“Room rate” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 8 Luss B&B and Inns
Stockport
“Room rate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I am booked in for October, this will be our second visit to the hotel after we loved it so much last year.
I booked in advance and asked for the best rate and was given a room only rate and told there was no B&B rate. I also had to pay the fully amount there and then! This week I discover that there is in fact a new cheaper B&B rate available the same night !! And in fact their is a DBB rate only £10pp more expensive. I called the hotel and was very surprised to find that they refused to help the rate! I don't expect them to give it me cheaper but as a return ing guest I thought maybe they `d throw in breakfast !!! But no ! They want me to pay the extra for breakfast which would work out around £5 less that the DBB rate, disappointed in the hotel! Would cancel but they have my money already and would keep 25% in a cancellation free !! Pity as its a fantastic hotel with fish and chips to return for .... Oh we are.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jaxpck10
Nigel B, General Manager at The Inn on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you for posting your comments on trip advisor, I would apologise for the confusion regarding the rate and would ask that you contact me at nigel.bird@loch-lomond.co.uk and I will be only too happy to rectify the situation.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Nigel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
East Kilbride
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Spent an overnight at this inn recently.Superb view of loch Lomond from our room.Room was clean and well appointed.The Staff were attentive and seemed to know their jobs. Dinner was satisfactory without being excellent.The cost of the meal was higher than I would have expected.The entertainer in the bar after dinner (Robert Carmichael) was outstanding.
All in all the location (apart from the view) is rather over priced for what it is in my opinion.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in April for a friends wedding and couldn't fault it. The rooms were reasonable although the 3 couples that stayed all paid different prices which was quite random but overall we all had a great time.

I then returned in September for some lunch with my sister and my 10 month old baby. The service by the young waitress was good but the rest of the staff on duty were not the friendliest bunch. There was a man doing work on his laptop and (as babies do a lot of the time) my daughter was crying. The man got up and left which wasn't the issue, the issue was the other staff member on her break who loudly commented 'can you not concentrate because of that noise', as we were the only customers in I assume that noise was my daughter? Well please let me apologise for giving you my custom on that day and in turn PAYING YOUR WAGES!!!!

I should have left there and then but made the mistake of ordering food which was awful - the Thai penne pasta with a coconut sauce was very misleading. Maybe you should call it penne with a mushroom sauce and peppers thrown in for good measure?

To be honest the food probably wouldn't have been as bad if the whole experience hadn't been ruined by that rude cleaner!!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Nigel B, General Manager at The Inn on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on trip advisor and I was most concerned to read your comments following your recent visit to the inn. I would like to apolgise for any embarrassment that was cused and can only assure you that it was not meant to cause offence.The inn is normally extremely family and children friendly and a large part of our custom is indeed family based. I have discussed all your comments with the team to ensure this never happens again. Once again thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.
Buxton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

We spent 3 nights here and found all the staff (reception, restaurant, bar and housekeepers) very, very welcoming, friendly and helpful. We were travelling with our dog and even he was well looked after (and fussed over). The location is great with the shores of the loch literally a minutes walk away and our room had a decent view of both the loch and Ben Lomond. Even though our dog is rather boisterous they still managed to find us a table in the bar where we could eat without disturbing other guests. The food was excellent as well, real 'chippy' chips and all well prepared with generous portions. Would definately stay there again if travelling that way.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for such a fabulous review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.I have passed your comments on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Very welcoming staff, picturesque location good restaurant a thoroughly pleasant stay and not in any way expensive for the service food and room quality. WI FI service non existent so don't think you can do any on line work on an evening !

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Nigel B, General Manager at The Inn on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us.I have passed your comments on to my team.
Airdrie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed for 1 night in the beach house all I can say is this place was amazing, Great views peace and tranquillity, Had a meal in the main hotel which was great, sandy the waiter barman manager was also a very nice person, pluses sky hd in the room, wine glasses, great shower and bath with beautiful shower gels, views to die for, very comfy bed, plenty of space, Minuses only booked for 1 night
will definitely be going back loved every minute

Room Tip: Room 303 amazing
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow!! what a fabulous review and thank you for taking the time to place your comments on trip advisor. With a new management team firmly in place now it is encouraging that our standards of service and hospitality are back where they should be.A great new autumn menu starts this monday and is a guaranteed winner. I look forward to welcoming you back to the inn.
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

My family and I (two kids...10 mon and 2.5 yrs old) stayed here for one night in Aug 2013. The Inn was very easy to find. Right off the main road. The inn is situated right across from loch Lomond. Very beautiful area. The room was nice and they had put a cot in the room at no extra charge (for our 2.5 yr old). The bed was very comfy and quite large for an inn room. The restaurant at the inn was cozy and served a decent menu. They had a good childrens menu and good food and drinks for the adult. Service was good and staff were friendly. Would def stay here again if we are in the area! Only suggestion would be to put a hair dryer in the room as well.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Nigel B, General Manager at The Inn on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
I am delighted to read from your review that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found everything to your satisfaction.I have passed your comments on to my team.
Nigel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Arrochar Hotel
Arrochar Hotel
#4 of 6 in Arrochar
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,072 reviews

Been to The Inn on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!