“The Cannon Wedding 24/05/14”

Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rhu
“The Cannon Wedding 24/05/14”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Our wedding day was the most amazing day of our lives! We spent 2 years looking for the perfect wedding venue and stumbled on Rosslea Hall after an afternoon of unsuccessful venue visits. We met with Jennifer and booked on the spot! We were amazed by the packages on offer and the fact Jennifer was so accommodating with our crazy ideas. This was so refreshing after visiting many venues were you were basically told how to have your wedding! We loved the idea that we could have our wedding outside and the thought of our guests having drinks on the patio overlooking the loch clinched it for us.
We met with Jennifer and Victoria many times over the 2 years we were planning the wedding and they couldn't be more enthusiastic and accommodating with our requests. They seemed genuinely interest in our ideas!
We also visited the venue for a menu tasting and it was amazing. It made us look forward to the wedding more knowing our guests were going to be enjoying such a lovely meal! Our guests were also able to select their meal on the day which was a huge plus for us! We also had a lot of family who liked "plain" food and the chef was able to accommodate their requests.
I had a lot of wedding decorations which I needed setting up and I was anxious about not doing this myself as I envisaged exactly how I wanted them to be - Lynn and the team did a fantastic job and I had a tear in my eye when I seen how beautifully the function room had been decorated. We hired our birdcages for the centre pieces from the hotel and I'm glad we did as it meant we avoided the hassle of outsourcing them ourselves- I would definitely recommend.
On the day itself we managed to have the wedding outside which was an absolute dream. The wedding was conducted by Rev Ian Miller who carried out a touching but hilarious ceremony which was exactly what we wanted. He came recommended by the hotel and I'm so glad he was able to marry us as he was definitely one of the highlights of our day.
Lynn was absolute god send on the day. She calmed my husbands nerves when the bridesmaid car broke down (they had to hitch a ride with a stranger!) And also my dad's nerves right before he made his speech. She was fantastic with all of our guests and felt like part of the family. The meal was beautiful and we still have guests commenting on how much they enjoyed it, the portions are amazing!
We had a lot of family staying in the hotel over the weekend and everyone had a great time. The staff throughout the hotel were fab, even stopping to chat to everyone about the wedding even though there was another wedding on on the Sunday.
Our wedding day was truly the best day of our lives- everything was amazing. Rosslea Hall was the perfect choice for us due to the location and surroundings and how accommodating the wedding planners were. We really wouldn't change a thing and if we did it again we would definitely pick Rosslea Hall!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Claire

Thank you so much for this excellent review and thank you for sharing on tripadvisor for others to read.
I am delighted that we made such a positive contibution to your special day. Feedback is vitally important to us as we strive for excellence and to read a review such as this makes me so proud of the team.

Thanks Again

Don

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at the Rosslea at the beginning of the month for 3 nights on a work trip. The hotel is easily found, and as you approach up the drive you can't help but be impressed by the building and the grounds. There is more than enough parking available and it's very close to the hotel entrance. The reception area is very pleasant and the staff are warm and welcoming with check in being very simple. I stayed in a superior Double room which was ver well proportioned with a nice bathroom and a massive bed! What really made the room though was the fantastic views of the beautiful hotel gardens and Rhu bay. The food is great and can be eaten in the restaurant overlooking the gardens or the relaxed bar area. Breakfast is freshly cooked and there is a very big continental buffet. With all this about the hotel said, I think it's important to mention the staff as they're the ones who really make this place so nice to stay they are all extremely friendly and helpful with plenty of time for a chat.

Room Tip: My colleague had the bridal suite, it was huge! My room was at the front of the hotel and as mention...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tom G
Dear Tom

This is a wonderful review, it is great to learn that we have succeeded in achieving our goal. Our guest opinion is very important to us as it keeps us heading in the right direction. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers through TripAdvisor.
Please dont be astranger as we would love to welcome you back in the future.

cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We had booked a 2 night stay through the hotel as we were travelling up to Glenn Coe on the 2nd day of our trip, we were met by very friendly and helpful staff, our room was lovely and spacious with a huge bed and a small one for our little one, we went to the restaurant for a spot of lunch and had the afternoon tea which was ok, although the sandwiches were not too nice and the scones needed clotted cream not the cream we were given, our little one had fish which was lovely even though she ate our lunch not hers, the hotel staff were very helpful pointing us in the direction of the nearest park, we had a lovely sea view, plenty of tea and coffee, very comfy pillows.
unfortunately our little one became poorly on our first night but as she slept and was fine the following day we went down for breakfast, plenty of choice cereal wise and some lovely pastries, breakfast is cooked to order, our little one became poorly while having breakfast again so we made the decision to cut our holiday short.
The Hotel staff were lovely and very helpful providing us with some bread for her as although she was poorly she was hungry.
The hotel only charged us for 1 night which we really appreciated, as with any of the bigger hotel chains we would have been charged for that due to them not being able to fill the room for that night.
Thank you so much for your understanding with this, we will be coming back and we will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family,
Looking forward to our return soon

