We have eaten here several times in the last two years while on the long drive from the east coast of Scotland to the west or vice-versa. My comments are about the restaurant only as we have not stayed overnight.
The menu is plain sensible fare, fish and chips, steak pie, macaroni cheese, haggis and the like. Each time we've been, it has been well cooked, nicely presented, and swiftly served. The atmosphere is good and one can eat while sitting in comfortable leather armchairs, provided one can reach one's plate while sunk into their depths.
The portions are large. The other night my wife was given not one but two large fish for her fish and chips. Well, the plural of fish is fish, I suppose, but she had to leave some of it.
This is a quick, comfortable, unpretentious, pleasant place to eat. The prices are too high by international standards but no worse than most places in the UK these days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary Inn offers beautiful, rustic accommodation, a new wave fish restaurant and stunning lounge. The eat-in/take-away restaurant uses only the best of local produce. An impressive bar stocks quality local real ales and over 200 malts selected from the top whiskey regions in Scotland. Set back on the main A82, three miles north of Luss, the Inn is a perfect place to stop for food, drink or a relaxing overnight stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Inn on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Inverbeg Hotel Luss
- Inverbeg Inn
- Inverbeg Hotel
- The Inn On Loch Lomond Luss, Scotland