“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 8 Luss B&B and Inns
Bonnybridge, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed in room 1 in the new part of hotel on the 5pm deal. The room was large with large en suite you could control the heat in the room. Evening meal was really good very filling and surroundings were very nice. Breakfast was very tasty but could have been a tad warmer apart from that a great stay....... thanks ......

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed for one night on 5pm deal. Dinner and breakfast were great. Stayed in beach house but there was no view. Could have been anywhere. Room was fine but no mirror except small one in bathroom where floor was a bit cold. Would stay again but not at beach house.

Room Tip: Stay in hotel.
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for one night on a trip to Scotland. The staff were very helpful and busy! The room was very nice, we stopped in the beach house by the Loch. We ate in the restaurant in the evening, a good choice and nice food. The breakfast the next day was excellent. Definitely recommended if you're in the area.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Nigel B, General Manager at The Inn on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Inn. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the furure.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

My fiancé & I had another lovely visit to the Inn. Check in was friendly and I was offered help with my luggage (twice) which although I refused, was much appreciated. We had dinner in the bar in the evening and although both the bar & restaurant were packed, the standards didn't slip. The live music was fantastic and was perfect to complete the buzzing atmosphere. Our room was beautiful, it was in the Beach House right on the loch. The view in the morning was incredible despite the rain & the moody sky. Breakfast didn't disappoint and the staff were as welcoming as ever....even although we turned up late (sorry!).

Thanks to the whole team and we look forward to next time!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at The Inn on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
What a super review and thank you so much for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor. I have passed your comments on to my team who are delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience with us.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I hope the Inn takes my experience as constructive.Discounting the appalling rain and flooding the day we arrived for one night I felt that although the staff were very friendly and helpful there was something's that made our stay not quite what we had hoped. I would not fault the staff but perhaps the overall quality control system could do with more rigour?
Although driven indoors by torrential rain we had to wait in the bar until the appointed hour of entry at 1500 hours as the rooms seemingly were not ready when immediately there was rush for the keys from eager damp guests .Some flexibility would have been appreciated if there were contingency plans for these circumstances allowing guests into rooms as they became available.

The room was in the beachhouse and perhaps didn't really have the highland ambiance I had expected nor a view. The room had a very good hairdrier but no mirror in the bedroom.

I would have liked a room/hotel loose-leaf book to explain the not very obvious shower/bath controls to the over 60's and also the satellite TV. The bathroom extractor fan didn't work and the lamp shade on one of the bed lights fell off when moved. The heated towel rail in the bathroom did not work. The lighting seemed dim in the room. Wi-Fi is available free in the public areas of the hotel but not in the beachhouse.

The evening meal was well prepared and presented and the breakfast as expected though the full breakfast came with scrambled eggs and we would have preferred to have been given a choice. There were no pastries or fresh fruit obvious at the breakfast though I am certain they were on the menu.

Overall I felt that the 'Inn' was aspiring to be a truly four star establishment and was 'nearly there' but needed to be a bit more self-critical ; particularly in the aspect of maintaining details of quality at the end of season .

Room Tip: Check availability of Loch facing rooms.
3 Thank Bill B
Thank you for taking the time to review the Inn on Trip Advisor and for your constructive feedback. We have been through a period of significant change in terms of the team and the services we offer and we now feel that we are starting to get it right in terms of meeting our guest expectations. Your comments are invaluable in terms of our quest for excellence. I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Thurso, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

My fiancé, her mother and father stayed at the Inn at Inverbeg for a week at the end of October/start of November.

We all enjoyed our stay. We mostly enjoyed the area where the hotel is set. There is so much to do, even in the late months of the year.

The rooms were both large rooms with en-suite facilities. Wet room for the bathroom. The bedroom had a super kingsize bed. Lovely Glencraft executive mattress (I'm buying one for my home now!)

The breakfast was very nice which was cooked buy a chef. Large selection cooked or continental breakfast.

The lunch or evening meals are to die for! A nice large sheet displays the menu . I tied nearly all of the main courses and I personally recommend any of the meals. The starters and mains are delicious. The deserts are extremely nice.

I would recommend this lovely hotel/restaurant to anyone

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank caithnessmwm
Wow, what a fantastic review and thank you so much for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor. It is great to receive feedback on how we are achieving in terms of Guest expectation. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn.
Dumfries, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

My partner and I stayed here recently on an overnight stay. We arrived at the hotel around 5pm and we were warmly welcomed. On going to the room was dissapointed to have no view. We looked onto a roof. The room was small, and so was the bed. The worst part is the squeaky floor boards drove us mad the whole time! The bathroom was huge tho and clean. There was a flat screen but no tv signal whats the point in that? We went down to the bar for some drinks. It was as you expect to be overlly priced. However the staff were so kind and helpfull. We did have to get the attention of the staff alot for to order food/drink. I orderd the balmoral chicken which stated in the menue to have a whiskey sauce. When i asked the waiter what it came with he said peppercorn sauce. Oviously staff unsure of the menue. We had what said on the menue to be satay chicken. When it arrived the chicken was plain it didnt have a satay sauce on it. the sauce that was provided was mayonaise with a sprinkling of seasoning in it. Satay chicken should be peanuts and slighlty spicey but there was nothing like this. When my main food arrived tho it was awefull. The chicken breast was tiny and had no haggis stuffing. The main point of balmoral chicken is the haggis. My potatoes and veg were swimming in a very watery sauce. However when i called the waiter over he offerd to get me something else i choose the fish and chips but again was dissapointed. It was greesey, the lemon wedge supplied was dried out. The tarte sauce was just mayonaise had no flavour. There was no peas or beans with the dish and there was not alot of fish it was all greasey batter. My partner had the ribbs and said they were ok, although he wasnt saying that after having an upset tummy for the rest of the night. We orderd a pudding later on as i hadnt touched my dinner. The sticky toffee pudding had no sauce it was dry becuse of this. we asked for a side portion of chocolate ice cream and either it came from a tub with othere flavourings or they had used the same scoop as it also had strawberry ice cream in it as well. After dinner we retreated up stairs and had an early night as there was no tv channels that we could watch. We were looking forward to breakfast as we had read good reviews about it. Again we were dissappointed. The buffey was laid out at the top of the room. Cuples were sitting right next to them and it was a struggle getting to the buffet having to keep going past them. There was no trays and therefore you had to go back and forth with bowls, ceril milk etc. My partner and i orderd the fry up which stated on it that it was haggis. When our food arrived tho again there was no haggis and instead a very burnt peice of black pudding. When i asked the waiter about the haggis he said there was none. Also there was mushrooms on both our plates which was not stated in the menue and which both me and my partner did not like. Overall i can not fault the staff, or the cleaness of the place. However the food really let this place down. Food not as described on menues, and lacking in presentation and flavouring.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MissT17
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Arrochar Hotel
Arrochar Hotel
#4 of 6 in Arrochar
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,075 reviews

Been to The Inn on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!