I stayed here with my boyfriend last month and we paid for the top room upgrade to the beach house. We were on the second floor, with a four poster bed and directly on the shores of the Loch which was stunning. However, the curtain pole was hanging off the wall, the patio doors were dirty and looked like they had never been cleaned. The furniture was all marked also. The bathroom was lovely - roll top bathtub and huge space, no complaints about the bathroom at all. Another thing that wasn't great, was due to the location of the bed posts - you couldn't actually see the TV from lying in the bed - because the pillar of the bed was directly in the way!
The breakfast buffet of continental items was excellent - a great range of foods and drinks, although they place the juices right in the window, so they were very warm. The bed and breakfast rate included a full Scottish breakfast - but I asked for just sausage, egg and bacon - but this meant I got 1 sausage, 1 rasher of bacon and a small fried egg, I would have expected a bit more to compensate for the other items.
The setting of the hotel is amazing - but there's small details that are missed that make a huge difference to the standard of the hotel.
In terms of service, the staff were all lovely, but clearly very stretched! The receptionist was also working in the bar, so we were waiting ages at reception at one point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary Inn offers beautiful, rustic accommodation, a new wave fish restaurant and stunning lounge. The eat-in/take-away restaurant uses only the best of local produce. An impressive bar stocks quality local real ales and over 200 malts selected from the top whiskey regions in Scotland. Set back on the main A82, three miles north of Luss, the Inn is a perfect place to stop for food, drink or a relaxing overnight stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your The Inn on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Inverbeg Hotel Luss
- Inverbeg Inn
- Inverbeg Hotel
- The Inn On Loch Lomond Luss, Scotland