“Wonderful wedding & amazing hotel”

Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rhu
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Wonderful wedding & amazing hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I had my wedding on the 4th May (Star Wars Day!!) and this is truly a remarkable hotel. I don’t even have the words to say how fabulous the hotel and all its staff were from start to finish.
We chose the venue because of its location and the spectacular views. Another deciding factor was value for money and what the hotel were offering in comparison to venues in Glasgow and the surrounding area. It seemed to good to be true but it wasn’t and the hotel delivered on everything and more. The package which we bought was fantastic when you considered everything that we got and that didn’t even take account of the fabulous views, brilliant staff, high quality food and all the little extras they did for us.
The planning stages went smoothly with Jennifer (wedding planner) and her team. Emails were answered quickly and helpful suggestions were made when I was looking for hairdressers, beauticians, chocolate fountain hire etc in the Rhu area. The hotel were more than willing to accommodate everything that I wanted to be included on the day. We had a menu tasting just before the wedding (free) and the food was beautiful. The hotel allow you 3 choices of starter, main meal and dessert and guests don’t have to select what they want until the day of the wedding, which is unusual but incredibly gracious and went down well with the guests as you don’t know what you want to eat 2 months in advance!! It certainly saved me a lot of work before the wedding getting dinner orders from guests. The hotel were more than happy to accommodate last minute changes I made.
I stayed in the hotel the night before with my mum and bridesmaids. We brought all the centrepieces, favours, decorations, candy stall items etc with us.....there was a lot of stuff!!. The hotel staff were already setting up the reception room for the wedding and took all the pressure off me by organising and arranging all the stuff that I had brought with me. This was such a welcome relief as it meant I could enjoy the rest of the day without stressing over anything.
The hotel staff did everything to make the venue simply stunning. They even stepped in to help with an error on my table plan which I had been fretting over (purchased elsewhere) and managed to fix it.
On the day of the wedding, I got up about 6am which was before breakfast was being served. The receptionist (lovely girl Hazel) very kindly arranged for 2 cappucino’s for myself and my
Mum and we sat there chatting to Hazel for about 30 minutes. It was a great way to calm my nerves and take my mind off the mad rush that would probably start eventually. Breakfast was
lovely and everything was there that we wanted.
Whilst I was getting ready in the room, the hotel were dealing with everything else and just
giving me a quick call when things were arriving such as the cake. It put my mind at ease knowing that everything was going smoothly.
The wedding itself was superb. We got married in the conservatory which was so pretty with lots of light. It would have been nice to have had the wedding in the patio or lawn but the rain prevented this. To my surprise, the fact that it was raining didn’t even bother me as the venue was so beautifully decorated and everything guests needed was in one place. The reception room was utterly stunning and everyone commented on this. Throughout the wedding day, all of the staff really came into their own and demonstrated why they recently won a prestigious award. Each and every one of them were professional, experienced, helpful, friendly, accommodating....the list is endless. The manager Don was tremendous and such a funny and likeable guy. He kept us abreast of everything that we needed to do and made everything run so smoothly. Think my mum had a wee crush on him!!!! The canapés were delicious according to all my guests and were quickly polished off. The wedding meal was beautiful and I was told by all my guests that it was one of the best wedding meals they’ve ever had. I know it sounds stupid but even wee touches like tablet with your tea and coffee was lovely as I didn’t even know that was included in the package.
The evening manager Bob was also fantastic and at one point, the poor man was running all over the hotel trying to locate my mum so she wouldn’t miss the first dance!!! Again, it was the small touches such as this, that made the hotel and its staff so special. The hotel at night was just as stunning as during the day and really transformed for the evening reception.
The DJ in the evening was really down to earth and a great guy. He contacted me before the wedding to go over the type of music that I would like him to play. He played a variety of music to suit all tastes and played requests as soon as guests asked for a certain song. He was really professional and the dance floor was always full. The lights made it look like a proper nightclub and there was a visual display monitor thing which continually flashed our names and the date of our wedding....I’m easily pleased!! The evening buffet is still being talked about by my guests as it was like a feast!! I expected some rolls cut in half and a few scotch pies but the plates were literally piled high with rolls and guests told me that it was the nicest scotch pies they had ever tasted.
At the end of the night, we stayed in the bridal suite which was huge and views you couldn’t buy for love nor money. All of the guests who stayed in the hotel loved their rooms and were
pleased with the views, decor and the cleanliness of the rooms.
The whole day was wonderful and I know that a lot of credit needs to go to the hotel for making it such a day to remember. Guests have since told me it was the best wedding they had ever been to as everything was perfect and the food and drink was flowing all day. I’m so glad I went for the Rosslea as the entire experience was perfect. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone getting married. I’m a perfectionist and a bit of a control freak but the hotel and the staff really did everything for me and took an immense burden off my shoulders. The Rosslea gave my husband and myself a day we’ll always remember. Thank you so much to the Rosslea and to all the brilliant staff who made this one of the best days of my life.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LindaHS29
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Linda

Thank you very much for this wonderful review. I am delighted that you had such a great day, Mission Accomplished!!! it was an absolute pleasure to work with you and your mother was such a fab person we had a good laugh and chat together. I can assure you we all had a good day.

