“Thank Goodness, They sell Guinness !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Tyndrum Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tyndrum
The Tyndrum Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tyndrum
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Thank Goodness, They sell Guinness !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife and I stayed a few days nearby at the BEN DORAN Hotel. They have a lovely little bar with lovely staff..... However, A beers, a beer..... and I love, love my Guinness ( Ben Doran sells it but in a tin ! lol Anyway..... after a couple of evenings we found this Inn.

EXCATLY what we needed !!! A clean, tidy REAL pub ! Food on the menu but the bar FELT like a real pub ! The Guinness was great, the staff friendly.... We sat outside in comfort.

Like I said, twas only a couple of fleeting pints but it MADE our evenings..... To ANYONE staying in or near Tyndrum : HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ! )

Many thanks to all there staff there.

Room Tip: Cannot complete review as only called in for a couple o' drinks....
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Hebrew first
Dumbarton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at this Inn with my wife and teenage son as part of a Car Club meeting. We had one of the newly refurbished family rooms which has been finished beautifully. We ate in the bar on the Friday and in the Restaurant, which was reserved for our club, on the Saturday. Both meals were very good, as was breakfast on both days. Staff were very helpfull and friendly. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Visited The Tyndrum Inn with my husband for the car meet in Scotland. I was a tad worried as I'd read a number of reviews on tripadviser before our visit but I needn't have been. The staff at the Inn were extremely welcoming and we had one of the newly refurbished bedrooms which was larger than I expected and had an excellent ensuite with bath and walk in shower.
We ate in the bar on the first night and the food and service were faultless. On the Sat night the car club had the restaurant for themselves and the staff set it out perfectly. The menu of a 3 course dinner had been pre-chosen and it was really good especially as they were catering for a party of around 50!
The breakfasts were also good as was the service, particularly our Spanish waiter on the Sunday morning. Well done to Jennifer and Andy for working so hard and making The Tyndrum Inn well worth a visit and a stopover. And thank you for helping to make the car meet such a success.

Room Tip: The refurbished rooms are to be recommended. There are plenty of ground level rooms for easier acces...
Derry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I also stayed at the Tyndrum Inn last weekend as part of the car club meet, for a total of three nights. I had a single room which served its purpose, which was for sleeping in. It had a TV and teamaking facilities which were handy and the bed was more than comfortable. I had an evening meal on the Friday and Sunday, as well as a three course meal as part of the club meet. I'm a fussy eater but I thought the food was excellent and well presented. I only eat serial in the mornings so can't comment on any cooked breakfasts. Overall, I considered my stay there very good indeed, and would happily stay there again another time. I had booked to stay at an 'Inn' and that is what it was, which is why I find some of the reviews somewhat critical.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SeanSWilson
Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

First time I had ever stayed at this Inn and as part of the recent car club meeting found it to be both welcoming and that they did much more than we asked or expected. My room was not one of the refurbished ones but was clean and good value for what was charged. The food we had during our stay was all both quick and tasty. They went out of their way to accommodate our group and made us all feel welcome and the refurbished rooms that I did see looked fantastic. I would urge people to give the new owners a chance as they have made huge improvements to their offering in a relatively short time and are still continuing to do so. Thanks for a welcoming and good value stay!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at the Tyndrum Inn last weekend and used it as a base for our annual car club meeting. We had one of the newly refurbished rooms, which was clean and spacious with a large modern bathroom. Some of my friends had rooms which hadn't been refurbished yet, but the new owners (Jennifer & Andy) are working their way through them all.

We first went to see the Tyndrum Inn much earlier in the year, when the refurbishement had just started and we were prettty amazed that so much has been done in a few months.

On the Saturday evening, we had over 50 people for dinner and were given the run of the newly refurbished restaurant. They set it up just as we asked for and couldn't have been more helpful. And the food from a special 'set' menu (3 choices per course) was very good indeed.

The night before, we ate less formally in the bar, with our friends arriving throughout the night. Although it was really busy, the service was good and the food was very enjoyable.

To sum up, this is not a 5-star hotel that some of the reviewers seem to be expecting, but an inn that is being renovated by its new owners. It's friendly with decent food and drink and is not expensive. And they made our stay very pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly refurbished room just now, until they've all been completed.
2 Thank James G
Perth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Passing through Sunday evening on a small 4 day tour round the west Coast, Saw this restaurant lot of parking available for our motorhome , Alarm bells should have rang when we heard someone at the next table complaining about his steak .... Quote " Don,t know which part of the cow that is from but it is inedible" So needless to say we did not order any Steaks, I had the Tyndrum Chicken which come with a whiskey sauce and mash... The chicken was overcooked to the extent the edges were hard and the rest of it was dry and totally inedible , The mash had hard bits of uncooked potato in it , I did complain and all i got was an apology .. no offer of a refund or reduction and it was obvious i had eaten almost nothing from the plate . Will never be back. They probably get lots of tourists and dont have to try very hard to get business.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Scottish M

Travellers are raving about these Tyndrum hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyndrum
Best Western The Crianlarich Hotel
#1 of 11 in Crianlarich
Inverardran Guest House
Inverardran Guest House
#3 of 11 in Crianlarich

Been to The Tyndrum Inn? Share your experiences!