6 of us stayed in lodge 20 which slept 8.
The lodge was meticulously clean, spacious and had all the facilities of a normal house - kitchen, dishwasher, showers, living room, big TV, music system, DVD player etc.. In fact, it was more like a house than a log cabin!
The location is perfect - right on the loch with a perfect, unobstructed view of the water.
There are loads of nice outdoor activities to do nearby and the landscape is stunning. You can also see Ben Lomond from the back of the lodge.
We went to the Oaktree Inn about 15 minutes away (we also got a discount card along with the lodge) and it was perfect for a nice wholesome
Meal after a long day of walking.
We are looking to go back again here at some point in the summer as I just couldn't fault it (especially the lying in front of the fire in the evening!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rowardennan Lodge is set on the banks of Loch Lomond at the base of Ben Lomond. The West Highland Way passes directly past its front door making it an ideal stop along the way. The youth hostel is accessible by car and on foot as well as via the Loch Lomond Waterbus which operates direct from the hostel. Wi-Fi during your stay: We do our best to deliver a free Wi-Fi service but apologise that connectivity, particularly in our rural locations, can be intermittent due to the level of our current broadband provision along with high usage when the youth hostel is busy. Please be assured we are endeavouring to improve where we can. We thank you for your patience and understanding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Rowardennan Lodge SYHA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rowardennan Hotel Rowardennan
- Rowardennan Lodge SYHA Scotland