“An experience to match the local environment”
Review of Loch Lomond Arms

Loch Lomond Arms
Ranked #4 of 7 Restaurants in Luss
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Loch Lomond Arms Hotel is a traditional inn situated in the heart of one of Scotland's loveliest villages, Luss, just 24 miles from Glasgow within the Loch Lomond National Park. This beautiful Loch Lomond hotel remains true to its tradition as an 18th century village inn but with the comfort and facilities of a modern hotel. The hotel has 14 individually designed bedrooms, a bar and restaurant, as well as a weddings and events suite.
“An experience to match the local environment”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Luss is a lovely place at this time of year and the Loch Lomond Arms produced some pretty similar results to match the location. I would recommend you try the 'catch of the day', it did taste very fresh and light, with the batter not too hard and crusty like in some places. Very rustic surroundings to again reflect the area. Place fills up with punters very quickly so I would advice you arrive fairly sharp to grab a table.

1 Thank LanceJones1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Brisbane
“Great place for breakfast”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Try the eggs benny. Easy parking. Free wifi. Chatty staff. Lovely area for photos. Wooden floor in dining area such a natural thing.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank RufusBrisbane
Cupar, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and lovely surroundings”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

After picking up my sons Finnish girlfriend in Glasgow drove out to Luss and a little sail on Loch Lomond we arrived here for early evening dinner, it was a lovely surprise, I had the salad with hot smoked salmon, mussels and Prawns, Anna had the soup, both absolutely gorgeous, however as Anna is wheat intolerant and we had already spoken to the waiter about this and they had spoken to the chef I was a bit surprised to see a slice of bread on the side .....anyway we then had the chicken and the trout, I can honestly say my meal was on a par with some of the best meals I have had in the past and we will be back.

2 Thank fifitrixibelle19
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Delightful hotel and village”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stumbled across this whilst on a driving tour of Argyle and Loch Lomond and very thankful we did as well. Delightful setting both the hotel and village (walk through after or before eating) plus the food was superb. Very well presented and of high quality, staff were also very attentive. I recommend the Barra crab Scotch Egg starters, an interesting and tasty twist on this Caledonian classic. Mains has to be the Haggis which came with an indulgently rich gravy - wonderful! Dessert-wise I had and recommend the panna cotta. All in all, a detour well worth making.

1 Thank Fauconberg
Cork, Ireland
“Top class cuisine at Luss”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My boyfriend & I wandered into the restaurant & bar without a booking just before 8pm. I would recommend booking as this was the end of May & can I can imagine mid summer could be a lot busier. We were lucky enough to get a table and so began an evening of top class cuisine. To start we had lobster filled ravioli & shellfish bisque and the crab filled scotch egg. For main we had the blacky sausages & mash and catch of the day & chips. We topped this off with butterscotch tart & orange sorbet to share for dessert with our separate dessert stomachs as we were already stuffed! The service was good, staff friendly, food delicious to rival any top restaurant all in a fabulous setting.

Visited May 2014