We stayed for dinner en route to our hotel. The staff were helpful, friendly and welcoming. The restaurant was very busy and most of the tables were reserved but we were served promptly and efficiently. Home made mackerel and chicken liver pates with Sour Dough were very nice starters, to be followed by sirloin steak and haddock. Both were freshly made and good quality meat and fish. The dessert of Sticky Toffee Pudding and local ice cream was the perfect end to the meal with our coffees. A very nice meal, good service and, from what we could see, this looked nice a nice hotel to stay over for a day or two.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the Scottish Borders the Buccleuch Arms is a charming four star Inn with an incredible history dating back to 1836. In recent years the Buccleuch has earned an award-winning reputation as one of the finest Inns in Scotland, welcoming both locals and guests from further afield. Most recently of course winning Scottish Inn of the Year 2015 at the Scottish Hotel awards in April. So whether you're visiting the Scottish Borders on the new Borders Railway or passing through, make a point of stopping at the Buccleuch. We hope you'll be pleasantly surprised. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Buccleuch Arms Scottish Borders reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccleuch Arms St Boswells
- Buccleuch Arms Scottish Borders St Boswells