We spent our second night on the West Highland Way here. The check in process was tedious, especially when you have walked a long way and are desperate to sit down. It was reminiscent of booking a budget airline flight. We paid for,dinner, and it was generally very good, although the soup was a bit too peppery. Our room was very basic, but had a wonderful view over the loch, and the beds were comfortable. A table between the two beds would have been appreciated. The female showers were a long walk, and on a lower floor, and this could be improved on. But the location is phenomenal, and this includes the view from the lounge windows. We ordered the continental breakfast, and it was more than adequate, with a good selection. Overall the hostel is more than adequate for an over night stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rowardennan Lodge is set on the banks of Loch Lomond at the base of Ben Lomond. The West Highland Way passes directly past its front door making it an ideal stop along the way. The youth hostel is accessible by car and on foot as well as via the Loch Lomond Waterbus which operates direct from the hostel. Wi-Fi during your stay: We do our best to deliver a free Wi-Fi service but apologise that connectivity, particularly in our rural locations, can be intermittent due to the level of our current broadband provision along with high usage when the youth hostel is busy. Please be assured we are endeavouring to improve where we can. We thank you for your patience and understanding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Rowardennan Lodge SYHA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rowardennan Hotel Rowardennan
- Rowardennan Lodge SYHA Scotland