“Brilliant for a romantic getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rhu
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Brilliant for a romantic getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

My girlfriend and I enjoyed a 2 night stay on the 9th and 10th of August and had an absolutely amazing time. I had booked the Romance package and when we got to the room there was a chilled bottle of prosecco, some mixed berries and a beautiful bouquet of flowers waiting for us. We also had a fabulous view out over the loch from our room. Room was very clean and extremely comfortable with all the features we needed. Food was exceptional, both in the restaurant and the bar and the breakfasts were to die for. Can't recommend the place highly enough and we're already talking about when we will be going back

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James-Mc1980
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments reviews such as this always make good reading. The opinion of our guest's is extremely important to us as we develop our service plan. Thank you also for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers through TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to note that you will visit again and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Rosslea.

Don

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We really can recomand this place for B&B and having dinner in the evening.
Very friendly stuff and very good cooking. (we enjoyed the starter and the seabass was brilliant) Gabriel, Emma and Danielle looked very carefully after us with preparing great evening dinner and we got a very late good night cup at the bar, even they had to work early morning shift.
Nice place to stay and easy going to Glasgow center and airport.
We will stay there again if we are around Glasgow next.
As real Bavarians we also enjoyed the very nice clock bell all day

Room Tip: those who do not like clock bells should may be ask for special lokated rooms
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment through tripadvisor on your recent visit. All the way from Bavaria to bonnie Scotland. I am delighted that we made such a good impression on you both. I have passed your comments to all of the team who are delighted.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

As there have already been two great reviews on our daughter and son-in-law's wedding we will keep this short and sweet.

Hotel setting - excellent
Accommodation - excellent
Food - fantastic
Staff - all very friendly and helpfull
Thistle & Rose wedding package - fantastic

We dealt from day one with Lynn Graham who was a pleasure to deal with and her attention to detail is second to none. She really made our life easy and is a great asset to Rosslea Hall Hotel. Our thanks on the day go to Lynn, Don and Bob. The day ran so smoothly and the feedback from all our guests has been amazing.
For anyone who is thinking of booking Rosslea for their wedding venue and have not quite made up their minds we would say to them to book now - they will not be disappointed.

Gail & Stephen Courtenay

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Gail C
Dear Mr and Mrs Courtenay

Thank you so much for this excellent review, I am delighted to note your comments as indeed Lynn was. As our first Thistle and Rose wedding it was so important to get the package right and I am delighted with everyone's response.
To be fair it was a pleasure working with you and your guests. I have pinned a copy of this to the staff notice board as they will also be delighted to note your comments.

Thanks again

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights to form the first part of our Honeymoon, and were not disappointed. The view from the room was unbelievable, looking out onto the Loch itself and the beautiful gardens at the front of the hotel. The staff were really lovely and bubbly. The food in-house was very high quality and reasonably priced. Location was superb as we were about a 2 minute drive from Helensburgh, a really stunning town with plenty to look at. We'd highly recommend staying here.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matthew W
Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind words, I am delighted that we made a good impression on you both. It is always welcoming to recieve feedback such as yours. Thanks also for sharing your opinion with others through TripAdvisor.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Among many great places in the UK this is a gem. Friendly staff, great rooms which are large by comprising to many similar residences, and good food (even if lean cuisine is a bit silly). Fabulous views of the Loch. You will need to keep the double insulated windows closed though as the nearby church bell rings every 15 mins, 24/7.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, it is always reassuring when guest's have a pleasurable experience. We hope to see you back in the not too distant future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We got married at this beautiful hotel on the 18/07/14 and it was simply amazing. Lynn, our wedding co-ordinator, was fantastic from start to finish, so much so that we booked our wedding there and then! The ceremony was in the conservatory and had such a romantic, intimate feel to it that all our guests keep talking about. Our wedding dinner and evening reception was one that will not be forgotten as there were so many hidden 'surprises' in the package that we had booked which Don, Lynn and the rest of the team delivered with perfection.

Thank you so much to The Rosslea Hall Hotel for making the best day of our lives even better than we could have imagined!

Mr & Mrs Reid xx

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Gemma R
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Mr and Mrs Reid

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to be part of your special day. It is with delight that I read this excellent review, having such a positive impact on a day as important as this is what our business is all about.
I take great pride in what we do at Rosslea as does the entire team. Tripadvisor reviews such as this helps motivate the team and of course other TripAdvisor followers can be swayed by positive experiences.
Be assured I will pass this reveiw onto the team who will be equally delighted particularily Lynn as we have all spoke about how great an occassion this was.

Thanks Again

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Was staying in Helensburgh for a night and wasn't too sure on where to stay. Looking at other hotels in the area (having not enjoyed too many of them in the past) I decided to give Rosslea Hall Hotel a chance as the prices were very fair and it looked very nice on the website.

Upon arriving we were asked if we would like to book a table for dinner but we wouldn't be able to eat until 7:45 because there was a wedding on. Although I wasn't eating in the hotel I was happy to get offered the table and impressed that they weren't following in the footsteps of so many other hotels and cramming us in a corner during a busy time (which usually only means slow service and stressed staff)

I was then told all the details I needed to know such as breakfast times, checkout times etc and proceeded to go to my room. When entering the room I was impressed by how nice it was. Big bed, spacious, nice bathroom with complimentary shower gel. The windows were beautiful, letting in lots of light although at the cost of some privacy as people in the car park could get a full view of the whole room (I was on the first floor up). But nothing that the curtains couldn't fix.
The bathroom also didn't have a lock, but that wasn't a problem.

My sleep was very comfortable and I couldn't hear much noise through the night. I was just getting ready to leave when my room was called by reception. I had slept in too late for breakfast and reception were recommending that I try their Sunday lunch, and since it was included in my package I decided to book a table for 5 minutes later and went downstairs to eat before the long drive home. The restaurant was empty and I was quickly met by a woman who seemed very professional who sat us at a table in a very...classy? restaurant. Our drinks and food order was quickly taken and the food arrived not much later,The waitress was lovely and very chatty.
I had the potato soup which was lovely although I had to season it slightly more with the salt on the table for it to be to my liking. I then had chicken and haggis with mash potato and greens, and it was beautiful (certainly cured my hangover from the night before). If I had to pick anything I would change about the restaurant, I could only say that the sauce on the chicken was splitting and the playlist I think only had about 4 songs in it.

Also my girlfriend was looking through the wedding leaflets in the room and hinting heavily that she would just LOVE a wedding there.

Getting back to the car I was asked by my girlfriend what was wrong with the hotel as I am a big complainer and I really couldn't really think of anything, It was a lovely nights stay and I really cant think of any reason that people wouldn't like it here. Even family members in the area were telling me about how good a reputation it has gotten recently.

I very much look forward to returning in the future, Good job guys!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Dear Ryan

Thank you very much for this excellent review of your recent visit to Rosslea Hall. I am delighted that you found it difficult to fault us, I welcome feedback good or bad from our guests as it helps me to develop the team and work towards improving our product.
I took great pleasure from reading this particularily when family and friends have commented on our improvements. Thank you for taking the time to share your views with other travellers through TripAdvisor.
PS: Your fiance is right there is no better place for you to hold your wedding! if you would like any information sent to you please call me.

Don
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhu
Knockderry House Hotel
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
The Lake of Menteith Hotel
The Lake of Menteith Hotel
#1 of 1 in Port of Menteith

Been to Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!