p/s.. We managed to get all the way home without her being poorly again and once we were back home you wouldn't have thought there was anything wrong with her..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your experience on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed our style of Highland hospitality and I am even happier to read that your wee one is feeling so much better.
The opinion of our guests is very important to us as we strive to deliver exceptional service.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you all back to Rosslea.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I couldnt have asked for a better day, it all went like clockwork, the staff were amazing and very attentive. Our wedding planner Lynn Graham went above and beyond her remit to make sure every detail was perfect for her bride and groom. The hotel is beautiful, rooms were fresh and roomy and the veiws were amazing. It was a beautiful day and the wedding was out in the garden which we felt very priviledged for because the setting was so romantic. The food was excellent and the staff ran the day like clockwork. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone getting married or even looking for a romatic overnight stay as there are lots of nice walks. My daughter said it was the best day of her life so thank you Rosslea and Staff.

Room Tip: Lots of wee nooks and crannys in garden to get some quiet time if its a wedding and drinks and food...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Lynn

Thank you very much for this wonderful review and also for taking the time to share with others through TripAdvisor.
I will pass on these comments to Lynn who I am sure will be delighted. We take the opinion of our guests very serious indeed and it makes great reading knowing we have had such a positive impact on our visitors. The team put huge effort into delivering a day to remember particularly with weddings and its great to hear we have succeeded.
Please be assured I will share this review with all the team.

Thanks Again

Dusseldorf, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The staff was always very friendly and helpful. The twin bedded room with a view of the Firth of Clyde was comfortable and clean. It had a good flat screen TV, but the WLAN did not really work with our phones and tablet computers. The hotel has no elevator and so especially for the eldery it is very stressful to reach your room if it is situated on the top floor. It was surprising to find vacuum cleaners visibly stored under the stairs opposite the reception. The breakfast buffet was not what we expected, because the choice was rather limited. The table cloth on the breakfast table had several coffee stains and should have been replaced. All in all a stay in this hotel can be recommended, especially if you have dinner in "The Garden Room Restaurant".

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Johnny19039
Dear Johnny

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience on tripadvisor. I am delighted to read the positive elements of your stay but apologise for the shortfalls you experienced.
I will not attempt any lame excuses, we let you down with our breakfast service and that disappoints me and I have made the team aware of my views on this as with the hoovers. I am confident there will be no further issues on those fronts. Our WIFI has been posing some signal problems recently but I now have this in hand to implement a remedy.

Thanks Once again

Ayr
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Spent one night at Rosslea to break up our journey home from further north. It was a beautiful warm day when we arrived and the area looked spectacular.
At check in we were welcomed warmly and for the rest of our short stay the staff very helpful and friendly.
Our room was very nice, spotless, and much more spacious than many we've had at other hotels.
We had a drink and a bite in the hotel lounge bar, my wife had the chicken supreme and enjoyed it, I had the Rosslea curry, not to my taste, I can make much better myself, wouldn't order that again!
We slept very well in our huge comfortable bed, and felt very refreshed after a great powerful shower - magic!
I notice in previous reviews the WiFi was dodgy, on our stay it just didn't work at all, not too much of a hassle for us but if I'd been on business I would not have been happy, basic stuff these days!

Overall we enjoyed our short stay and wouldn't hesitate to book again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Scott

Thank you so much for your recent review of your visit and thanks for sharing with other others through tripadvisor. I am delighted you had a positive experience but apologise for the less than impressive elements of your visit.
The wifi signals within the hotel have been posing some problems of late but I am delighted to inform you that this is in hand and should be remedied soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights. Wonderful wedding service - perfectly cooked, hot food, incredible local talent for entertainment and even fireworks.

Wifi was not functional and a problem with the room phone not ringing for incoming calls were slight distractions from an otherwise perfect stay and immaculate wedding celebration.

Highly recommended for weddings.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Richard B
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your excellent review. The team at Rosslea also enjoyed Gemma and Matthew's wedding as it was our first Thistle and Rose package which included lots of surprises. I am delighted that you enjoyed it and the feedback we have been receiving has been exceptional.
On a different note we have been experiencing some difuculty with our wifi recently and I have this in hand. I hope that this did not take anything away from your visit.

Don
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhu
Knockderry House Hotel
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
The Lake of Menteith Hotel
The Lake of Menteith Hotel
#1 of 1 in Port of Menteith

Been to Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!