Although it's a youth hostel there was a variety of ages and groups. Everyone was really respectful to each other, the kitchen is fairly big to allow room to cook your meals and plenty of storage space. The location was beautiful and you can do some nice walks from the hostel. The beds were comfortable and there wasn't any noise after 10:30pm.
The only negative thing I can say is that it's location is not very well advertised. It's really out of the way, although it's well worth the drive up to it. Advisable to have a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rowardennan Lodge is set on the banks of Loch Lomond at the base of Ben Lomond. The West Highland Way passes directly past its front door making it an ideal stop along the way. The youth hostel is accessible by car and on foot as well as via the Loch Lomond Waterbus which operates direct from the hostel. Wi-Fi during your stay: We do our best to deliver a free Wi-Fi service but apologise that connectivity, particularly in our rural locations, can be intermittent due to the level of our current broadband provision along with high usage when the youth hostel is busy. Please be assured we are endeavouring to improve where we can. We thank you for your patience and understanding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Rowardennan Lodge SYHA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rowardennan Hotel Rowardennan
- Rowardennan Lodge SYHA Scotland