I recently stayed in one of the luxury lodges with some friends at Inverbeg as a friend was getting married nearby at the Loch Lomond Arms Hotel (approx 3 miles away). We were so pleased when we arrived as the lodge was simply lovely. It was immaculate inside and tastefully decorated and just enough room for four girls to get ready for a wedding. We had the most amazing view overlooking to the loch and mountain from our balcony/terrace which was perfect for sitting out for dinner and drinking some wine whilst catching up with friends. The lodge was fully equipt with pretty much everything you would need including hair dryer, iron, all crockery and pans etc, TV, iPod dock and DVD player. The wine glasses were small and only two white and two red so it would be worth bringing your own if this would bother you.
The staff were very helpful throughout the booking process and during our stay. Phone coverage is practically nil out there if you are with Vodafone and its impossible to attach to the wifi so communication with the outside world was difficult. Thankfully the lovely staff organised a taxi for us and ensured we got to the wedding in time.
What I would say if you are staying there for a wedding at the Loch Lomond arms or nearby is to get in touch with the hotel hosting the wedding well in advance to book a taxi. Sadly we tried this the day before and it was too late. There is one taxi drives in luss and otherwise you pay ft or someone to come from Ballach so it cost us £20 to drive 3 miles. Not bank breaking but if you are on a budget it's worth planning in advance.
I would gladly recommend the lodges to anyone looking to stay in this area. Personally I wouldn't be happy in one of the caravans or anything with a balcony overlooking other people in a caravan and we did witness this across the site. If you feel the same as me then make sure you check before you book. The views really did make it special. It's a lovely location with great views, helpful staff and generally good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quality caravans and lodges available for holiday rentals and sale on the banks of Loch Lomond, arguably Scotland's most beautiful yet accessible loch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Inverbeg Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inverbeg Holiday Park Hotel Luss
- Inverbeg Holiday Park Luss, Scotland