“Terrible!! Bridget only redeaming feature!!!”
Review of Ardencaple Hotel

Ardencaple Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Rhu B&B and Inns
Dundee
“Terrible!! Bridget only redeaming feature!!!”
Reviewed 16 May 2010

We arrived as a family for a function and were horrified by the standard of the rooms and service.
Noboday should have to accept succh appauling standards.
Staff (apart from Bridget who was lovely) were rude in the extreme and obviously had no regard for guests.
Please do not subject yourselves to such dreadful behaviour.
We are Scottish and feel ashamed!!

Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank sara190552

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Gretna
Reviewed 27 May 2009

We stayed here on Friday 22nd May 2009, 14 bikers, male and female, one of our bikes got puncture, staff helped us contact a tyre specialist, a local even gave us his footpump!! Hotel very good food and rooms could not be faulted

• Stayed May 2009
Edinburgh
Reviewed 4 September 2008

What a grubby, outdated place.

Our room overlooked around 40 bin bags and was told they were for recycling for charity (charity or not I didnt want to look at them) and they could move me to another room but this was noisy next to the road. Basically they couldnt be bothered.

The bathroom was dirty and shower barely worked. We waited ages to check in and the "cocktail lounge" was a grubby pub for the locals.

The place needs refurbishing and bringing into the 21st century and the staff could do with some customer service training.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank chadwick77
London
Reviewed 23 June 2008

The most unfriendly place I have ever stayed. I spent the stay wondering what it was I could have done to upset them! The hotel did not appear to be busy, yet I was given a room on the ground floor next to the dustbins where bottles were loudly smashed into a recycling bin.

I was awoken at 8am on Saturday morning by housekeeping banging on the door. When I went to breakfast at 9am, she was hovering round my door, asking if I was leaving. I told her no and she said, ok, she had other rooms to clean. When I arrived back in my room, the door was wide open and she was nowhere to be seen, leaving my handbag etc in full view! This despite the fact that check out was at 11am.

There was a leaflet in the room detailing the delicious breakfast (full english or continental) available, yet when I arrived in the dining room 1 hour before the end of service, all that was out for continental breakfast was pots of yoghurt and mini cereal boxes. No toast/bread/pastries/fruit etc as described in the leaflet. I took a seat at the only laid table, complete with used serviettes, where an extremely cross woman dared me to ask for a full english and stomped off to the kitchen which was belting out loud frenetic music.

The hotel itself is quite attractive and the room was quite comfortable and well appointed, so it was a shame that the service made it such an unpleasant stay.

This place is run by a sour faced bunch who appear they would rather they had no guests at all. Perhaps they disapprove of single women travelling alone. Overall it made for and unwelcoming and uncomfortable stay.

• Liked — comfortable bed, good tea/coffee making facilities, location
  • Disliked — customer service
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhu
Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel
#3 of 4 in Dumbarton
The Anchor Inn
The Anchor Inn
#2 of 4 in Garelochhead

Been to Ardencaple Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ardencaple Hotel

Property: Ardencaple Hotel
Address: Gareloch Road, Rhu, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Helensburgh G84 8LA, Scotland
Region: United Kingdom > Scotland > Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park > Helensburgh > Rhu
Bar / Lounge Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 4 B&Bs / Inns in Rhu
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Ardencaple Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS and Hotel.de so you can book your Ardencaple Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ardencaple Hotel Rhu, Scotland