“Fantastic place!”

Ranked #5 of 8 Luss B&B and Inns
Glasgow
“Fantastic place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We booked a £39 groupon deal here and what value. We would have been happy paying abour £89 for this as it was a gorgeous place. Ok from the outside it's tired but there's not much you can do with white paint and the Scottish weather! Inside is gorgeous, the reception area, bar and restaurant are very warm and welcoming. We stayed in room 101 and this was a gorgeous room. Looks as if they've recently been refurbished as it was decorated to a very high standard. Great power shower and lovely comfortable bed. Great service all round and the staff are lovely. We ate in the restaurant and had a few drinks in the bar and the breakfast in the morning was superb too. Will definetely be recommending this to friends and returning with or without a groupon deal.

Room Tip: We were lucky enough to have a room in the main building and we had a view of Loch Lomond.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sandra C, Sales Manager at The Inn on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thankyou for your recent review and delighted you had such a fantastic stay, we do appreciate your very positive feedback and shall share with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back and please do bring your friends.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Alloa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

From outside looks tired but once inside very nice. Bedroom nice and spacious nice decor plus great views would recommend room 204. Had great time food good staff all very helpful and friendly entertainment was an added bonus will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2014
Many thanks for your recent review and delighted you enjoyed your stay and will definately return. We shall share your feedback at our next meeting and hope that we see you back sometime soon.
Wick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed Saturday nite for our anniversary.was very impressed with the hotel and staff they were so friendly and helpful. The food in Mr c was excellent and the entertainment was great..we will definatley return its just like home from home.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thankyou for your recent review and delighted you found The Inn a home from home, excellent food friendly staff and great entertainment just what we want to achieve! We hope to see you back sometime soon.
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

We stayed here overnight, en route to Skye as part of a groupon deal. The Inn is situated on the opposite side of the road from Loch Lomond, which is barely visible from ground level. Restaurant/bar food was OK and staff friendly.

We were allocated a ground floor disabled room, which we hadn't requested, but suspected that these rooms are allocated to groupon guests. The room itself was a little 'tired' but was adequately comfortable, although there was no TV remote and no apparent 'on' switch for the TV. By far the best feature was the spacious wetroom which was most welcome after a day's drive in the damp. Breakfast was hearty and served with a smile, with sufficient options for vegetarians.

A good stopping-off-point for travellers to the Highlands and Islands.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for your recent review and as you say The Inn is a great stop off for guests heading North. We do have an allocation of disabled ground floor rooms which we need to use when occupancy is high so apologies if this didn't meet with expectations. We shall address the other points mentioned with the team. Hopefully we shall see you back at the hotel sometime in the future.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

I’ll be back!

I would highly recommend the Inn to anybody looking for a comfortable, friendly and relaxed hotel. The Inn is set in an idyllic location, just a short walk from the bonnie bonnie banks! The sun didn’t come out to play while I was there but the loch looked very impressive with the moody, dull sky as a backdrop. Despite the dreary Scottish weather, the staff at the Inn were full of pleasantries and good humour and were on hand to tend to my every whim. I arrived to a very warm welcome and the receptionist took the time to explain different walking options whilst checking me in – I was also offered help with my luggage which was a nice touch. The room was cosy and the bed was the most comfortable bed ever, I slept like a log! I ate in the bar in the evening and found the bar/waiting staff to be attentive and friendly, taking a genuine interest in how my day was. The food was great, big portions and no frills which was exactly what I wanted after a day of exploring. In the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger, I’ll be back!

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you so much for your very positive review and delighted you had such an enjoyable stay, we can't wait to welcome you back.
Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Our problems began before we had even arrived: we could not find the inn. We were coming from the north, in darkness, and on its web site it claims to be in Luss, which it is not, so we had to go to its sister hotel in Luss to be told to go back three miles. We the found that we had driven past it as it is called the Inverbeg Inn. There is a painted unlit sign on the side of the building when coming from the south, but nothing from the north. So half an hour after first driving past it we arrived to an an unmanned reception. Someone came pretty quickly and pointed us outside to a patio window which was the entrance to our room. So after we had got through the tangle of curtains behind the door we were in a basic but clean room.

The promised bath was non existent, and the disabled shower fell apart when I first used it.

We ate in the bar (fish and chips): it is standard pub food, but well done, good portion sizes and pretty cheap. Breakfast the next morning was a different matter: no choice of cooked food, just a generic "cooked breakfast" poorly cooked from the cheapest ingredients and served in an area so cramped that you could hardly move without bumping into other seated guests.

None of this was relayed to anyone in the inn as no-one at any point asked how anything was. I guess they were too wary to do that.

All in all one to avoid, unless you want a quick pub meal, which is good.

