“A great place to stay”

Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rhu
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I have stayed here on at least 3 trips and had excellant service each time. The scottish breakfast is very good especially with haggis. Just one example of the excellent staff they have there. On the last night I stayed, there was a wedding reseption going on down stair and my room was just above the garden room were it was being held. The thoughtful staff offered to move me to a different room without me having to ask. My first choice when I am in the area

Room Tip: All the good are good but book well in advance as it very popular.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank alfiered
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your very kind words and for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted that you had a pleasurable experience at Rosslea and I will make sure the rest of the team are aware of your comments.

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Been here on several visits, I find the hotel disorganised, over priced and dirty.
Some staff are rude and just stand there doing nothing, floor needed a good hovering. The forint entrance is full of cigarette ends you would think that someone would lift them up after each day but no.

I would not recommend this place ever.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank David M
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Oh Dear, what can I say?????
I suppose the question I must ask is why do you keep coming back? you quite clearly state you would not recommend the Rosslea yet you also state you have been here on several occassions. And why wait for 3 months before posting your review.

I am sorry however that we have upset someone to the extent that they would be compelled to write such a poor review. Dare I ask on what capacity were you at Rosslea as we can't trace you. Was it an overnight stay or a meeting or lunch?

Fortunately the vast majority of our visitors have a positive experience.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed last night at Rosslea Hall, an overnight stay with my elderly parents, we both were in disabled rooms, which were excellent. The Staff could not have been nicer and very considerate of my 85 year old very frail father. The food at dinner was fantastic and breakfast this morning was also very tasty and cooked fresh for you. Will certainly return for another visit soon. Only one thing wrong the church bells chime all night but that's not the hotels fault.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank heather2401

Dear Guest.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your experience on Tripadvisor.
Your opinion matters a great deal to us and be assured I will pass your comments onto the relevant team members.

Thanks Again

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Had afternoon tea here recently. Food was just average and a better selection could have been offered. staff did not seem to know who we were although I had previously booked, and kept coming and asking us questions; rather disconcerting. for what was paid (and this was a present for us) it was not worth the money. Would not return or recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Fiona B
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I am so disappointed to note your comments, simply because its the first time we have received negative feedback about our afternoon teas.
I'm sorry but cant accept your comment of it being poor value as we charge £14.95 for two which is almost half the price charged anywhere else. I do apologise that you did not like the experience and have spoken to the staff members who were serving the restaurant on Saturday afternoon. It was a particularly busy service which could have caused the staff to be asking questions regarding bookings but this should have been done in a way that did not upset you.
I note that you won't be back and that you would not recommend.
I would much rather you reconsidered and accept my invite to return for an afternoon tea on me, thus giving you the opportunity to experience our very popular afternoon tea as it should be and give me the opportunity to redeem our reputation.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I had my wedding on the 8th November at the hotel and I can not praise the staff enough!
They bent over backwards to make sure myself and my guests were happy. The rooms are a great size, the beds were comfy and the food was fab! The meal for my wedding was amazing hats off to the cooks! And to Dom and lynn I thank you for all you help on my big day and to Jennifer for making sure everything was how I wanted it. The decorations for my winter wonderland wedding were perfect! all the little details finished it off! I had a fantastic time and would certainly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Clare M
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Clare

Thank you so much for your excellent review on tripadvisor. I am delighted that we achieved our goal which was to make sure your dreams all came true on your special day. It was our pleasure and I am extremely greatful for your positive feedback. I hope you will both come back to visit us at Rosslea Hall in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

On the 12th of November having been to a funeral,on our way home we decided to go into the Rosslea for a meal as we just live nearby.Having sat for 10-15mins,with three members of staff standing behind the bar talking ,we walked out in disgust.One being the on duty manageress,no one asked us if we would like a drink or if we were in for a meal.Its a lovely place but the staff need to get there act together and make customers feel welcome,we will not be back in a hurry.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathleen M
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking th time to post your review on Tripadvisor,

Please accept my sincere apologies for our shortfall in customer / guest service. I am very disappointed in the staff members involved and will not try to defend or make lame excuses for your bad experience. In my view it is unacceptable that any guest should leave feeing like this.
I can assure you I will be speaking to the three members of staff who were on duty and the appropriate action will be taken to avoid a re-occurence. I am proud of what we are achieving at Rosslea our reputation is getting better and better and I will not allow any staff member to tarnish this or treat guests in this fashion.

Please dont let this instance cloud your judgement as the vast majority of our visitors comment on how good the service was and what you received was not the norm. Please contact me directly to discuss further as I would like to try and redeem our reputation.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

just spent a lovely one night stay at rosslea hall rhu for our wedding anniversary, had the cream tea for lunch which was lovely the room was clean with a fantastic view, had a meal at the bar in the evening which was first class, a nice touch was a lovely anniversary card from the staff which was in our room on arrival . The breakfast was again first class . looking forward to our next stay
already Thanks to all staff

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your very kind words and for taking the time to post a review of your experience on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit it is always reasuring and a pleasure to read comments such as yours.

Don

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhu
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Kilcreggan Hotel
Kilcreggan Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kilcreggan

Been to Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!