We popped into the bar for a meal in full walking gear on our way to start the St cuthberts way. The waitress said she didn't mind our stuff so we sat down and ordered. Don't know if it was our slight scruffiness, our accents or the fact I ordered tap water but things took a turn for the surly.
Anyway, the food when it came was great. Chicken salad fresh and crisp with a breadcrumbed deep fried egg (clever). Sea bass was succulent and tasty if slightly small in portion.
The younger waitresses were friendly and professional - not sure what went wrong with the other lady but the food was worth braving it for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the Scottish Borders the Buccleuch Arms is a charming four star Inn with an incredible history dating back to 1836. In recent years the Buccleuch has earned an award-winning reputation as one of the finest Inns in Scotland, welcoming both locals and guests from further afield. Most recently of course winning Scottish Inn of the Year 2015 at the Scottish Hotel awards in April. So whether you're visiting the Scottish Borders on the new Borders Railway or passing through, make a point of stopping at the Buccleuch. We hope you'll be pleasantly surprised. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Buccleuch Arms Scottish Borders reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccleuch Arms St Boswells
- Buccleuch Arms Scottish Borders St Boswells