1 Thank AlantheTrekker
So sorry to hear of the disappointment with your stay, we shall discuss the points mentioned at our weekly Head of Department Meeting whereby we can put immediate steps in place to address the issues. We do prefer to deal with any problems that arise whilst guests are with us and apologise that this communication didn't happen. The positive points with regards to food we shall take encouragement from and can assure you we will make the necessary steps to improve on all of the other matters.
Blackburn
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I purchased a Groupon deal for a night’s stay at the Inn at Inverbeg for myself and my boyfriend as a Christmas present. We had problems booking a room initially as they had no available Friday nights free so we opted to pay the surcharge of £50 and stay on a Saturday night in March, (rather than miss the deal altogether).
On arrival the outside of the hotel looked rather tired and there was a window that showed their store of toilet rolls. We weren’t particularly bothered but we thought they could have maybe put a curtain up to hide it or something as it didn’t give the best first impression. When we entered the hotel however we were instantly impressed. There was a lovely warm fire to greet us, the décor was cosy and the lighting gave a nice ambience. We thought that the check in at 3pm was rather late but we had arrived on time. The friendly receptionist said that our room wasn’t ready but they hoped it would be free in 20 minutes time so we got a drink and waited in the restaurant. Once again we were really impressed with the décor. We sat in cosy leather seats surrounded by stone/wood/tartan furnishings and we started to relax. As promised 20 minutes later we were informed that our room was ready for checking in.
We had room 109 at the back of the hotel and it was small but warm, clean and well turned out. We didn’t have a view to speak of but we weren’t really bothered. The room itself was once again nicely furnished and the bed was comfortable but it was rather on the small side and there was not a lot of storage space or drawers. The bathroom was spotless but again there was no storage space or extra rails for the hand towel. There was a tub of hand wash on the sink and shampoo and body wash in the shower but otherwise there were no complimentary soap/shower cap etc… There was a decent supply of coffee and tea and there were a couple of packs of chocolate chip shortcake biscuits which I thought was a nice touch. There were only a few channels on the television (not a lot of choice) but we weren’t really wanting to stay in and watch television on our break so we weren’t too concerned. We didn’t have any hotel information in the room either which I thought was strange but there was a small amount of information on the card supplied with our key (such as breakfast times).
We decided to have dinner in Mr C’s restaurant and we had been looking forward to it ever since we had read the reviews from some previous guests. We’d saved ourselves all day for some filling and tasty food but we were sadly disappointed by what we received for the money we paid. I decided to have fishcakes with celeriac roulade and my boyfriend ‘upgraded’ to the giant cod and chips. My portion wasn’t very big and I instantly regretted not getting something else that looked more filling. My meal consisted of 2 fish cakes, a small side salad and the celeriac roulade (which looked just like a portion of coleslaw). On eating his giant cod my boyfriend was really let down as he said the cod was tasteless and overcooked, the batter was greasy and the chips were overdone. He’d thought that for £16.95 he was going to get something pretty special but he said the cheaper haddock and chips that he’d seen go by looked nicer. Because we hadn’t been impressed by the main we decided against dessert and instead went through into the bar area to await the live music they had on offer. We thoughrally enjoyed the live entertainment and it redeemed the evening somewhat. However I awoke in the early hours of the morning with stomach pains and spent the rest of the wee hours in and out of the bathroom. I can only surmise that the food I’d eaten didn’t agree with me.
Apart from waking every couple of hours or so to visit the bathroom I slept well. My boyfriend said it had been a little too warm in the room but otherwise the sleep was comfortable enough. I was a little trepid going down for breakfast but I felt I should try to put something back on my stomach so we went down. The continental selection was just enough with yogurts, cereals, toast, mini croissants, cheese, soft cheese, ham, preserves, honey and a variety of fruit on offer. There was coffee, a selection of teas and fruit juice that you could help yourself to and the waitresses took orders for cooked breakfasts. I ordered the cooked breakfast but it was a little ambitious and I couldn’t really eat it so I can’t really comment on the taste. The selection was nice however and if I’d have been feeling more robust I am sure it would have been delicious. It included Haggis, sausage (round not square), beans, mushrooms, potato scone and bacon.
So we left with mixed feelings really. The staff were lovely, helpful and friendly, (personally this is what I like most of all when I visit somewhere). The food wasn’t as nice as we’d hoped for the prices we paid and my poorly stomach wasn’t very happy either. It would have been nice as well to have some sort of vending machine or else the option to purchase drinks/crisps/chocolate bars for the room from reception as the hotel doesn’t really have any shop close by. The interior of the hotel is very stylish, cosy and welcoming and the attention to detail was perfect. It’s just a shame a couple of things let our stay down a little. We felt it wasn’t worth the surcharge of the £50 we paid for the room we got, but on reflexion I suppose it was luck of the draw that we missed out on a Friday/Sunday night reservation.

1 Thank pendlehill
Thank you for your very detailed review however please accept our sincere apologies for the shortcomings experienced during your stay. We shall discuss all of the points detailed at our weekly Head of Department Meeting to address the issues mentioned. Should you wish to discuss the matter further then please do get in touch with myself direct.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Knockderry House Hotel

Been to The Inn on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!