“LAI 2014”

Muthu Ben Doran Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tyndrum
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The hotel was in need of an uplift. The food was average but edible in other words nothing special.
the day tours on the whole were quite good but the stops were all designed to extract as much from the passengers as possible .The highland concert however was bizzare to say the least and seemed to be designed to give praise to someone with rather strange taste in what is supposed to be Highland Heritage.The brochure price of £240 turned out to be £252.
Mr. A..Middlemass
ps. the entertainment was extremely good and the lounge very nice and comfortable and the alchohol prices very fair indeeed.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be fairly equal and have lovely views.
4  Thank alanmilo

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Great holiday spent at the Ben Doran Hotel. This holiday lived up to all that your 'personal brochure forecast and was fantastic value for money.
Our drivers Colin & Anne, gave us lots of information and care during our travels. The coaches, Hotel and dining room ran like clockwork showing how much your staff, in all departments worked for customer satisfaction. Food was superb, more than I could eat at times.
What can I say about the 'Highland Show' and dinner plus all the other evening entertainment, ---- unbelievable, Well done.
I will look forward to another holiday with your Company in the future.

Mr & Mrs G.Alder

1  Thank George A
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel needs a touch of TLC but we will go back as the staff make you welcome , the whole trip was great value for money , good evening entertainment, nice meals , excursions were very good a big thanks to Colin our coach driver who gave us a good laugh look forward to seeing you all again.

Room Tip: All have a good view.
2  Thank Christopher S
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Myself and my wife and another couple visited this hotel as part of a five day coach tour. What a great time we had, rooms great,Food excellent,All staff very friendly.Would definitely recommend others to go on the Highland Heritage Tours.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Micko47
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was our first experience of a coach trip holiday and to be fair, yes the hotel could do with a bit of a spruce up but it was very clean, the shower was superb and as a generally poor sleeper away from home I had four very good nights sleep. I don't understand some travellers preoccupation with the hand foam . As a nurse I am just happy to know my welfare is being thought of. The hotel setting superb, some shops and eating places within walking distance if you wanted a change from the more than adequate hotel fare. The holiday delivered exactly the experience we were looking for. The drivers friendly and knowledgable. The excursions took me to places I would otherwise never have been able to go to. As for the 'absent' mr Cleaver , it's not my usual expectation to meet the owner of any hotel I go to , so that wasn't a problem for me.
I also didn't expect any hotel facilities as we were out all day and by the time the evening meal had finished I was ready for an early night with a good book , although entertainment was provided every night for those more gregarious souls amongst us.
For those finding fault I would ask yourself what they expected from the type of holiday it was and also was it value for money, for me it was exactly what I expected and certainly value for money.
It was worth every penny just to experience the splendour and devastation that was the Glencoe Pass.

Room Tip: Ask for a superior room for the extra space
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thewirraltwosome
Reviewed 28 July 2014

booked a highland heritage holiday to this hotel ,we knew there would be a lot of older people than myself & my friend who are in our fifties , but thought the hotel would be better than it was , the rooms were very old fashioned & dated, & the toilets between the dining room & lounge were awfull they smelt like a nursing home ! the food was very good when the cost was so reasonable ,it was very hot when we went so it would have been nice if there were a seating area outside in the gardens although there were a few small benches we will not be returning

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank lizLincolnshire
Reviewed 27 July 2014

On our 8 hr journey from Cannock we experienced some fabulous scenery, we arrived with 1 hr to spare before dinner at 7 pm, no time to shower and change sweaty clothes, dinner was served on small plates and was quite small portions, dining staff worked fast and furious to serve 200 people room was stuffy and ice wasn't available for the jugs of water on the table, coffee served after dinner in lounge and some entertainment was provided, room, although supposed to be superior was badly in need of redecorating and the carpet needed cleaning, TV reception very poor, extractor in bathroom not working, 2 cracked tea cups, could only open window slightly for fresh air, Outside beautiful gardens and lovely scenery but only 2 small benches to sit on, no tables or chairs, most odd? to prevent any further Nora virus outbreaks all guests are required to use Bacteriol spray entering a coach and entering the hotel and at meal times a member of staff spays the hands of everyone entering the dining room good precautions but still feel like i'm in a care home thank god for the day trips as there is nothing to do in the hotel or grounds and gardens during the day....at last its time to go home, cases must be outside door by am and breakfast is am ready to leave at 7-45, arrived back in Cannock at pm due to traffic, sorry even though our drivers and dining staff were excellent our stay at Faulty towers was the last for us.

Room Tip: read reviews first
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
16  Thank John D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyndrum
Best Western The Crianlarich Hotel
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa
Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa
#2 of 3 in Inveraray

Been to Muthu Ben Doran Hotel? Share your experiences!