“My experience. !”

Ranked #2 of 3 Rowardennan B&B and Inns
glasgow
“My experience. !”
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Hi arrived after long walk. Had to get backs from the shed, was a bit of a pain. Staff were very welcoming I was knackered. Only down side was rein room was below staff door. If manager reads this please try and sort the door as it bangs a lot. If I wasn't so tired it would have bothered me a lot more. Bar staff were pleasant . One member gave me something for my blisters. Our room was really nice beds were like too single too single rooms which was good. Only downside tv didn't work . Could have went down but had no energy. To sum it up . It's was ok place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Greek first
Sheffield
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Rowardennon en-route on the West Highland Way, like many others. Since they had a bit of a monopoly, I feel they did not have to try too hard.
The accommodation was adequate but a bit small.
The food was pretty average and not very adventurous and my friend's pasta dish was pretty indelible. Would suggest sticking to the basics, burgers, fish and chips etc.
The welcome at reception was a bit functional too.

Stayed July 2013
Falkirk, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed here while walking along the WHW. General impression was, they knew there were few alternatives hence did not need to try too hard. I was a bit unlucky with my room. It was clean enough, and well appointed, but it was right next to the staff quarters. I did not appreciate them putting tv on at 6.30am, although it was not too loud. My sleep had already been disturbed by a contant droning coming from outside - part of heating system? Receptionists were fine but bar staff seemed a bit offhand, although maybe I did not share their sense of humour! From the bickering going on outside my room I suspected it was not a very happy place to work. It was probably the worst place of the 9 I stayed while walking the WHW. However I was really lucky with my accomodation on the WHW and certainly did not think this hotel was worth less than 3 stars. Could do better but certainly was not as bad as some here are making out.

Room Tip: As far away as possible from staff quarters!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Scotland
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Very dog friendly and lovely rooms, would have been happy with a less quality room as we arrived with very wet and dirty dogs! Staff sorted a problem with the booking quickly leaving us happy with the arrangements made, food good, bar service good, breakfast great, brilliant location,

Room Tip: All very good
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Edinburgh
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Stayed here on my second night while walking the west highland way firstly the room was very good and comfortable. We ate in the bar and the food was average breakfast in the morning was the same standard. It was also very disappointing there was no WIFI in this day and age that is really poor. The staff also seemed very uninterested for a £130 pounds for twin room it was poor value for money

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We left Balmaha early in the morning so we could have some breakfast at the hotel before finishing our west highland way walk....................arrived at 9.15am to be told we are closed for breakfast........asked if we could order a few bacon rolls................answer.........sorry we have nothing left we only order enough for the guests staying at the hotel............why not just tell us the truth.............we don`t want to serve you..............a hotel kitchen with no eggs,bacon,sausage your having a laugh............if it was down to the girl who we asked I think we would have got something...looks like the staff in the kitchen can`t be bothered.................waitress did offer us a coffee and then told us we could get breakfast 10mins away ..........must be great to refuse business when the economy is flying........thanks to the waitress for having to deliver a poor excuse from the kitchen staff..........

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank michael d

Travellers are raving about these Rowardennan hotels

Exmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2013

like so many others staying here, we were walking the west highland way. The welcome from the staff was good, and the room comfortable. We slept very well and enjoyed an excellent breakfast before setting off again on the Way. The only reason we didn't give 5 stars, was the evening bar service which seemed strangely at odds with the high standards otherwise in the hotel. However we did get food and drink which were adequate. The hotel setting was beautiful.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rowardennan
Lodge on Loch Lomond
#4 of 6 in Arrochar
Ardlui Hotel
Ardlui Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ardlui

Been to Rowardennan Hotel? Share your experiences!