“A really nice stop in the middle of the WHW”

The Rowardennan Hotel Restaurant
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“A really nice stop in the middle of the WHW”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

A nice menu with all the standard things on it. Friendly service and, if you're doing the West Highland Way, as we were, it is a chance to catch up with all the people you were out walking with during the day!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Jennifer T

• Greek first
Moray, United Kingdom
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I think I would go back for a drink or a snack, but I would think twice about having a meal here. I ordered a steak, which was quite pricey but ended up being really overcooked (I had ordered medium rare - this was definitely 'well done' instead) and of poor quality. I saw some of the other dishes going out, and heard from other diners, that the steak pie was a good option, as well as the fish and chips. So I think perhaps it depends on what you order. I don't recommend the steak.

The location and outside seating, overlooking the loch, are very beautiful. If you are walking by, I recommend stopping in for some refreshment here before pressing on. It's worth it just for the views and the location.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank fiona07
England, United Kingdom
“good food”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Excellent wholesome food at a reasonable price just what you need after a long walk. Friendly staff and a good atmosphere.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Steer69
Ireland
“Great location, nice service, mediocre expensive food”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Have been here a few times for lunch. Pretty standard fare.

This is basically the only show in town so take it it leave it. There are alternatives in drymen about 10 or so miles away which are nice and probably better value.

On this trip we had haggis starter, chips on the side and a glass of wine each. About £24 all in.

The food was okay. Nothing more.

The place itself is nice both inside and the loch-view outside seating. Play area for children outside and hens etc running about.

Staff on duty, a man and a woman, were very pleasant and helpful. If it hadn't been for their friendliness and good service we might have felt less than positive about the visit. Also witnessed them being of good service to other guests while we were there. Especially foreign visitors who got the "patter". Nice. Well done ;-)

As it was, no complaints overall. But if you're looking for high quality food at low cost there's no point in planning to eat here. In my humble opinion.

Nevertheless, you could enjoy a visit here with nice staff in lovely surroundings just for a drink or a snack if you want.

Scotland
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I popped in with my son after a very long hot walk from Drymen and decided to have food as the menu looked decent. The size of the portions and the quality of the food did not match the prices, I thought I had been given meals from the kids menu. The staff didnt even ask how our meal was or we would have told them........ not a great advert for Scottish hospitality

• Visited August 2014