Rosslea Hotel's official rating is three stars but staying here it really feels like a four star hotel, so the current TripAdvisor rating feels accurate.
We stayed for two nights and the room was really nice, clean with a good TV and large bed which was comfy. It had a great view of the Loch from the window.
I can only think that the reason the hotel is three stars is because it does not have a lift and plenty of steps (staff did kindly offer to carry bags up for us) and the breakfast is quite slow at being served. Maybe the hotel was particularly busy but it operated a system where you helped yourself to continental breakfast but the cooked food was taken to order. First you order your hot drinks and then they come back later for the food order. This took a while to arrive on both days so if you are in a rush to get anywhere, factor in that it takes 30-40 minutes for the breakfast process. This really could do with speeding up some how when busy. We also only received one slice of toast each both days even though we asked for more on the second day. It should be noted that the quality of the food was really good and I can recommend the porridge if you fancy a change from the usual cooked affair.
The hotel also has a restaurant and a bar, which we did not use, but they looked very nice.
I also appreciated the information about the history of the hotel in the room. That was a nice touch. I wish more historical hotels would do the same.
I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the picturesque village of Rhu overlooking the Firth of Clyde, near Loch Lomond. The Rosslea Hall offers you a choice of traditional elegance and modern facilities. Our award winning Restaurant and wedding venue are famed for the quality of food and service. Built in 1849 by Architect Daniel Walkinshaw, who was so enamoured by Italy in general, decided his house should be italian in style and built on the shores that most resembled his loved Bay of Naples. To this day, with its bell tower clearly visible from the peninsula in Rhu Rosslea still has the Italianate flavour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosslea Hall Country Hotel
- Rosslea Hall Country Rhu
- Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel Rhu, Scotland