Our wedding day was the most amazing day of our lives! We spent 2 years looking for the perfect wedding venue and stumbled on Rosslea Hall after an afternoon of unsuccessful venue visits. We met with Jennifer and booked on the spot! We were amazed by the packages on offer and the fact Jennifer was so accommodating with our crazy ideas. This was so refreshing after visiting many venues were you were basically told how to have your wedding! We loved the idea that we could have our wedding outside and the thought of our guests having drinks on the patio overlooking the loch clinched it for us.
We met with Jennifer and Victoria many times over the 2 years we were planning the wedding and they couldn't be more enthusiastic and accommodating with our requests. They seemed genuinely interest in our ideas!
We also visited the venue for a menu tasting and it was amazing. It made us look forward to the wedding more knowing our guests were going to be enjoying such a lovely meal! Our guests were also able to select their meal on the day which was a huge plus for us! We also had a lot of family who liked "plain" food and the chef was able to accommodate their requests.
I had a lot of wedding decorations which I needed setting up and I was anxious about not doing this myself as I envisaged exactly how I wanted them to be - Lynn and the team did a fantastic job and I had a tear in my eye when I seen how beautifully the function room had been decorated. We hired our birdcages for the centre pieces from the hotel and I'm glad we did as it meant we avoided the hassle of outsourcing them ourselves- I would definitely recommend.
On the day itself we managed to have the wedding outside which was an absolute dream. The wedding was conducted by Rev Ian Miller who carried out a touching but hilarious ceremony which was exactly what we wanted. He came recommended by the hotel and I'm so glad he was able to marry us as he was definitely one of the highlights of our day.
Lynn was absolute god send on the day. She calmed my husbands nerves when the bridesmaid car broke down (they had to hitch a ride with a stranger!) And also my dad's nerves right before he made his speech. She was fantastic with all of our guests and felt like part of the family. The meal was beautiful and we still have guests commenting on how much they enjoyed it, the portions are amazing!
We had a lot of family staying in the hotel over the weekend and everyone had a great time. The staff throughout the hotel were fab, even stopping to chat to everyone about the wedding even though there was another wedding on on the Sunday.
Our wedding day was truly the best day of our lives- everything was amazing. Rosslea Hall was the perfect choice for us due to the location and surroundings and how accommodating the wedding planners were. We really wouldn't change a thing and if we did it again we would definitely pick Rosslea Hall!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the picturesque village of Rhu overlooking the Firth of Clyde, near Loch Lomond. The Rosslea Hall offers you a choice of traditional elegance and modern facilities. Our award winning Restaurant and wedding venue are famed for the quality of food and service. Built in 1849 by Architect Daniel Walkinshaw, who was so enamoured by Italy in general, decided his house should be italian in style and built on the shores that most resembled his loved Bay of Naples. To this day, with its bell tower clearly visible from the peninsula in Rhu Rosslea still has the Italianate flavour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosslea Hall Country Hotel
- Rosslea Hall Country Rhu
- Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel Rhu, Scotland