“Brilliant room, food was amazing and the staff are exceptional”

The Inn on Loch Lomond
Ranked #5 of 7 Luss B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My fiancé, her mother and father stayed at the Inn at Inverbeg for a week at the end of October/start of November.

We all enjoyed our stay. We mostly enjoyed the area where the hotel is set. There is so much to do, even in the late months of the year.

The rooms were both large rooms with en-suite facilities. Wet room for the bathroom. The bedroom had a super kingsize bed. Lovely Glencraft executive mattress (I'm buying one for my home now!)

The breakfast was very nice which was cooked buy a chef. Large selection cooked or continental breakfast.

The lunch or evening meals are to die for! A nice large sheet displays the menu . I tied nearly all of the main courses and I personally recommend any of the meals. The starters and mains are delicious. The deserts are extremely nice.

I would recommend this lovely hotel/restaurant to anyone

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank caithnessmwm
Nigel B, General Manager at The Inn on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Wow, what a fantastic review and thank you so much for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor. It is great to receive feedback on how we are achieving in terms of Guest expectation. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn.
Kind regards
Nigel

Reviewed 22 October 2013

My partner and I stayed here recently on an overnight stay. We arrived at the hotel around 5pm and we were warmly welcomed. On going to the room was dissapointed to have no view. We looked onto a roof. The room was small, and so was the bed. The worst part is the squeaky floor boards drove us mad the whole time! The bathroom was huge tho and clean. There was a flat screen but no tv signal whats the point in that? We went down to the bar for some drinks. It was as you expect to be overlly priced. However the staff were so kind and helpfull. We did have to get the attention of the staff alot for to order food/drink. I orderd the balmoral chicken which stated in the menue to have a whiskey sauce. When i asked the waiter what it came with he said peppercorn sauce. Oviously staff unsure of the menue. We had what said on the menue to be satay chicken. When it arrived the chicken was plain it didnt have a satay sauce on it. the sauce that was provided was mayonaise with a sprinkling of seasoning in it. Satay chicken should be peanuts and slighlty spicey but there was nothing like this. When my main food arrived tho it was awefull. The chicken breast was tiny and had no haggis stuffing. The main point of balmoral chicken is the haggis. My potatoes and veg were swimming in a very watery sauce. However when i called the waiter over he offerd to get me something else i choose the fish and chips but again was dissapointed. It was greesey, the lemon wedge supplied was dried out. The tarte sauce was just mayonaise had no flavour. There was no peas or beans with the dish and there was not alot of fish it was all greasey batter. My partner had the ribbs and said they were ok, although he wasnt saying that after having an upset tummy for the rest of the night. We orderd a pudding later on as i hadnt touched my dinner. The sticky toffee pudding had no sauce it was dry becuse of this. we asked for a side portion of chocolate ice cream and either it came from a tub with othere flavourings or they had used the same scoop as it also had strawberry ice cream in it as well. After dinner we retreated up stairs and had an early night as there was no tv channels that we could watch. We were looking forward to breakfast as we had read good reviews about it. Again we were dissappointed. The buffey was laid out at the top of the room. Cuples were sitting right next to them and it was a struggle getting to the buffet having to keep going past them. There was no trays and therefore you had to go back and forth with bowls, ceril milk etc. My partner and i orderd the fry up which stated on it that it was haggis. When our food arrived tho again there was no haggis and instead a very burnt peice of black pudding. When i asked the waiter about the haggis he said there was none. Also there was mushrooms on both our plates which was not stated in the menue and which both me and my partner did not like. Overall i can not fault the staff, or the cleaness of the place. However the food really let this place down. Food not as described on menues, and lacking in presentation and flavouring.

2  Thank MissT17
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed overnight in September. Our 4th stay. I have always enjoyed staying in the Beach House with the stunning views of the loch & surrounding hills.
I am disappointed that the hotel now does a 'room only' rate instead of 'B&B' so I decided against paying the extra for brekkie & we went elsewhere for filled rolls & coffee.
We had a meal in the restaurant the evening before and in the past if has been great! Sadly this time it was disappointing. The service was very slow and when the food arrived it looked rather like a school dinner & not beautifully presented as it has been before.
I was looking forward to a Sirloin steak but this had been taken off the menu!
One good thing was the entertainment from 'On the Wagon'. Love listening to them & makes your stay worthwhile.
Hope the restaurant reverts to it's great reputation it had in the past and my husband and I will return for a 5th stay!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Inn for a one night stay as a Birthday surprise for my wife. The staff at the Inn made sure we were in a spacious modern room with a scenic view and organised a bottle of Prosseco as a surprise for us both. The staff in general are so polite, friendly and very helpful especially the team on Reception.

The food and service at night in the Restaurant was first class and our waiter was good humoured as he served. Food was faultless with my wife declaring that the fish and chips was the best she has had in any restuarant anywhere.

Great stay and recommended to all for a relaxing and scenic visit.

Room Tip: Modern rooms at front of Inn
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

we took our 5yr old grandaughter to the inn and it rained so much but the great room staff food and entertainment made up for it plus we got to use the swimming at sister hotel lodge on loch for free.
What a friendly relaxed place cant wait to go back.
Our wee grandaughter danced to the music for hours.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We made an overnight stay at The Inn at Inverbeg after 8 days of travelling around Scotland, We got a large room with views over the Loch, we had dinner in the restaurant very friendly staff and nice food. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Go for the First floor
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We made an overnight stop at the Ben Vane room of the beach house at The Inn at Inverberg It’s a large room with very nice views of the Loch and Ben Lomond.

Dinner was at Mr C’s at the main lodge. Starters were Cullen Skink and Cheese and Onion Tart, mains were Beef and Ale Pie and Sea Bass. We shared 2 scoops of iced cream for dessert.

IIRC we each had several different beers (but I might not be recalling correctly).

Except that we had to replace a burned out bulb with one from another fixture, we have no complaints about the room, the service, the food, the view or the price (89 GBP).

This is a pleasant place for a stopover.

Room Tip: The Ben Vane room at the Beach House is worth the 20 GBP extra.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
Knockderry House Hotel

Been to The Inn on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!