“Heaven on Earth!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tarbet
Glebe Country House Tarbet
Ranked #4 of 10 Tarbet B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Heaven on Earth!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We were greeted so warmly by Bernadette and John on our arrival, and that set the tone for the week. Bernadette was full of suggestions for trips out and places to eat from the word go. She is truly a gem, we couldn't have asked for a better hostess. Nothing was too much trouble, we felt truly at home! The house and garden is lovely, the room was comfortable and clean and the breakfasts amazing with lovely soft Celtic background music ( yes I bought the CD). Try the pancakes with fruit and maple syrup. I miss the evenings in the lounge with a wee dram, looking out to the Loch, so peaceful. In the breakfast room is a little framed text: Arrive as strangers, Leave as friends. That just about sums it up! Thank you Bernadette and John, treasured memories of my first trip to Scotland. We will return!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Porsgrunn, Norway
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I agreed to take 3 Norwegian ladies on a tour of Scotland this May and booked this B & B based on it's location and Tripadviser reviews. One of my best choices! Such a lovely house located to give the best views down Loch Lommond. The rooms have been fitted out to include everything a traveler would need but with the eye of an interior designer. Bernadette is a treasure, full of good advice and nothing is too much trouble. Cracking breakfast and good local restaurant. I can think of no criticisms at all and my Norwegian ladies loved it.

I also got the timing right, May is a great time to visit Scotland and especially Loch Lommond. The flowers and trees are stunning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking down the Loch.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Statford upon Avon
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed at the Glebe Country House as an overnight in Loch Lomond. When we arrived it was bucketing it down, so it was lovely to be so warmly greeted by Bernadette.
We stayed in the Super Kingsize 4 poster bedded room at the front of the house, which was very grand indeed.
Bernadette was very helpful & friendly and was happy to cool wine/beer in the main fridge for later.
We had a very comfortable night's sleep and a very generous breakfast, so much so, we didn't need lunch!
All in all a lovely stay. The only reason I marked 4/5 on value is because it was the most we have ever paid for a B&B, but I believe this is to be in line with the area and the accommodation was of an excellent standard.

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed 2 June 2014

With my wife we have travelled in Scotland for two weeks. I can clearly say that this one was the best b&b we have stayed and not only for Scotland. Our room was excellent and very spacious. Great breakfast. Bernadette is very kind and well informed of the local restaurant and places to see. She gave us many good advices. We will like to go there again soon.

• Stayed May 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Only spent one night on our way north to meet friends

Outstanding guest house, fantastic room with four poster bed overlooking Loch Lomond.

Decoration and finish throughout absolutely immaculate

Returning in June for a couple of nights

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We've just finished a fantastic 2 night with Bernadette and John at Glebe house. The house is absolutely beautiful and Bernadette is so welcoming, it's really is like a home away from home. Beautiful views of Loch Lomond from the house and local buses take you down to nearby towns. A great restaurant in walking distance is the Slanj. If you have a car, it's really easy to explore the loch. We particularly enjoyed canoeing in the loch from Balmaha - thanks to Bernadette for supplying us with sun cream for that! Bernadette was very helpful in giving us some info/recommendations about local attractions (better than the tourist office over the road!). Breakfasts were delicious and beautifully presented. We'd thoroughly recommend this B&B and hope to come back ourselves one day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I spent two wonderful nights at the Glebe House during a walking tour in Scotland. It was everything that I could have hoped for. Bernadette is a welcoming and generous hostess, the house is beautiful and my room was extremely comfortable.

Tarbet was my starting off point for several long walks, and there is a lot to be enjoyed in the area. The village of Arrochar is 3.5km which is easily reached by a lovely forest path. From there there are several spectacular walks into the nearby hills. I could have easily spent more days here as the area has much more to offer than I could have possibly walked in the time that I had available. I hope to return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarbet
Bay Tarbet Hotel
Rhiconich Hotel
Rhiconich Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rhiconich
Lodge on Loch Lomond

Been to Glebe Country House Tarbet? Share your experiences!