and we were given a very nice room in the hotel annexe. Room very comfortable and veryclean. We ate in the hotel both nights and the food was first class and all staff could not be more pleasant and helpful Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Popped in here for a drink on a coach stop
Was great atmosphere
Reasonably priced
Could have stayed for longer but our time ran out as it was just a 45 minute stop
Overall great place
Clean and polite staff eager to please

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Loch Lomond Arms Hotel, Luss.

I stayed here for one night in February 2014 with a couple of colleagues on a business visit to nearby Dumbarton. In essence, everything about the hotel was first rate. The decor, the rooms the bed, the furniture were all spotlessly clean, well maintained and comfortable. The walk-in drench shower was a real treat too.

We didn’t have our evening meal here, so can’t comment. However breakfast the next day was absolutely first rate, with full, generous portions perfectly prepared.

The restaurant, bar area has a lovely homely ambience, and I imagine it’s a fab place to send a romantic weekend or just catching up with old friends.

It’s not difficult to see why the Loch Lomond Arms Hotel books up months in advance for the Summer season. Unreservedly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

A listed building that has been upgraded to the highest standard using the best of materials. Our room was delightful and even had a view of the loch. Staff are attentive and helpful without being obtrusive. The food is excellent. Oysters, pan roasted breast of wood pigeon and a wide variety of cheese made a delicious evening meal. Also,do try the catch of the day,you will not be disappointed.
We will certainly return.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Spent Easter Sunday in the hotel on an overnight break. The hotel looks great from the outside, and Luss is a lovely, quaint wee village - but I don't think I'll be back to the hotel.

Pros
Beautiful location
Clean and well presented throughout (bar/restaurant, communal areas)
Rooms are tastefully decorated and spacious (we were in a standard double but it was good size)

Cons
Check in: guy who showed us to our room was pleasant enough, and checked us in fine. However when he showed us to our room he said something along the lines of "this is no Lodge on the Loch"...which I thought was a bit strange

Dinner: restaurant staff were polite enough, but almost robotic and didn't seem to care about the service they were giving as long as they continued to say please and thank you.

Dinner: The starter, main and dessert I wanted were out of stock, as were two different types of Sauvignon Blanc (ended up drinking vodka with dinner). The main my partner wanted was also out of stock. I appreciate this was a holiday weekend, but the menu isn't huge - they really should have stocked it better.

Dinner: There were dead bugs floating in my coffee (although they waiter did take this off my bill without issue)

Dinner: Restaurant was overcrowded with a small table beneath the fireplace just taking up unnecessary space. Had this been removed, there would have been far more room - and it would have avoided the staff and other diners' stomachs/rear ends dragging along out table when trying to squeeze past.

Room: Just bad luck I guess - but our room was really hot (it was a warm weekend) and there was no air conditioning or fans

Room: Pillows and bed were exceptionally soft, but again - this is just not my preference

Check Out: Both the receptionist serving me and a waitress from the breakfast room stood together talking about iPhones whilst I was in the middle of being served...not great service!

All in - the hotel itself is lovely, but in my opinion a tad pricey for what you get. The experience in the restaurant massively let us down though and the general service we received. We won't be back - and in future I'll pay a bit more to go to Cameron House or something!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FT87
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Knockderry House Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel

Been to Loch Lomond Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!