“Great day out”

Castle Rednock Trekking in the Trossachs
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Live locally to Rednock and sadly hadnt been as felt kids too young , kids totally loved the Segways and the trecking, will be sure to be back at any chance we can get, may even try the Segways ourselves as looked great.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Having tried segways at Crieff Hydro two years ago we were looking for a more challenging segway experience. William did not disappoint, letting us four adults really open them up on the fields and on the mini racing course as well as showing us how to manoeuvre them over more challenging terrain. The four kids went separately and had just as good a time. Much cheaper than Crieff and a far better, more friendly and personalised experience (William remembered all our names despite only being told once).

Reviewed 9 September 2012

I booked an hour's pony trekking for myself, 8year old daughter and husband as a birthday treat, after reading good reviews, and receiving a very quick response to my initial email contact.

My daughter and I have been taking riding lessons for a few months, but only in an enclosed arena, so we were looking forward to riding out of doors. My husband has never ridden before.

My daughter was led as she had been a wee bit nervous about the size of pony she might be given, in relation to the pony she currently rides. We had a short spell in an outdoor arena, which was a good way for the non-riders to get used to being on horseback, before heading out on the trek.

The horses and ponies were all lovely, calm and very easy to handle. The more experienced riders were able to have a canter for a few minutes, and as we waited, one of the staff took photos for us with our camera. Towards the end of the trek we were asked if we wanted to trot, and we did this for a few minutes as we returned to the centre.

The trek was well staffed, and the leader and his colleagues were attentive and helpful. It is only an hour's drive away from home, and wouldn't hesitate to return. But as my husband's first experience on horseback hasn't put him off another attempt, we may try other trekking centres throughout Scotland as we do like to explore.

3  Thank laineyfaefife
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Four adults who had never experienced Segways took the plunge!! The tutor was very patient and we had the most amazing time. EXCELLENT value for money.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

I have my own horse but needed to take friends horse riding, so after enquiring locally decided to try Castle Rednock. I have taken the same friend 3 times over the past 4 years and found the staff very sensible and the horses very willing. I do tend to be critical of riding establishments and would recommend this one for a trek, for all levels.

4  Thank Gallous-lassie