Thanks Again Linda and dont be strangers,

Don

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Garelochhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We had the most amazing winter wedding at the Rosslea Hall Hotel in December 2012. Every single tiny detail was attended to and our day was so much more amazing than we could have ever possibly imagined. Even now, all our friends and family still talk about how perfect the hotel was and how fab all the staff were, some of our guests told us stories of how the staff went above and beyond for them, to ensure they had the best stay possible. Last Sunday, a year and a half after our wedding, we were delighted to be able to hold our first baby boys christening at the hotel. Our friends and family loved being back and, yet again, the hotel team ensured we had the most gorgeous event and were so looked after. Every time we have had anything to do with the Rosslea be it for lunch, dinner, Ruaraidh's christening or our amazing wedding, Don, Lynn and their whole team couldn't do enough for us and we love love love being part of the Rosslea family. We will always recommend our favourite hotel to everyone. Keep doing what you do guys, and congratulations to you all on all your well deserved awards! #bestweddingvenue and now #bestchristeningvenue :o) Thank you all so much - Ross, Izzy & Ruaraidh x

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Isabel G
What can I say, thank you all very much for this fabulous review. It was a delight to meet wee Ruaraidh the youngest member of the Rosslea family. It was also really nice to see many faces back again.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Last minute break for our anniversary. When we arrived there was a large wedding part so we were anticipating the worst! The whole place was well managed the food was excellent. Our room was top floor and very quiet

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MMA502912
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming back in the future.

Stewarton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Had a very pleasant stay here. Room had seaview which was lovely and good sized bathroom. Tiles however had some black mould (easily removed with anti mould spray!!). Artificial flowers spoiled a pleasant setting especially in dining room. Breakfast disappointing...asked for sausages, mushrooms, beans. Got two small shrivelled sausages, a very few overcooked mushrooms, and a teaspoon of beans!! Had to ask for fresh butter dish. However staff very welcoming and service good.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Lilian10
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to post it on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to note the positive elements of your visit and have taken note of your comments with regards to Breakfast and your bedroom.
I have had my maintenance team into the bedroom and I'm pleased to report it has now been brought up to a higher standard and I have also spoken to Chef about the breakfast. Whilst the feedback we recieve in general is very good, I will not accept any slips in our standards and I apologise to you for our shortfalls.
I do hope you will return in the future.

Helensburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

From start to finish our afternoon tea party for 10 for my hen party went without a hitch. The beverages, scones, cakes, sandwiches, crannachan, champagne... I could go on! Were all brilliant and without fault as were the ladies who served our tea and ensured everything went smoothly and without a hitch and couldn't do enough to make sure we had an amazing afternoon. Can't thank them enough :-)

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with others through Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read your comments. Our afternoon teas have become very popular and exce[tional value. The best advert I could ever hope for is feedback like yours. I hope you will return in the not to distant future.

Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

stayed 2 Nights in May 2014. Room comfortable, breakfast fresh cooked to order. The highlight though was the shower, bags of hot water and with sufficient force to feel the benefit - seldom seen in most hotels. Sea view is worth the extra cost.

Room Tip: Sea view is worth the extra cost
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank axtd0
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments, it is always reassuring to read positive reviews. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Rosslea and hope to welcome you back in the not to distant future.

Yeovil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is a lovely hotel which we have used before. It has great views across the loch. The rooms are very comfortable and quiet and the staff are very pleasant & helpful. The food is excellent & we do enjoy good food. We shall doubtless return to Rosslea Hall when we return to this part of the world another time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mercedes220
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this excellent review and for taking the time to post it on tripadvisor. It is through feedback that we gain the knowledge for improvement. I will make sure the team see your comments as they make very pleasant reading.

Hope to welcome you back in the not to distant future.

Don
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhu
Knockderry House Hotel
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
The Lake of Menteith Hotel
The Lake of Menteith Hotel
#1 of 1 in Port of Menteith

Been to Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!