“Colin the manager ? was a star .”
Review of The Real Food Cafe

The Real Food Cafe
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Tyndrum
Price range: US$10 - US$26
Cuisines: Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Award winning road side diner serving great fish & chips, burgers, salads, soups and home baking. We specialise in being family friendly, we have a great selection of gluten free food available and we welcome dogs (and well behaved owners!)
Fort William
“Colin the manager ? was a star .”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Open quite late . Ideal portion sizes of fish & chips .
I left my fleece behind & Colin was extremely helpful & nice about posting it to me .
V many thanks guys .

Madison, Connecticut
“Stopping for questions”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The plan was to stop and ask some questions at the visitor center, but that turned into us having lunch. Very good Fish & Chips (lived up to the hype with the signs out front). Scampi and spicy chix was also very good. Pleasant surprise since it was not part of our original plan.

Visited June 2014
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Yummy food, really good value”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stopped in for lunch and were pleasantly surprised. The restaurant has counter service, which I wasn't expecting but it was fine. The restaurant was otherwise pretty nice, with a large fireplace that had been recently remodeled.

The fish and chips was huge, as was the "side" salad. My husband and I split a fish and chips and a side salad, and it was plenty of food for us. The coffees were also really good. This proved to be a great place to stop on our drive through Scotland.

1 Thank snowbunny16
Port Bannatyne, United Kingdom
“Great food for hungry travellers!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Had stopped here once before for coffee and cake (which was lovely) so we decided to keep driving for over 3 hours from Skye to reach here for dinner on way south. Haddock and chips was really tasty and freshly cooked and having opted for the standard portion I was glad I hadn't gone for the large! My wife had the fishcake and the fish to potato ratio was really high. Got coffee and brownies to go and the brownie was the best I've had. We'll definitely be back.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Iain B
Sussex
“2nd visit and still as good as the first”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was the second time I have visited this restaurant whilst on travelling. The haddock and chips is the best I have had in Scotland. The chips were properly cooked and not limp. The batter was crisp and not oily. The fish was firm and fresh. The cakes were good too. Details of where the food was sourced from shows their commitment to providing good food.

Ideal location to stop if you are hiking or driving through the highlands.

Fast service. Plenty of parking. Friendly, helpful staff.

I will come again.