“Just what we wanted”

Price range: US$11 - US$28
Cuisines: Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Award winning road side diner serving great fish & chips, burgers, salads, soups and home baking. We specialise in being family friendly, we have a great selection of gluten free food available and we welcome dogs (and well behaved owners!)
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife jokingly said as we set of for a long drive to the Isle of Skye that fish and chips would be good for lunch. By the time we got to Tyndrum and spotted the Real Food Cafe we decided we would. best fish and chips we have had for years and great choice of fish and sizes.We had the snack size which was great and just right and very good value for money. Great thing is also that we can take our daughter and her family there as well as they do gluten free fish and chips. Crispiest batter I have had in ages

1  Thank ProfRussel
Write a ReviewReviews (1,388)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Open quite late . Ideal portion sizes of fish & chips .
I left my fleece behind & Colin was extremely helpful & nice about posting it to me .
V many thanks guys .

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The plan was to stop and ask some questions at the visitor center, but that turned into us having lunch. Very good Fish & Chips (lived up to the hype with the signs out front). Scampi and spicy chix was also very good. Pleasant surprise since it was not part of our original plan.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stopped in for lunch and were pleasantly surprised. The restaurant has counter service, which I wasn't expecting but it was fine. The restaurant was otherwise pretty nice, with a large fireplace that had been recently remodeled.

The fish and chips was huge, as was the "side" salad. My husband and I split a fish and chips and a side salad, and it was plenty of food for us. The coffees were also really good. This proved to be a great place to stop on our drive through Scotland.

1  Thank snowbunny16
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had stopped here once before for coffee and cake (which was lovely) so we decided to keep driving for over 3 hours from Skye to reach here for dinner on way south. Haddock and chips was really tasty and freshly cooked and having opted for the standard portion I was glad I hadn't gone for the large! My wife had the fishcake and the fish to potato ratio was really high. Got coffee and brownies to go and the brownie was the best I've had. We'll definitely be back.

1  Thank Iain B